Break the season into 4 chunks - and make some more predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
I am overjoyed with our performance YTD. Many of you will remember that there was a lot of negativity regarding our depth and ability this year (there are plenty of posters who had warned of a 0/5 or 0/7 start to the season). Others were a little more 'optimistic' - but I don't think any of us would have predicted this start to the season.

4 from 7 wins? with personnel dropping like flies? what a top effort from De$ and the team (yeah I haven't fully forgiven him yet, so the $ sign remains)

However, we now have the best part of 40% of our cap on the sidelines for various reasons. DCE, Turbo, Walker are the headlines, with Hoppa, Api and Jorge also on the injured list atm..... with Origin looming large in the calendar.

1. All games up to Canberra - 7 games
2. From Canberra game til end of Origin - 6 games - (Dogs, Broncos, Sharks, Titans, panthers, Cowboys)
3. Origin - 5 games + Bye - (Dragons, Titans, Rabbits, Eels, Storm)
4. Post-Origin - 6 games (Knights, Warriors, Tigers, Raiders, Storm, Eels)

Is anyone willing to put their Nostradamus hat on and make any predictions for the 2nd chunk?

For me (an eternal optimist) I can't help but feel that 2 wins from 6 would actually be a pass mark. I would LOVE us to go 4 from 6 or better, but we are FINALLY starting to scratch the bottom of the barrel in terms of depth.

Anyone willing to provide a counter view?

For the record - I BELIEVE that chunk 4 is where we come home strong. Fit, healthy players post Origin and manly will charge into finals.... but thats a post for another time

For the record - I BELIEVE that chunk 4 is where we come home strong. Fit, healthy players post Origin and manly will charge into finals.... but thats a post for another time

Dragging up an old thread - but the sentiment remains.

I am astonished about our current situation compared to where we all thought we would be.

It's a tough run ahead for us in the last quarter of the comp but i can't see us missing the finals this year. If we can beat the rabbits, knights and storm at least once I reckon we will be top four

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2