Braith Anasta

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Finally someone has finally said what we all know...DCE should be in the QLD team. Once Anasta made the call, the rest of the commentary were dribbling all over it.

Last edited:
DCE is better out of the Queensland team until the current playing hierarchy have moved on. Like the (Dual-contract) Ref, the (Dual-contract) Jockey, the Hyena, the (Dual-contract) Partner Basher.

Just like at M-W, where now he has some clear air, with the ZKC (Zorba's Knitting Circle) having all moved on.

Last edited:
I reckon they'll pick him just so they'll have someone to blame if NSW get the win. If the NSW pack plays all over the Qld pack, like they did in game one, Cherry (or anyone else) will struggle to make an impact. But Fifita was strangely quiet again today so who knows…

FMD Hodges has just picked Cherry as his No.1 Sunday ticket holder....Kevvie might actually pick him!
Queensland and their so-called loyalty is going to bite them over their treatment of DCE. Their loss, I am delighted with how he's playing best form in 3 years. He looks very calm and relaxed and he is taking good options. The pass for Wright's second try was one of the passes of this season.

I watched the fox sports coverage and talk about a bunch of bozos! At half time it was all about the fish fingers and how they were going to run all over us and it was lovely to see them scraped the egg off their faces at full time.

Braith Anasta is actually one of the better commentators on there who gives Manly a fair go like Brandy does as well.

I must finally say that Ben Cummings, the referee has always disliked us. Today he did everything possible to get them back into the game. The last call against Lawrence when he tried to play the ball was a big howler from him, great win by the boys today.

The problem with Qld is in the past when DCE was picked they wanted him to play like someone else
If they pick him now he has to play his game. Hodgo even said it on fox after the game
I think that's why he hadn't been mentioned cause the coach doesn't know how to set up his team when they haven't got there regular spine running the team they are totally lost

• 🤝
Reactions: MRW
He certainly copped a passive aggressive bashing (PAB) from noted journo and 'out and proud' Bournville Boulevardier (a bit of PAB of my own) Andrew Webster in the SMH this morning.

Anasta has both a conscious and unconscious bias / hate for Manly, I dread it when he calls our games.

Any grey matter or marginal calls he highlights and blows up, speculating the Tigers would have scored two or threes tries if Jake had been binned.

Don’t know the bloke but have formed the opinion he is an absolute Turd!!!

Anasta has both a conscious and unconscious bias / hate for Manly, I dread it when he calls our games.

Any grey matter or marginal calls he highlights and blows up, speculating the Tigers would have scored two or threes tries if Jake had been binned.

Don’t know the bloke but have formed the opinion he is an absolute Turd!!!
Yep. Drives me nuts. Even without the bias it's beyond me how such a complete dill has a job.

Yep. Drives me nuts. Even without the bias it's beyond me how such a complete dill has a job.

s'funny because he didn't enjoy his time at Wt...thought he'd be glad to be biased against them...

(wiki)...

In 2017, Anasta opened up to Fox Sports about his time at The Wests Tigers and recalled it wasn't one of the happiest times in his life. He went on to say “I didn’t step foot [sic] in the joint (before signing) which is another major regret for me, didn’t even step into the facilities to see what they were like. "I'm thinking they’ve got the same facilities, I'm thinking 'it's a first grade rugby league team, I'm not even questioning that'.

"It's not a shocking gym, but it's not like ... I just remember thinking 'wow, this is so far behind the times'. Little things like availability to Gatorade and water. "You'd only have a certain amount of Gatorade. You're talking about a team that trains three to four hours a day that has limits to their recovery. "A few times they didn't pay the bill for strapping tape. Which is just a necessity. Guys scavenging for tape to try and tape themselves up before a training session. "This was in 2013, it was bizarre. It was a dark place I don't know how anyone could be expected to play their best and that showed for a long period of time. "Pottsy (coach Mick Potter) did as much as he could, even he had his hands tied, because as I said, the joint was a debacle".[26]

But then again, when the dog lends him the family brain cell...it probably just has the single capacity to think: "people no like Manly...me pick on Manly means me good commentator-potato."

Shane Flanagan's recent comentating showed what someone with both intelligence and insight bring to the commentary box. Braith Anasta adds very little, and some of the Fox commentater hirings they have made leave me baffled - WTF. At least the Broncos were good enough to take Kevvie off their hands (he was their worst). Surely, as a dedicated league network, they can do a bit better than what they have.

Shane Flanagan's recent comentating showed what someone with both intelligence and insight bring to the commentary box. Braith Anasta adds very little, and some of the Fox commentater hirings they have made leave me baffled - WTF. At least the Broncos were good enough to take Kevvie off their hands (he was their worst). Surely, as a dedicated league network, they can do a bit better than what they have.
I think benji will be good if he goes down that road

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6