Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The bloke looks busted & struggling physically so I don't want to slaughter the guy. His knees look like they are held together with rubber bands and masking tape. What a dynamic offensive threat our wings threaten with Matt Wright on the other flank.

He actually looked like he wanted to coach to hook him and save him from himself. I actually felt sorry for him. Hard to muster up much anger about our lot anymore I just had to laugh.

How important are wingers in the modern game. More important than centres! They need to be able to score tries, save tries, strong kick returns, have speed and that x factor, positional play, defuse bombs.

How important are wingers in the modern game. More important than centres! They need to be able to score tries, save tries, strong kick returns, have speed and that x factor, positional play, defuse bombs.
Centres are as important as wingers in a Dynamic backline .
You have mentioned a very essential requirement in the modern game that gives teams a winning advantage and that is SPEED .
Apart from Tom T at fullback we have the slowest 2 - 5 backline in the NRL.
Apart from Tom T none of the players that were selected against the Broncos have the ability to run the distance and score .
Apart from Tom the rest are only capable from scoring from outside the oppositions quarter line and this limits a teams scoring capabilities .
Slow backs Suck
Speed Thrills
Speed Kills !!!
3cc6a74faf2021fe28f472320e03b755.png

Parker shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Beaver **** me. I don't care how tall or fat he becomes in the off season he has no right to be near an nrl side. Looks like a lovely bloke but just can't play no shame in that.
Most people have cut him slack because we love our local Juniors but the gig is up back to park football Brad.

The issue, which has been raised, is that Parker 'is too small', 'cant tackle', 'is slow' etc. Earlier this year members of this forum were extolling his virtues, which included that he was tall, he was a good defender, that he attacked the line etc. Suddenly because Barrett foolishly put him on the wing, we see his deficiencies, which any player with a forwards physique would have on the wing, even Menzies if he was out there. I watched Menzies when he played centre and he was competent without being outstanding. Menzies advantage was that he was fast, had a good swerve, was a rover, and yes he was a fine hole runner. But he also had one Cliff Lyons setting him up. Even Uate and Taufua have problems with defence because they are big men who cant adjust as fast as a smaller player.

In my opinion Parker would make a fine back rower especially off the bench. He's fast for a forward, aggressive in his play and close in, a good defender. He has the attributes to be a good backrower. Even Barrett said that at one stage and it was amazing he never tried him out in that position (but then he said Tom Wright would be a good centre, and only played him there once for a full game in the trials). But until we see Parker in that position we are all just conjecturing.

Parker's performance yesterday would have to rate as one of the worst ever in a Manly jersey

Parramatta will make a huge bid for him this week to sign for 2019
That was up with Steve Mavin in the 1987 finals series,
I was there......
NYEagle

Putting him in the backrow won't change the fact that he has tits for hands and the running style of a double amputee. If we moved him to the backrow, he would lead the comp in metres lost post contact

Can't question the kids effort at all, he gives it plenty, but he is outmatched in any position at NRL level

Perhaps you should let this one go, he is not the back-rower you seek. Regards, Obi-wan.

Patience young SlyTalker. You must open your mind to the power of the farce. Don't use your eyes, use your inner senses. Feel the farce flowing through you and know that the Parker is destined for the holy gathering of the scrum.

Putting him in the backrow won't change the fact that he has tits for hands and the running style of a double amputee. If we moved him to the backrow, he would lead the comp in metres lost post contact

Can't question the kids effort at all, he gives it plenty, but he is outmatched in any position at NRL level
Exactly...he certainly comes up well short in several areas when you compare him to the better backrowers in the game. Sadly, many of his deficiencies aren’t areas that will improve with coaching because they have more to do with God given talent than they do with development.

All Wingers at Manly have struggled in recent times :
Defusing bombs ,
Catching normal kicks,
Picking up grubbers ,
Ball security / not losing the ball as they are getting up to play the ball,
Foot touching the ball (@ play the ball)
Positional play
Poor reads in Defence- opposite winger scoring multiple tries.
Taufua , Uate and Parker and even Matt Wright ( Mr slow) tick all these boxes - unfortunately
( Uate gone)

I've already addressed that mistake Blake A. Thanks for the pie in the eye (it was deserved mind you but I've already received my punishment thank you). I was confusing Gosiewski and Paseka in their details.

Lets clarify a few things first. Parker in the reviewed Sea Eagles site is 100 kgs and 193 cms. Makes him bigger than Buhrer, Thompson, Lewis Brown, Menzies. He is only 9 kgs and 1 cm smaller than Sironen, and Sironen is 4 years older. As I said Parker will probably beef up over the summer, which will easily make him worthy of the forward pack.

As for defensively, Brookie, remember Parker stands 6'4", and earlier this year his defence was identified as his positive attribute. You are right he is too slow for a winger and that's why they run around him. But in tighter within the centre of the field, it would be a different story. He has a good defensive style, would be quite fast as a forward, but no good out wide where speedsters get around him.

As I have suggested most of the season, Parker is more suited as a running forward, not a back. Why Barrett persisted with him on the wing, with speedster Tom Wright sitting in the Reggies, confounds me. He should have been a bench player covering the back row forwards, and centres if required.
I think you might need some glasses too if you got confused between those two@:D

I was over it in 2018
Has a dig, simply not up to it
To those saying he needed a shot in the centres....that was it

He gets one more run in the dry for me that’s it

Why? He has shown in all conditions, in all circumstances and against all opposition that he has absolutely nothing. I can’t fathom how a guy who is below average in every facet and fundamental of the game has even made it this far. Never want to see him in firsts again, in fact, id sleep better if he wasn’t even stinking it up for Blacktown

Have Toronto Wolfpack got a 5th grade team that need a “utility back”?

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8