Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agreed. Parker has been rushing up to cut down the overlap.its working as they then tend to play back inside. Remember how many tries were scored getting around us last year
When you don't have the numbers then cutting off the play before the overlap is the best option. As long as Parker keeps making the right decision on when to come up and when to stay back then we'll be good but our defensive decisions are so much better than they were last year.

Whatever defence is chosen and works best, I am happy with.
Last season there seemed zero defensive structure and in 2019 has been up and in....which shortens the sidelines and herds the players back to the middle, where due to the compressed defence, there are more numbers....personally liking this pattern.

Hank Scorpio is no superstar player, we all know that. He wouldn't even get picked for the old City vs Country even with players pulling out "injured", let alone Origin. And his best chance of playing test football is if his family history includes some Scottish or Irish.

But you don't have to be a rep player to be a first grade player. There have been a lot more first graders since 1908 who have never got near a rep jumper than those who have. Most players go through their entire careers without ever being considered by rep selectors.

Parker is one of those players who is better defensively (especially in the centres compared to on the wing) than he is with the ball in his hands. Des obviously see's more in him than us fans do which is why he's not only in the first grade squad, but is currently playing in first grade rather than at Blacktown. Sure he might not be there if Walker was playing, but the facts are that he is and for all intents and purposes has so far this year been a solid performer.

Who was it who got dropped after the big win in Christchurch for not reaching the set standards....Parker or Suli? Think about that.
I'd say what Des sees in him, is a seat warmer until we get a real centre hahaha. We had Matai / Lyon, or Bell / Matai (with Lyon @ 5/8).

This abomination of Suli / Parker is temporary. Thank ****.

Stinging for Walker, A. Hopoate, Trbojevic, Garrick. Just need to add an Aitken or.something to that and we have a real 1st grade quality backline again.

Sam Smith is far too slow to break into our team , even at present. May as well stick with Parker / Suli. Smith is another power player. Looks like Lane. Doesn't even seem to run as quickly.

When you don't have the numbers then cutting off the play before the overlap is the best option. As long as Parker keeps making the right decision on when to come up and when to stay back then we'll be good but our defensive decisions are so much better than they were last year.

We have been relying on a good read by the outside men since Robbos days

We have been relying on a good read by the outside men since Robbos days
Des is a fan of the up and in defence isn't he? Relies a lot on a good read and your outside backs' ability to make one-on-one tackles but it means that you always have a chance even if you're out-numbered on an edge.

I'd say what Des sees in him, is a seat warmer until we get a real centre hahaha. We had Matai / Lyon, or Bell / Matai (with Lyon @ 5/8).

This abomination of Suli / Parker is temporary. Thank ****.

Stinging for Walker, A. Hopoate, Trbojevic, Garrick. Just need to add an Aitken or.something to that and we have a real 1st grade quality backline again.

Sam Smith is far too slow to break into our team , even at present. May as well stick with Parker / Suli. Smith is another power player. Looks like Lane. Doesn't even seem to run as quickly.
You are one of the few @Ryan whom acknowledges Steve Bell as one of our elite centres. Everyone remembers Matai/Lyon but Matai/Bell was the most lethal we had.
Whilst he wasn’t as good as Killer, Bell was an origin centre and was a damn good player.

You are one of the few @Ryan whom acknowledges Steve Bell as one of our elite centres. Everyone remembers Matai/Lyon but Matai/Bell was the most lethal we had.
Whilst he wasn’t as good as Killer, Bell was an origin centre and was a damn good player.
Bell was definitely good... but that double step back inside was a bit frustrating. It always looked like he should just step the first player then straighten up. Sure he would have scored more tries...

But I’d rate him up there with Innes, Darrell Williams...

And if its not then it leaves a hole that most NRL players are good enough to exploit.
If you have the numbers then yes, you leave your defence a man short and if your tackle doesn't stick then the opposition will more than likely score. But if you're short to begin with then it's a risk that's worth taking and all you really need to do is slow down the play enough to allow the backup to come through which is what Parker did every time he came up.

Brad has been officially welcomed into the ranks of first grade by the referees.

When a knights player clearly kicked the ball away from Brad as he tried to play it, and the ref ruled that Brad lost it, we all finally knew that the refs see Parker as a true Manly first grader and should be reffed accordingly.

Well done Brad!

There has been a massive improvement from Parker, when compared to last season.

I think we all know the reason why this has happened.

I can only wonder how someone like a B.Kelly would have developed over the last few years with a better coaching system in place, or even if he had stuck around for this season.

Moses suli was found wanting on inside a bit.

To be fair Ponga makes most players look foolish. Same as Tupou. Suli has had some really, REALLY good players to mark, unfortunately.

Looks like Hopoate's not going to happen any time soon, so I hope we get Walker and someone like Aitken in asap.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4