Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1866844C-E3EE-400A-9C78-D290FF221A93.jpeg

Parker goes ok considering league is his 2nd sport

only ones paying out on him should have a CV with there 1st grade experience
This old chestnut? you didn't play 1st grade so you can't have an opinion **** that I also have never been a politician but I have an opinion on them also. I'm not a singer or actor but have opinions on them also, I struggle in the kitchen but will tell a chef his meal is **** also.
The truth is he is blessed it is a salary cap era as he is not first grade standard.

This is a funny forum.

I think everyone agrees, Brad is giving 100%.

What I think some are missing is the fact that Parker is only there because we have no other first grade blooded centre/wingers. Maybe Des could blood someone new (Anderson? Funa injured, Hoppa injured) who's never played first grade... But hey, we just beat the comp leaders with approx $1.5m on the sidelines for the 2nd half so I think Des knows best.

Walker is out. Parker is the backup.

What's the point in death riding the kid who gives 100% every week that we all know is the backup for our rep centre....

Anyway, like I said, the kid gives 100%. He's got my support when he pulls on the maroon and white.

No one is death riding him. He gives 100 per cent but he’s not a first grader.Its simply some posters like me commenting on his ability. That opinion is just as valid as those who have the opposite view. I’m sure he’s a great dude also. No doubting that.

There was an option last week. Elliott to wing and Garrick to centre. Kid has more talent than Parker by a mile and is a centre by trade. As a Msnly fan like everyone we all hope he will “ hold his own” but that is the very best you can hope for and when the other options are available he will be first to go.

Reggie’s ? He’s played almost 40 games of first grade including 17 last year.If youve played that much first grade and been picked in the top 30 with the idea he can play first grade for three years you get judged as a first grader, especially given history suggests the chances of a Walker appearance at centre in either the past or future is similar odds to finding a white rhino in your back yard.
In those games as a three quarter he’s scored 4 tries and made 4 line breaks.

As for needing first grade CV to comment I know a lot of first graders and there aren’t many insightful geniuses amongst them believe me so careful what you wish for.Kimmorley , Gasnier,Lockyer,Hodges, Parker ring any bells?

Be pretty quiet on here if that was a prerequisite for comment

Last edited:
Brad Parker is not a 1st grade quality football player, he is a fill in/replacement ala Keanu Reeves if you have seen the movie.

Brad Parker tries hard, trains hard, and probably arrives and leaves 1st and last from work every day.
Brad Parker gets 10/10 for effort, and is a local junior to boot!!!

But....Brad Parker is still not a 1st grade quality football player, and based on 3 years of previous
performances; will never be a quality one.

giphy.gif

I don’t feel I owe him an apology just yet. He still looks like could drop the ball any minute or make a 2 1/2 metre hit up. But he has been better the last two weeks, up was really the only direction he could go though to be fair.

Just hasn’t got anything in his game that elevates him to serviceable nor make you accept the obvious shortcomings

Brad Parker is growing on me. Drops the ball a bit, but he’s starting to make himself a little more conspicuous in attack...capable of bumping out of a tackle anyway. But his defence is his strong suit, he’s able to handle players much more highly rated than he is. He cut Gagai in half with a great tackle on Saturday, and seems to cover quite well when we let someone drift wide. He’s bought into the Des defensive philosophy, and that alone will probably do us for now.

Don’t underestimate him. Some keen judges (like Phil Gould) like the cut of his jib and can certainly see something there.

Clearly Hasler is a coach that can bring the best out of a player. It seems to be happening across the park already.

Parker may seem like a stopgap now, but if he develops (under Hasler’s tutelage) into a bustling centre reminiscent of another Manly junior, Alec Tennant, then that will be a great outcome.

Don’t underestimate him. Some keen judges (like Phil Gould) like the cut of his jib and can certainly see something there.

Clearly Hasler is a coach that can bring the best out of a player. It seems to be happening across the park already.

Parker may seem like a stopgap now, but if he develops (under Hasler’s tutelage) into a bustling centre reminiscent of another Manly junior, Alec Tennant, then that will be a great outcome.
Danny Moore?

Brad Parker is growing on me. Drops the ball a bit, but he’s starting to make himself a little more conspicuous in attack...capable of bumping out of a tackle anyway. But his defence is his strong suit, he’s able to handle players much more highly rated than he is. He cut Gagai in half with a great tackle on Saturday, and seems to cover quite well when we let someone drift wide. He’s bought into the Des defensive philosophy, and that alone will probably do us for now.

Mate, his defense has always been good ... the only time he has had issues is when he was out of position on the wing and had to suffer defending outside Suli ....

My biggest hope for him is that he grows into his legs ... they always seem to want to go in a different direction than his brain is telling them to go ...

Love the GingaNinja and wish him well ...

Not sure why Danny was so underrated myself and in the same conversation as Brad.

Always thought he was great for us. Plenty of aggression and skill and a great step. We have been blessed with some fantastic centres over the years.Been a feature of all our great eras. Fulton Gartner OConnor Innes Hill Matai Lyons just to name a few.Killer my favourite but we have always been potent out wide.

Danny Moore was a 3 time Kangaroo and 4 time Origin player.He scored 3 tries in 3 tests for Australia and won a premiership with Manly.

Last edited:
That's exactly who Brad reminds me of.
All arms and legs but then he filled out and used to gallop down the field with the ball under his arm :nod:

l_1994%20select%20sticker%20201406120149.jpg
Brad shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. Danny was not just a first grader but had a good rep career. How quick we forget.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6