Bored in 14 day isolation!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
Three things:-
Am in isolation for 14 days after coming home on Thursday night
Clint Gutherson is a twat! Watched the Eels v Bulldogs 1st round match & he is such an arrogant piece of work. Thank God he left & took his arrogance with him! Fits in well where he is!
Jack Wighton has turned into great player! Had a few issues recently but boy has he taken his game to a new level at 5/8! No wonder the Raiders resigned him for a further 4 years!
Can’t wait for Thursday!!!

Clint Gutherson is a twat! Watched the Eels v Bulldogs 1st round match & he is such an arrogant piece of work. Thank God he left & took his arrogance with him! Fits in well where he is!
Jack Wighton has turned into great player! Had a few issues recently but boy has he taken his game to a new level at 5/8! No wonder the Raiders resigned him for a further 4 years!
There are quite a few old full games available on the nrl website.manly even wins a few of them.

also some in the manly website

I agree with everything you've said

where have you been ??
I’ve been away working at sea.........it’s my job as Senior Communications Officer on ships. Left home in January then got caught up in this coronavirus drama & stuck at sea anchored off the coast of Florida for 65 days before getting a charter flight home from Barbados to London to Doha to Sydney. Now isolation for 14 days in the city. Oh well at least the hotel has Fox so watching NRL.

I’ve been away working at sea.........it’s my job as Senior Communications Officer on ships. Left home in January then got caught up in this coronavirus drama & stuck at sea anchored off the coast of Florida for 65 days before getting a charter flight home from Barbados to London to Doha to Sydney. Now isolation for 14 days in the city. Oh well at least the hotel has Fox so watching NRL.
Wow that's quite the odyssey. Cruise ships or commercial shipping ?

Wow that's quite the odyssey. Cruise ships or commercial shipping ?
Cruise ships mate......& please don’t believe all the click bait news about the cruise ship industry being a breeding ground for coronavirus or any other disease.......those idiot journos have no idea & are misguided so they write rubbish. Anyway what to do....

Cruise ships mate......& please don’t believe all the click bait news about the cruise ship industry being a breeding ground for coronavirus or any other disease.......those idiot journos have no idea & are misguided so they write rubbish. Anyway what to do....
I must admit if you believe the media it does seems like Russian Roulette going on a cruise @:)

Main thing is you are back home and healthy, and just in time to watch the Sea Eagles go round again

Welcome home mate. I’m of an opposite opinion on Gutherson and Wighton. I think Gutherson is becoming a good leader. I from the same area as Wighton and all I’ll say is his ‘antics’ don’t surprise me. He’s certainly taking his on field game to another level though.

If you haven’t got onto it already, I found ‘The Last Dance’ on Netflix enthralling.

Mate - ont hing I have learnt over the years is that the news is designed to get viewers and sell advertising (even the ABC needs decent viewing figures in order to ecure their funding in terms of grants) so I 100% have no doubt things have been exagerated.

I work in finance, and have been beaten with the media stick since starting in the industry 17 years ago - so I totally get it.

Would be intereted to hear your views on what the future of the industry might be, and what steps were taken on baord with your ship/in your experience which might offer a counter arguement to the crap we have read?

Or - you may be sick of talking about it, and just want to watch NRL replays.... understand either way!

Mate - ont hing I have learnt over the years is that the news is designed to get viewers and sell advertising (even the ABC needs decent viewing figures in order to ecure their funding in terms of grants) so I 100% have no doubt things have been exagerated.

I work in finance, and have been beaten with the media stick since starting in the industry 17 years ago - so I totally get it.

Would be intereted to hear your views on what the future of the industry might be, and what steps were taken on baord with your ship/in your experience which might offer a counter arguement to the crap we have read?

Or - you may be sick of talking about it, and just want to watch NRL replays.... understand either way!
Looking at going long on some cruise ship stocks are we ??

Anecdotal evidence I have from someone in the industry is despite all this drama they are still taking significant bookings from people for cruises next year.

Looking at going long on some cruise ship stocks are we ??

Anecdotal evidence I have from someone in the industry is despite all this drama they are still taking significant bookings from people for cruises next year.
Not quite mate

Just being kind to a fellow silvertail who no doubt has taken a mental/verbal bashing over the last few months.....

I have family who used to work on cruise ships a lot, so I understand the appeal for certain people (particularly my elderly parents who have limited mobility but still a desire to travel) but its not quite in my wheel house

Harmless....a cruise ship is basically a floating hotel. One thing people need to understand is cruise ships are clean & any viruses are brought on board by embarking passengers. All ships are continuously sanitised as per requirement by the CDC & health authorities of every country. I know for a fact that cruise ships in Asia suffer more from sickness brought on board than ships in other areas of the world. A lot of blame has wrongly been put on cruise ships yet where did this virus originate? Certainly not on cruise ships....it was spread by travel including air travel & by land! People fly all over the world to go on holiday & join cruise ships! Not a word about airplanes yet they’re one reason it spread all over the world. I also know most of the passengers infected on cruise ships were of Asian origin! There are always cases of passengers with the flu & other issues that embark for holidays & there are always protocols in progress to contain, treat & resolve any issues. Everything is done according to international regulations & huge fines imposed if not correctly followed. Everything is continuously reported & instruction given from shoreside agencies on what to do. Cruising has been ongoing for over 70 years & how often have you heard anything untoward until now.....I know the drama on the Ruby Princess & I personally know the doctor on board & I can tell you she is by the book & any issues were reported to the NSW authorities correctly! For some reason a witch hunt has developed & as a result the cruise industry is suffering. There’s so much more to say mate but the truth will come out in the end. It’s funny how the virus has shown up in places around the world where cruise ships can’t access & haven’t been but I guess it’s easy to blame someone! Anyway let’s see what happens!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4