Bob Fulton appointed Strategic Football Consultant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Many years ago, a management trainer I once knew said: " If you make decisions based on gut feeling, then you are making decisions based on indigestion!"

An ex military sales/ workforce guru told me that people don't leave because they don't like the money or the job, they leave because they don't like the people

An ex military sales/ workforce guru told me that people don't leave because they don't like the money or the job, they leave because they don't like the people
A happy dirty old man once told me this :
images.jpg

You don't quit the company - you quit the management

Is it a situation set up by a few players close to gift? B Stewart, Matai, Foran?

I have a feeling that B Stewart and Matai are going to play less and less football from now on as they struggle to carry the chip on their shoulders because of the gifty situation.

Maybe we need to let them go and try and get the playing group 100% back on side?

Yes, but Choc instead of Matai as far as agitation against 2v goes :cool:
Its ridiculous to hold 2v to ransom for a decision that he obviously judged to be for the betterment of the future of Manly - but they do.:( And even more ridiculous to bully Chez last year to release his monies to keep Gifty - irrational IMO :confused:

Matai did ask for a release when the Warriors offer came in, but was refused and he has in fact, added 2 more years to his contract. I have never doubted his commitment on the field - we need 13 Matais to be invincibles :angel:

Foran is leaving in a huff and obviously Choc is already gracing Parra :D

Snake's problem is that apart from a rumored offer from the Raiders, no offers flooded in for him so that he could skulk away. He is seen as a high maintenance Player , with suspect knees , by everyone - but we do benefit from his artistry when he is in the mood :)

I am hoping that with Bozo being appointed, 2v will be seen to have received his comeuppance by BS and Foran and we can get a united Team on the Field at least.

The backlash from Supporters against Manly, should 2v leave in acrimonious circumstances, is now clear to the brains trust at Manly :mad:

We can only hope that Bozo's relationship with 2v is as strong as it was @:cool:
The disgruntled group have no knowledge of this, as it was way before their time at Manly.

But no body in this power struggle is really thinking of the Fans :cool:
Lucky for them, we are all Manly addicts :rofl::party::inlove:

From Ikin's chat on the Telecrap today re: coaching:

I'm hearing there isn't a great appetite amongst candidates to take the role due to the highly political nature of the Manly club - there has been so much churn in all areas of the business over the last 12 months

Coaches aren't that dumb. They know there is new ownership in place with a new staff - hence the churn. If you took the job now you get to make your mark free of "Des legacy" crap that has plagued Tooves. I think if anything, the subtext from this response is that no one has been approached so they are just making up bull**** excuses.

From Ikin's chat on the Telecrap today re: coaching:

I'm hearing there isn't a great appetite amongst candidates to take the role due to the highly political nature of the Manly club - there has been so much churn in all areas of the business over the last 12 months

Coaches aren't that dumb. They know there is new ownership in place with a new staff - hence the churn. If you took the job now you get to make your mark free of "Des legacy" crap that has plagued Tooves. I think if anything, the subtext from this response is that no one has been approached so they are just making up bull**** excuses.
We have hit the bottom as we cannot sign any players and now we cannot sign any coaches

Guess we will just have to make do with what we have.

Hasson anyone?

Actually after playing the Cowboys and Broncos away ( after a week off) and being 1/12 might be a tad worse !!

But surely by June we will start to get some troops back??

Actually after playing the Cowboys and Broncos away ( after a week off) and being 1/12 might be a tad worse !!

But surely by June we will start to get some troops back??
Still a way to go before we get to the bottom but hopefully by the middle of the year the rebuilding has begun. No spoon for Us.

2v looked good on NRL260. He spoke on the phone with Bozo and will have a meeting with him next week.
He is of the opinion that Bozo will help the recruitment process and overview of the game.@:cool:

a twitter was read from a person named Nathan Brown asked him (2v thought it was funny) which halves pairing would he pick if he could. 'I'd like to pick the two we currently have. I'd love for them to change their mind'
Then he looked at the camera and said 'Change your minds' with a cheeky grin :p

Ikin - If your Team was a Celebrity - Manly,Kevin Rudd 'Down and out but a certainties to be back again'

Last edited:
He is of the opinion that Bozo will help the recruitment process and overview of the game.@:cool:
Exactly. The statement from the club says:

“Bob’s initial focus will be to support Head Coach Geoff Toovey and CEO Joe Kelly with our talent identification and recruitment program and to also assist in the development of a long term football plan that is designed to ensure sustained on-field success for our Club.”

If (lol) there have been issues between CEO and coach as to a recruitment strategy then I'm sure Toovey would be more than happy to have the input of Fulton. It also allows Kelly to be swayed without the appearance of having been overruled by the coach.

He did say "they were in it for the long haul" which (for me) helped to dispel some of the rumours about his tenure at the club. That said, I agree with others about the need for some formal acknowledgement (perhaps from Bob Fulton) so we can put the matter to rest and get on with retention and development.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4