Blind Freddy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Blind Freddy could see we hit the wall in the 2nd half. We were not moving up in the tackles and we were falling off tackles. I said to the guy sitting in front of me - we are gone when we were 12 - nil up but just look ordinary.
But hopefully that will kick us into gear. But Blind Freddy could see we were gone before they even scored.

Yeah - we should have been 24 ahead at half time. Second half was shocking - looked like they had all taken a few Valiums & were putting the feet up.

Another annoying thing - why are we not contesting the bomb. Stewart letting it bounce all the time is disastrous for field position & puts heaps of pressure on the defence.

If he isn't up for it slot Hoppa back there - he isn't scared of taking the bomb on.

The short turnaround killed Manly after they only got 12 points from the first half.

Fatigue from the Penrith game, where Manly had no possession after being worked over by the penalty count, told in the 2nd half last night.

In hindsight I'm grateful Manly got the 2 points last Sunday.

Most teams would have not got that win over Penrith, and then would've lost by a lot more than 2 last night.

Tigers' exemption from the forward pass rule last night didn't help though.

Reality check please: we only lost by two points! Against a team desperate for a win.
Big deal. The important matches don't start for a few weeks yet.

Blind Freddy? I thought you were referring to the ref. (Though I was pleased to hear Des say the forward pass wasn't why we lost.)

Jerry1 said:
Yeah - we should have been 24 ahead at half time. Second half was shocking - looked like they had all taken a few Valiums & were putting the feet up.

Another annoying thing - why are we not contesting the bomb. Stewart letting it bounce all the time is disastrous for field position & puts heaps of pressure on the defence.

If he isn't up for it slot Hoppa back there - he isn't scared of taking the bomb on.
I think the state of his hamstrings might have something to do with whether Stewart contests the bombs or not. A potential weakness which so far hasn't been too costly.

Schooner said:
Blind Freddy was running the line............

He wasnt only running the line mate he was running the whole show , knock ons, forward passes and all.

I just cant believe how for atleast 10 minutes in that 2nd half we couldnt hold them in a tackle each time their ball runner had the ball he would get out of 3 tackles before finally we nailed him & that happend everytime they had the ball in that 10 minute period.. Does anyone know the actually possession percentage in that 2nd half ???
I swear we only had about 25%.. & if thats all they could do with 75% possession & the refs help, is beat us by 2points im not worried YET!!!!!!!!!!!!.. But its got me thinking ..
Another thing i dnt get is when Benji threw that pass that went forward & Lyon knocked it on while it was floating in the air, does that mean you can throw forward passes deliberately at defending players hands,elbows & or arms so it gets ruled knock against them?? because im fukn puzzled on that call.....

The Who said:
Reality check please: we only lost by two points! Against a team desperate for a win.

Here's a reality check for you, I know I'm repeating myself, but of our five losses we have lost to Scum, Nth Qld, St Merge & Tigpies and we beat the donkeys with no Lockyer. So we have lost to 4 of the 5 other contenders and only beat the one when they had their best payer out.

That's reality.

Ralphie said:
The Who said:

Here's a reality check for you, I know I'm repeating myself, but of our five losses we have lost to Scum, Nth Qld, St Merge & Tigpies and we beat the donkeys with no Lockyer. So we have lost to 4 of the 5 other contenders and only beat the one when they had their best payer out.

That's reality.

Out of those 4 losses 3 were due to referee`s or officialdom s mistakes,
Storm beat us legitimately.. it`s just the way the ball bounces..

jjai said:
Ralphie said:
The Who said:

That's reality.

Out of those 4 losses 3 were due to referee`s or officialdom s mistakes,
Storm beat us legitimately.. it`s just the way the ball bounces..

One thing about we Manly supporters is that we are very good at making excuses for our team so we can remain optimistic rather than face reality.

We will know the truth in round 25 & 26, although I'm sure there will be legitimate excuses should we lose those too.

The Eagle said:
Don't feed the tiger troll

Whose the Tiger troll, if you are suggesting it's me you are sadly mistaken. Manly born & bred, fan for 48 years, season ticket holder for a decade and proud member of the 2009 World Club Challenge Tour.

I'm just calling it as I see it.

Your making out that the refs were great and the tigpies deserved to win, face it we were tired from a short turn around and apart from a few bad choices that game was over with yet another two points in the bag, its an aberration no reason to quite just so fast

That was definately a loss that came from the short turnaround. Manly played in the second half like they were very very tired. Combine that with a period of 100% possession to the Tigers and you saw the result.

Look at St George today, the played on short turnaround too, and I reckon they look soft after the first 20 minutes. They, like Manly were no longer bustling in defense, and were just holding Souths out.

It was very nice to see, and makes me content that the loss was not a result of loss of form or confidence. Manly will not play on short rest in the semis so they will be fine.

The other factor is that referees this year do not give those impatience penalties in the ruck anymore, what I mean by that is, in the past, when a player was in the ruck trying to get away, the referee gave a penalty to the team in possession even if it was not that players fault. Now, they use more common sense. This means that games have less penalties and stoppages and are even faster and more intense - hence short rest teams can really blow in the second half.

I'd like to see the Tigs now back up and waste St George next week too. Hate both teams, but in reality its Saints that are the bigger threat when the games get serious. Manly would easily hold the tigs on normal rest, but not sure about St george yet.

NYEagle

The Eagle said:
Your making out that the refs were great and the tigpies deserved to win, face it we were tired from a short turn around and apart from a few bad choices that game was over with yet another two points in the bag, its an aberration no reason to quite just so fast

Show me one word I said that suggests the refs were great. The referees were rubbish, they have been all season, but they have been rubbish for most teams, not just us.

I'm sick of people on this forum putting sh1t on other forum posters because they don't agree with them. to accuse me of being troll is demonstrating your utter inability to engage in a sensible debate, perhaps you would be better served on the Souffs forum where blind optimism is all they have.

I'm not going to blindly say my team is going gang busters when we simply aren't. We may well be still in 2nd place, we may well have won the vast majority of our recent games and we may well lift for the finals, but I won't accept that we are in great form and out of luck, which is what you and other seem to be inferring. We have serious deficiencies in our game, particularly our attack, that won't be fixed overnight.

So you try to argue then tell me to switch teams? You lose on such garbage

I will never switch nor count us out, when we died I stopped watching altogether, when we were reborn I came straight back no questions asked

Now back to it, melbourne will make the grand final and we will greet them there, this time it will be around 24-6, we may be mid flat spot at this time however this year has been pretty ****e as far as game quality goes and I believe we are as good as any other team but with more heart, this year can be manly's year,i **** you not

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7