Blake Austin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He will be handy as a turnstile for the home matches.

Almost misses as many tackles as Maloney, Cartwright or Api.

Since Blake Austin turned down the Parra offer, The squeels have decided to aim for Brock Lamb at the knights.
Since we've been linked to Lamb and every other half so far this year, does anybody have more insight into the Eels halves troubles?
Other than Mitch Moses annoying Corey at training and over calling him in matches, I'm intrigued to know why Parra has sided with Moses instead of Norman. Anyone got the scoop? Where's everyone thinks Norman will end up too?

ince Blake Austin turned down the Parra offer, The squeels have decided to aim for Brock Lamb at the knights.
Since we've been linked to Lamb and every other half so far this year, does anybody have more insight into the Eels halves troubles?
Other than Mitch Moses annoying Corey at training and over calling him in matches, I'm intrigued to know why Parra has sided with Moses instead of Norman. Anyone got the scoop? Where's everyone thinks Norman will end up too?
A mate of mine at the game last weekend said we were sniffing around Norman and Brice Cartwrong. Apparently we have a yes dickheads policy now. He's mates with Donny Singe who was there for the 40-nil stuff. Not too sure how well connected Donny still is so take it as speculative but plausible, unfortunately.

• 📚
Reactions: R3
A mate of mine at the game last weekend said we were sniffing around Norman and Brice Cartwrong. Apparently we have a yes dickheads policy now. He's mates with Donny Singe who was there for the 40-nil stuff. Not too sure how well connected Donny still is so take it as speculative but plausible, unfortunately.

That’s what desperation does. On football ability alone Norman would be perfect, very similar to Munster and we saw that would be ideal for DCE. But then there is the massive amount of baggage he brings that just screams ‘NO’.

Worst bit about it all is that negative media coverage is 10x worse at Manly and both Corey and Bryce would bring us a lot more unwanted attention than they would at their current teams.

Ned, the way it works with players managers these days, given that there are a small number of them, and they each have many clients, .... if one of them comes to you and says they can get you Foran on a 10 year, $20mil deal .... you reply, that's great, let me think about it ......

You don't want to upset them ..... I would say that Manly, and every other club .... looks at every player, every time ..... and that would include Norman ... because next time they may have someone you really want ...

.... but unless the tits are prepared to fund about $600k of Cartwright's yearly contract ..... then it won't happen ....

... but unless the tits are prepared to fund about $600k of Cartwright's yearly contract ..... then it won't happen ....
Yeah, I understand that woodsie. What was being bandied about is Cartwright on a minimum contract (but if that's only for the first year there's huge risk in even that), same with Norman. And like I said, speculative, but with his uncle here who can allegedly 'get the best out of him' I still think that there is belief that we can get him playing well again. I don't share that belief but I think it's more than likely people at the club do.

We have cap issues and are looking for bargains in the $2 basket case bin is what I reckon.

Yeah, I understand that woodsie. What was being bandied about is Cartwright on a minimum contract (but if that's only for the first year there's huge risk in even that), same with Norman. And like I said, speculative, but with his uncle here who can allegedly 'get the best out of him' I still think that there is belief that we can get him playing well again. I don't share that belief but I think it's more than likely people at the club do.

We have cap issues and are looking for bargains in the $2 basket case bin is what I reckon.

Interesting .... agree with your assessment .... Cartwright on a min is a risk worth taking, but even if successful, the jump to $800k in 2020 would be a deal breaker for me ....

... Norman is just a no for mine ....

He will be handy as a turnstile for the home matches.

Almost misses as many tackles as Maloney, Cartwright or Api.
No way APIs defence should be equated with that lot !
He would more then likely be voted best defender by the team.
I personally think he should be saving more energy for our offence ...simply doesn't run enough.
Should play more like CS.

No way APIs defence should be equated with that lot !
He would more then likely be voted best defender by the team.
I personally think he should be saving more energy for our offence ...simply doesn't run enough.
Should play more like CS.
Well if you go on missed tackles Bob is right - he misses a lot of them; however, he also makes a lot. It is still an area to work on and I believe the major contributing factor is that he tires out (as would be expected with his workload). He is best on the park for 60 minutes with a spell on the bench for someone like Fainu to come on. Having said that, Api's value will be higher than what he originally signed for (which is an issue with our cap penalties), and I believe young Fainu will prove a better player in time, so it will be interesting to see what they do with Api.

We most certainly should have at least one eye on doing this

. It's not the cap reduction, which is only 330k, our inability to raise huge TPA numbers is what leaves us 1M+ behind the clubs that will be winning the comp in the future.

Huge difference between say a 9.6M and a 10.5M+ war chest.

We most certainly should have at least one eye on doing this

. It's not the cap reduction, which is only 330k, our inability to raise huge TPA numbers is what leaves us 1M+ behind the clubs that will be winning the comp in the future.

Huge difference between say a 9.6M and a 10.5M+ war chest.
Oh totally, desperate time and all, but it seems we are going with the 'one mans trash is another mans treasure' approach, but another timely saying 'you get what you pay for' still is worth remembering.

Well if you go on missed tackles Bob is right - he misses a lot of them; however, he also makes a lot. It is still an area to work on and I believe the major contributing factor is that he tires out (as would be expected with his workload). He is best on the park for 60 minutes with a spell on the bench for someone like Fainu to come on. Having said that, Api's value will be higher than what he originally signed for (which is an issue with our cap penalties), and I believe young Fainu will prove a better player in time, so it will be interesting to see what they do with Api.
No disrespect but I think Bobs being a little pedantic ..
Try telling Jake Api can't tackle ..he be out flat on the ground :fearscream:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8