Blake Austin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Did anyone here about what Blake Austin did?

He was on his way to the Canberra game on the weekend and saw a disabled Canberra fan is a wheelchair freezing waiting in a bus shelter for a bus to get to the game. So what did he do he gave her a lift! What a great bloke!

I think it would take a lot to get him away from Canberra. From all reports he and his family are very happy there.

Yes I had a ironic laugh at Billy's nicely spun story in todays paper. Absolute grub on the field, all round good guy off it. Hard to criticise the sentiment behind his actions, but the old cynic in me wonders why he needs to "hashtag" it.

Yes I had a ironic laugh at Billy's nicely spun story in todays paper. Absolute grub on the field, all round good guy off it. Hard to criticise the sentiment behind his actions, but the old cynic in me wonders why he needs to "hashtag" it.

He's only " good off the field " when there's a photo opportunity, otherwise a grub on AND off !!

Top class effort from Austin, didn't need to take a photo and champion himself about it like Slater did either
Just going about his business and not wanting to be the hero. That's what I like. With all the sheet these guys get acussed of when you here stories like this everyone should be reporting on it.

#itstrendytohashtag :p

I agree with all the sentiment shown here towards B Austin but how did the supporter get home or are they still at Bruce freezing their "you know whats" off waiting for the return trip?

I struggle to get over that hair cut but yeah he seems like a decent bloke and a pretty handy footballer. Would look good in maroon and white.

really? ... do people really worry about haircuts ... still! ... my mother uesd to tell me to get mine cut back in the sixties .... don't worry it will eventually fall out like mine has .... now where were we ? :emo:

Whenever He doesn't play or plays a Thursday or Friday night game,he always comes back up here as much as he can and always watches his junior club play,just blends in with all the crowd,doesn't big note himself

Ch9 did a story on Blake a few years ago when he was playing NSW Cup for Penrith. He was coaching some young guys from his local area to get them off the streets and funding it out of his own pocket.

Yes, that's true. Everything about the bloke is good. I read this article about him at the start of the year. Seems a level headed top Aussie!

RAIDERS star Blake Austin has revealed how winning a Footy Show competition helped his family out of housing commission when he was a youngster.

Austin grew up living in housing commission residences in the western Sydney suburb of Doonside.

His parents were unable to afford a deposit on their own house, until their nine-year-old son discovered a pot of gold.

Austin won Channel Nine’s The Footy Show segment “league of their own”, for which the prize was a brand new Holden Jackaroo.

This stroke of luck led to his family buying their first home.

“We lived in housing commission until I was 12,” Austin told The Locker Room podcast.

“I didn’t have a rough upbringing. I had great parents. They didn’t have much money but no money was spared for sport.

“I actually won a car on The Footy Show at nine (years old).

“It was a Holden Jackaroo and mum and dad sold that and we got out of housing commission and they bought a house in Mount Druitt.

“Mum and dad would never have come across the cash for a house deposit — (selling the car) that allowed us (to buy a house).

“It definitely wasn’t a flash house in Mount Druitt but being Aussie parents it was definitely one of their goals to own a house and we were able to do that.”

Austin has never forgotten his Doonside roots, and continues to work with junior rugby league players from the area.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...d/news-story/037d76fb1d60099a0033b080482d2753

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6