Blair apology

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
What a germ. Looks good for Glenn though

cant post the link. Not allowed because im the new guy in town...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/adam-blair-remorseful-over-brawl-blow-up/story-e6frexnr-1226123944692
I heard he left the ground before full time.

from nrl.com

Melbourne forward Adam Blair has apologised for his role in Friday night's all-in brawl at Brookvale Oval that threatens to rub him and several others out for the rest of the NRL season.

Blair and Manly backrower Glenn Stewart are likely to have their cases referred straight to Wednesday night's sitting of the NRL judiciary.

The instigated sparked a brawl which attracted every player on the field and some sitting on the Storm interchange bench.

In a statement released on Sunday night, Storm officials claimed their players left the bench because they feared for Blair's safety after several Manly players swamped him.

The Kiwi international was at a loss to explain why he continued his battle with Stewart after the pair had been sin-binned.

"I would like to apologise to everyone for the incident with Glenn on Friday night," Blair said ahead of Monday's sitting of the match review committee.

"I'm extremely disappointed to be involved in such an incident that does not put the game I love in a positive light, especially (for) my family, friends and all rugby league supporters.

"Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if I had my time again I would have done things differently.

"It was a spur of the moment reaction, that was not planned and to be honest it happened that quickly I still don't really know why it occurred."

Storm chief executive Ron Gauci said he had interviewed his players involved as part of the club's internal review of the fight.

While Blair is in danger of a lengthy ban, so too are those who left the bench to join in, including Sisa Waqa and Jaiman Lowe.

"Anyone who has seen the incident from Friday night would agree it was unfortunate and extremely difficult for everyone involved, especially Adam's teammates nearby," Gauci said.

"Whilst the (interchange) players accept that entering the altercation was improper, they felt that the need to preserve the safety of their teammate was paramount.

"The players have assured me that their intention was never to further inflame the situation."

The match review committee will hand down its findings on Monday, though the NRL is also likely to fine both clubs over the incident.

It was all Manly's fault. Pussy Williams inflamed the situation by deliberately breaking his nexk after a minor twisting tackle by the good guys. The lout Lussick slammed his head into an elbow in what can only be described as a sickening attack. Professor Blair lost his glasses due to the impact of the thuggish Sea Eagle onslaught and it was all we could do to save his library books. The Children's Hospital is concerned that Saint Adam may not be available to play next week.

The spin commences. I can only assume that this comes from a News Ltd publication somewhere.

Honestly Blair's "apology" sounds like it was written by his lawyer with the object of minimising his sentence at the judiciary this week

He doesn't say "aw shucks I'm sorry I ran up to Glenn and taunted him about his brother's court case" or take any real responsibility for other specific actions like "I'm sorry I threw 4 uppercuts when the bloke was held which then inflamed the fight" etc etc

"He is at at a loss to explain" is correct wording in the article because Blair doesn't try to explain - he only soft peddles in laywer-speak

yeah they couldnt have worded it any better as far as covering his arse. At least the dirty prick is sorry for something. Still cant believe rothfield and others are calling stewart a grub for walking off slowly. if blair didnt want to make a scene why jog. simple.

Just out of interest, how do other posters on here know what was said between Glenn and Blair. Was someone from here within earshot of the two as they left the field, did Glenn comment at some stage or are people just speculating about their words? If Blair went that low then he is a dog. If we are only guessing he said that, then what does that make us??

mozgrame said:
Just out of interest, how do other posters on here know what was said between Glenn and Blair. Was someone from here within earshot of the two as they left the field, did Glenn comment at some stage or are people just speculating about their words? If Blair went that low then he is a dog. If we are only guessing he said that, then what does that make us??

The power of deduction (and lip reading).

And amateur psychology.

:sleepy:

cause he is going to apologise,it was orchestrated,read it again,see if Glenn doesn't do the same,everyone will go,good on Blair ,at least he is sorry,propaganda bulls...t

Where is the apology from the dog for punching Lussick while he is being held by 3 players?

Glenn's apology is on the record now as well.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/glenn-stewart-adam-blair-show-their-remorse/story-e6frexnr-1226124033962?from=public_js

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7