Bigger not necessarily better

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Do you think the State Government, and the NRL, noticed that this round the ground that held the largest number of seats - ANZ Stadium - attracted the lowest crowd? Just 11,450 attended the Dogs V Titans match.
The State Government is throwing $600-M at this venue, and a paltry $10-M for Brookie. Leichhardt Oval and Shark Park are not getting anything. It's madness.
Those three suburban grounds should be given a decent slice of taxpayers money because rugby league supporters want to watch their local teams at local venues.

Their logic is that the 3 super stadiums will enable them to bring International Sports to Sydney.

Broadcaster also want a set-and-leave option for all their cameras as the cabling/lighting etc costs are prohibitive at Council owned grounds.

Rugby League Supporters are not their priority.

Their logic is that the 3 super stadiums will enable them to bring International Sports to Sydney.

Broadcaster also want a set-and-leave option for all their cameras as the cabling/lighting etc costs are prohibitive at Council owned grounds.

Rugby League Supporters are not their priority.
You are right, of course.
VALE Rugby League.

Hmmm great thread @thewho.

It makes no real sense to throw so much money into ANZ, when you look at it from a Rugby League fans point of view.

We have far too many politicians, business people more concerned with money than sense, more concerned with money than what is best for the people. This thinking will bite them in the ass one day as more and more people wake up and no longer vote them in, buy their products etc.

On top of the fact that the playing surfaces just cannot cope with multiple games played on the ever single weekend. ANZ looks like a cow paddock at the best of times, can you imagine playing a game of league or soccer after a bunch of union tractors have churned it up. Ayres is an idiot

They are so damn far out of touch. They've got literally no clue whatsoever as to what the people/customers/peasants actually want..

Do you think the State Government, and the NRL, noticed that this round the ground that held the largest number of seats - ANZ Stadium - attracted the lowest crowd? Just 11,450 attended the Dogs V Titans match.
The State Government is throwing $600-M at this venue, and a paltry $10-M for Brookie. Leichhardt Oval and Shark Park are not getting anything. It's madness.
Those three suburban grounds should be given a decent slice of taxpayers money because rugby league supporters want to watch their local teams at local venues.
My issue is I don't want to go to Homebush.
The area still looks like a post-apocalyptic (or read: post-olympic) wasteland and who wants to go to Homebush anyway?.
NYEagle

My issue is I don't want to go to Homebush.
The area still looks like a post-apocalyptic (or read: post-olympic) wasteland and who wants to go to Homebush anyway?.
NYEagle
It's an Elvis Costello song "I don't want to go to homebush"

The state government want to upgrade the stadium as it stands its supposed to be Australia 's premier sporting and entertainment ground but it was purpose built for the Olympics and as it stands isn't that great for watching nrl, rugby soccer concerts etc. Its dated no atmosphere you sit too far back from the ground etc etc. I think the reasoning is to bring it back as Australia's premier sporting and entertainment venue.

Im just glad brookie got some of the available funds. We desperately need it and more. We deserve a new grandstand and updated facilities

The state government want to upgrade the stadium as it stands its supposed to be Australia 's premier sporting and entertainment ground but it was purpose built for the Olympics and as it stands isn't that great for watching nrl, rugby soccer concerts etc. Its dated no atmosphere you sit too far back from the ground etc etc. I think the reasoning is to bring it back as Australia's premier sporting and entertainment venue.

Im just glad brookie got some of the available funds. We desperately need it and more. We deserve a new grandstand and updated facilities
I can understand the money being spent on the Olympic Stadium because it needs to be converted into a stadium with a rectangular pitch but not the complete rebuild of Parra stadium. That money should have been shared around the suburban grounds that are used more than 6 times per year. Should Leichhardt Oval get funding - no because the Tigers hardly play there. The same goes for Campbelltown, WIN & Kogarah. Brookie - yes, Shark Park - yes, Riff Park - yes, Parra Stadium - yes.

Reminds me of the Titans arrogance and lack of respect for the average punter in regards to what they want from the time they started and nothing has changed.(building their million dollar training facility and clubhouse a good 30-40minutes away from the ground) when there is miles of vacant land around the stadium! Every man and his dog knew they needed to build a car park...but no....everyone will be on public transport...result=fkn nightmare if you've got kids and you don't mind being herded into a cattle yard then squashed sardine like into a bus, so Ikmal can show off his prowess at slamming the brakes on at every roundabout regardless of any other traffic, and watch all the standing sardines skittled like nine pins all over each other! (I ain't making this shiit up...don't start me on the bloke that sprayed spew over a dozen people in the bus, because Ikmal's cousin treated the roundabouts as chicanes!)
I think I may have got a bit off topic here. But the gutz of it is no they don't listen to the average Joe and it pisses me off, because I've seen it happen (see above rant) too many times. In the end it's average Joe that suffers. You know the sort of person who makes up these fkd up ideas? The same cockhead that came up with the idea of that KFC black bun with chicken on it! FMD, really...who let that thru...give me strength....
Where's the Valium...:drunk:

I can understand the money being spent on the Olympic Stadium because it needs to be converted into a stadium with a rectangular pitch but not the complete rebuild of Parra stadium. That money should have been shared around the suburban grounds that are used more than 6 times per year. Should Leichhardt Oval get funding - no because the Tigers hardly play there. The same goes for Campbelltown, WIN & Kogarah. Brookie - yes, Shark Park - yes, Riff Park - yes, Parra Stadium - yes.

The Parra re-build is driven by the Wanderers. Way under capacity for them as they have had to cap their memberships due unavailable seating. Also requirements for AFC champion league stadium requirements apparently. Sucks royal but that is the adavantage of having stadiums that are used for multiple events... Easier to justify spending the $$$.

The Parra re-build is driven by the Wanderers. Way under capacity for them as they have had to cap their memberships due unavailable seating. Also requirements for AFC champion league stadium requirements apparently. Sucks royal but that is the adavantage of having stadiums that are used for multiple events... Easier to justify spending the $$$.
$300m for 8,000 extra seats? I get that WSW use the ground as well but why couldn't they rebuild just part of the stadium to expand capacity?

That was the original plan. Fitzgerald had lined up a considerable sum (on his way out the door) for that purpose. About $26 million from memory.

I can understand the money going into ANZ to turn it into a rectangular ground. It will fix the ridiculous situation where the crowd sit in another postcode.

But knocking over Slime Park ? WTF for ? If the Western Sydney Wankerers want a new ground, they can move to ANZ. They won't go close to filling it except when they play Sydney FC.

Brookvale should get a bigger slice because it is the permanent home ground of the only team on the north side and the other regions have at least one other decent modern ground. I'll settle for a ground similar to the current Parramatta Stadium that holds 25000.

Reminds me of the Titans arrogance and lack of respect for the average punter in regards to what they want from the time they started and nothing has changed.(building their million dollar training facility and clubhouse a good 30-40minutes away from the ground) when there is miles of vacant land around the stadium! Every man and his dog knew they needed to build a car park...but no....everyone will be on public transport...result=fkn nightmare if you've got kids and you don't mind being herded into a cattle yard then squashed sardine like into a bus, so Ikmal can show off his prowess at slamming the brakes on at every roundabout regardless of any other traffic, and watch all the standing sardines skittled like nine pins all over each other! (I ain't making this shiit up...don't start me on the bloke that sprayed spew over a dozen people in the bus, because Ikmal's cousin treated the roundabouts as chicanes!)
I think I may have got a bit off topic here. But the gutz of it is no they don't listen to the average Joe and it pisses me off, because I've seen it happen (see above rant) too many times. In the end it's average Joe that suffers. You know the sort of person who makes up these fkd up ideas? The same cockhead that came up with the idea of that KFC black bun with chicken on it! FMD, really...who let that thru...give me strength....
Where's the Valium...:drunk:
Brilliant rant, honestly gotta agree 100%.
Couldn't help but laugh as i understand your fustration and agree 100% that is now 200% ,u nailed it!! Especially the part about the KFC bun, truely that looks ****e with all the marketing guru's and endless available funds u gotta wonder who the fck is responsible for that!

$300m for 8,000 extra seats? I get that WSW use the ground as well but why couldn't they rebuild just part of the stadium to expand capacity?

I agree that it sucks and puts into perspective at how little the potential money we might get will go..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6