Big worry about star Manly Toyota Cup player

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Hi, I have heard that dynamic front rower Lama Tasi has signed for the Roosters. I have read this elsewhere, gee I hope it ain't true, absolute gun front rower with stack of potential!! I am hoping it ain't true!! I think Tasi has more potential than Hargreaves!!

ha ha, very true, but Tasi has been a standout in toyota cup, big frame, mobile, he has the lot, awesome to see him in nrl squad around kingy, kitey etc. Hope we are not becoming the feeder club for the Roosters!!

Darren link said:
Hi, I have heard that dynamic front rower Lama Tasi has signed for the Roosters. I have read this elsewhere, gee I hope it ain't true, absolute gun front rower with stack of potential!! I am hoping it ain't true!! I think Tasi has more potential than Hargreaves!!

It is no rumour it is confirmed that Lama has signed with the Roosters.

As I said, there are a lot of unhappy campers in our squad at present due to poor communication, limited opportunity & other things I won't mention. I remember getting howled down here for suggesting Tasi was actually peeing off.

Interesting that some things come to fruition eh. I also mentioned that a few unsigned 1st graders are seeking alternate options...and again....watch this space...and no, I'm NOT just talking Matai.

We are really struggling in the board room. REALLY struggling. Thankfully, at least this year, most of it is being hidden.

Ryan link said:
As I said, there are a lot of unhappy campers in our squad at present due to poor communication, limited opportunity & other things I won't mention. I remember getting howled down here for suggesting Tasi was actually peeing off.

Interesting that some things come to fruition eh. I also mentioned that a few unsigned 1st graders are seeking alternate options...and again....watch this space...and no, I'm NOT just talking Matai.

We are really struggling in the board room. REALLY struggling. Thankfully, at least this year, most of it is being hidden.

Not good.  But I do not understand the lack of opportunity, who is demanding to be given a run?

Put it this way, when guys like Bailey get a run in 1st grade (this is my opinion only), every week regardless of performance, anybody would get the ****s languishing in QLD or NYC.

This is the reality of the salary cap. You win a comp, have plenty of rep players and you have to top up their payments. That means the fringe players and up and comers can't be paid what other clubs might like to offer. This is sad, if true, but life will go on. I hate seeing good young players go to the Rorters but we can't play overs to keep them all.

JWH was supposed to be the next SBW and now the roosters think Tasi is the next SBW. Having said that SBW was never the best player in the NRL, he spent more time off the field than on it. SBW is an over-rated, money hungry grub, who never achieved much in the NRL.

JWH was overrated. I rarely saw him do anything for us and have rarely seen him do anything for the roosters, and his injury record is just not worth the money you pay him, good enough kid with some obvious talent but he probably should have stuck with golf.

As for Tasi, I don't think he is the same, he actually might be something more

Ryan link said:
Put it this way, when guys like Bailey get a run in 1st grade (this is my opinion only), every week regardless of performance, anybody would get the S**ts languishing in QLD or NYC.

So people are upset based on limited opportunity based on your opinion?  I thought that comment was based on some inside knowledge.

But are these pissed off players demanding to be picked based on their performances?  I would think not.  Des is often given sh!t for not giving young guys ago but I think he gets it right most of the time.  We have had a couple of debutants in the last 2 seasons, dont want many more that that.  However if they were ready I think Des would pick them.  He picked Foran at 18. 

If we dropped players like some on here suggest after a loss and went with new comers we would be alot worse off regarding our ladder position.  Although I completely agree with Bailey, when we are at full strength he is not in my 17.  But at the moment I guess he should be as he is probably the best option. 

Dan link said:
JWH was overrated. I rarely saw him do anything for us and have rarely seen him do anything for the roosters, and his injury record is just not worth the money you pay him, good enough kid with some obvious talent but he probably should have stuck with golf.

As for Tasi, I don't think he is the same, he actually might be something more

SBW achieved nothing much in the NRL so anyone compared to him don't amout to much. I've heard wraps on Tasi aswell but I think our coaching staff have a pretty good record at keeping players they think will make the grade.

Just a few examples Groom, Burns haven't done much since leaving niether has JWH. I always thought he was over-rated.

Anyone remember Karl Filiga who was contracted to the sharks a few years ago on 350k per season at the age of 19, supposed to be the next SBW but only got a run ot 2 in the top grade and was released and in now playing for wentworthville.

We have enough props and Des has bought cheap fringe 1st graders and turned them into genuine 1st graders i.e Bryant, Rose, Cross and so on.

What we need is backs especially if Mattai leaves.

The only person i hear who keeps going on and on and on about JWH and this world class upcoming superstar sensation is Phil Gould.

I wonder why?

Dont let 1 player loss get to you. Manly over the last half decade seem to keep pulling diamonds from the rough. Remember it was ment to be the end of the world when we lost that young halfback to the bulldogs.

Cant even remember his name now thats how important it ended up being.

I am sure the same was said about Foran and Hodkinson being unhappy in the past. Funny that recently I have read articles about how happy they are at Manly.

Flip link said:
The only person i hear who keeps going on and on and on about JWH and this world class upcoming superstar sensation is Phil Gould.

I wonder why?

Because Gould is very close to the Roosters and Politis and probably still has an unofficial role there.

Roosters will need a squad of a 100 by the time the media are done saying who they have signed. Dugan, Foran etc are signed, sealed and delivered as well if we believe all that we read

Politis wouldn't know what a salary cap looked like so no surprise they are linked with just about every player on the market. 

The problem is name one player in recent years who has improved while playing there?  they are a football career graveyard and always will be.  the famous transit lounge with Mr family friendly sms Smith as their coach. 

Wait until one of their players has a personal problem and wants to sit out a game.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6