[Resurrected] Big news over here: (Manu Vatuvei)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In the 70's .. One way of obtaining a Real Estate Agents License was a two year course held at Sydney University in the evenings .... and fairly involved ... heavy on torts, Ethics and the law ....The Real Estate Salesman Lic'n was a seperate lesser course, but still requiring study .... now I think it is just a matter of collecting breakfast cereal vouchers ...
The NSW Government made major changes across NSW tenancy legislation in 2020 and also major reforms around Real Estate agent license requirements and CPD training. (there was always CPD requirements however now there is more direction on the requirement of compulsory and elective topics).

There are now requirements for agents to be licensed at either class 1 or class 2 to either enter into sales agreements or managing agency agreements (Landlord agreements in other words). There is now a new term used for certificate holders which is below licensed agents and they are now called assistant agents and cannot sign the above agreements.

CPD points are all commonly renewed each year now (23/3) with compulsory topics and elective topics as well. The CPD training is at least 6 hours per year for Class 2 agents and 9 hours per year for Class 1 Agents. Class 2 agents who want to become class one agents (Class one agents are licensee agents who run the office or able to be one) need to complete two years on the job experience which is something that was yes required 20 years ago when I became a licensed agent.

These reforms are great for the industry and the licenses do cost each agent at least $400 per year to hold and will raise standards in the industry.

Last edited:
Sad to see this, he was such a great player.

Former NRL star Manu Vatuvei has admitted to importing drugs in a New Zealand court.

The Warriors icon was charged in December 2019 with possessing methamphetamine for supply and importing the Class A drug. He previously denied any involvement and earlier this year said he would “fight for his innocence” after outing himself as the sportsman behind the charges.

On Wednesday, Vatuvei appeared at Auckland’s Manukau District Court where he admitted a representative charge of importing methamphetamine. The remaining charges will be withdrawn.

Vatuvei was set to start trial on October 4, alongside his brother Lopini Mafi, and another man for a methamphetamine sting back in 2019.

Mafi admitted the charges last month while the other man is still set to go to trial.

Crown prosecutor Jessica Pridgeon opposed bail for Vatuvei.

Judge Jonathan Moses convicted Vatuvei of the charges and granted his application for bail on a curfew, until sentencing in December alongside his brother.

Judge Moses said granting Vatuvei bail was no indication of the sentence he would impose.

Vatuvei was once the pride of New Zealand rugby league, playing 226 games for the Warriors, 29 Tests for the Kiwis and two more for Tonga.

His bid for name suppression was rejected in 2020 and later at New Zealand’s High Court in April. Both times name suppression was opposed by Stuff.co.nz.

The 35-year-old retired due to injury in 2017, after a career spanning more than 13 years.

What a bloody greedy prick. Would have made good money out of his career and should be set for life. I hope he gets life, no excuse for that type of ****.

What a bloody greedy prick. Would have made good money out of his career and should be set for life. I hope he gets life, no excuse for that type of ****.
Let's wait and get the full story. Yes its highly unusual to get bail after being convicted of importation, but do you know what quantity? Or what his role was?

As for greedy, yep it's pretty much tax free if you get away with it (which he didn't) but hardly on a level of greed compared with the stars of the Pandora Papers, who are so disgustingly rich they can probably steal money legally.

I'm sure you are right and he made decent coin during his career but who knows, he may have had 75 destitute relatives to support.

Let's wait and get the full story. Yes its highly unusual to get bail after being convicted of importation, but do you know what quantity? Or what his role was?

As for greedy, yep it's pretty much tax free if you get away with it (which he didn't) but hardly on a level of greed compared with the stars of the Pandora Papers, who are so disgustingly rich they can probably steal money legally.

I'm sure you are right and he made decent coin during his career but who knows, he may have had 75 destitute relatives to support.
I really don’t care what quantity. He has admitted guilt that’s good enough for me.

I can understand your angle and agree that we need the full story but it's easy to forget the amount of lives that are ruined by drugs. When you assist in supply, you assist in the destruction...be it, people overdosing, going insane, stealing off others to support the habit, standing over others that owe money...it's a wide net of destruction that is cast. Any kind of involvement, large or small, is contributing to the stain left on society.

I can understand your angle and agree that we need the full story but it's easy to forget the amount of lives that are ruined by drugs. When you assist in supply, you assist in the destruction...be it, people overdosing, going insane, stealing off others to support the habit, standing over others that owe money...it's a wide net of destruction that is cast. Any kind of involvement, large or small, is contributing to the stain left on society.
It is a huge problem but harsh penalties for suppliers (meaning the ones who get caught) with tough punishments is not a solution, that fact is well- established and rather obvious.
I am not suggesting Vatuvai gets off lightly and I'm sure he won't, but simply pointing out he is a cog in a broken machine.

It is a huge problem but harsh penalties for suppliers (meaning the ones who get caught) with tough punishments is not a solution, that fact is well- established and rather obvious.
I am not suggesting Vatuvai gets off lightly and I'm sure he won't, but simply pointing out he is a cog in a broken machine.
Harsh penalties are a deterrent for lots of people...it’s not always about what it does to those who get caught, more a message of warning to others. Supply of drugs is always going to be a problem but sending a strong ‘no tolerance’ message is one thing that can be done to minimise its impact.

Sometimes I think we ask too much of our institutions...expecting them to fix problems that we create and impose on the system in the first place...the people doing the dealing and the taking are to blame more so than the system.

Harsh penalties are a deterrent for lots of people...it’s not always about what it does to those who get caught, more a message of warning to others. Supply of drugs is always going to be a problem but sending a strong ‘no tolerance’ message is one thing that can be done to minimise its impact.
Really?
So you think the impact has been minimised by the harsh penalties that have been imposed over the past few decades?
I beg to differ.

Really?
So you think the impact has been minimised by the harsh penalties that have been imposed over the past few decades?
I beg to differ.
No tolerance has never ever ever ever worked, in fact in many "Zero tolerance" policies it has shoes to have adverse effects. Punishment should fit the crime, that he could be locked up pretty much for life, whilst we have one of the skaf brothers walking free today is a crime in and of itself

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8