Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Big news over here

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
2018 Tipping Competitor
I won’t be naming names obviously, but from what I have heard, this is going to be huge news when the name comes out as he was a very popular NRL player over the course of his career and it will shock many

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Sad tale, regardless of who it turns out to be.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
They are saying aged in his 30's so not long retired - last 10 years

There's only one name that would truly shock me, the rest ....well anything is possible these days. The amount of ex players (and ex athletes in general across a lot of sports) caught up in the drug trade seems high. That's probably because it gets reported on more often, but still wonder why so many end up down that path

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Speculation only of course but anecdotally players can get into drugs quite easily. Firstly, because they are warned off alcohol, secondly, some are pumped so full of painkillers that this can sometimes lead to dependence. Once you are in a drug-using culture then it is not a big step to get into supply, in fact you may end up with little choice. It is a slippery slope.

Shoe1

They are saying aged in his 30's so not long retired - last 10 years

There's only one name that would truly shock me, the rest ....well anything is possible these days. The amount of ex players (and ex athletes in general across a lot of sports) caught up in the drug trade seems high. That's probably because it gets reported on more often, but still wonder why so many end up down that path
My hunch was wrong in that case

HappilyManly

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Premiership #9 is due!
Premium Member
https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/4hdg8k
Long term problem for the Kiwis.

Manu had a few stints to overcome his issues in the past and we all know how low Fiz was driven by his excess :confused:

Sad to hear that sport is no longer the healthy lifestyle that parents wanted for their kids

47MVEagle

Okay, I'm stumped.

I realise the dangers of mentioning any names but can anyone offer any hints as to who it may be?

I thought perhaps the use of "hunch" earlier may have been a cryptic clue of sorts so was wondering if any recently retired Warriors players had the nickname "Quasimodo"?

Johnno74

Could explain why he signed overseas not NZ,i have a suspicious mind plus other reasons could be ☺

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
2018 Tipping Competitor
No Manly connection at all

If you think Warriors over the last 10-15 years this bloke would be one of the first that springs to mind

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
Premium Member
2017 Tipping Competitor
Okay, I'm stumped.

I realise the dangers of mentioning any names but can anyone offer any hints as to who it may be?

I thought perhaps the use of "hunch" earlier may have been a cryptic clue of sorts so was wondering if any recently retired Warriors players had the nickname "Quasimodo"?
Wasn't he French?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom