Best in the last 50 years ... Fullback ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WHO IS OUR BEST 1970 - 2020 .. FULLBACK ?

• Bob Batty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graham Eadie

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • John Dorahy

• Phil Sigsworth

• Marty Gurr

• Dale Shearer

• Matthew Ridge

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Brett Stewart

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • Will Hopoate

• Tom Turbo

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Yep, one of the commentators said that he had been retired for three years and was coaxed out of retirement to play the one season with Halifax.

On another note, if the St. Helens red vee chevron was any longer and carried on to their shorts, it would look like they are wearing mankinis.
That dominant performance in the cup final was even more remarkable as he came back after 3 years in retirement . Astonishing effort !

I knew it would be close between wombat and snake. I had trouble. 2 of my favorite all time players. I choose snake for his defense organisation and his passing game.

The Silvertail's faithful have spoken ... and the Wombat has held off a spirited attack from the Snake to take his position at fullback ...

Loved Ridgey, 4pts generally became 6 most of the time. Met Wombat at the GC when he was working for Tooheys, hard to imagine him even getting into a trot at that stage!

PS. Wombat is a legend of a bloke, can't speak highly enough of him!

It's a struck match between Wombat and Snake.

Anyone who ever saw Eadie come across in cover and smash some poor mongrel into touch would know what a quality player he was. Or chime into the backline and slice straight through. It was just great to watch.

But Snake was a freak too. Might not have had Eadie's frame but I'm pretty sure he has him covered for pace.

I'd be happy with either. But I'm going with Snake in a photo. And an honourable mention to Ridge. He was bloody tough and what I wouldn't give for someone who can kick goals like him in 2021. He's closer in ability to Eadie and Stewart than many give him credit for. Bloody great player.
No reason for me to post now that you have expressed my view so well.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7