Best half-back in Oz gets 8 minutes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
DCE may be the best half in Oz but the Aust coach hardly gives him the opportunity to shine.

So Cooper Cronk is the incumbent half but the supposed 'best' half cannot showcase his wares due to the coach's choice.

Poor form, Tim Sheens.

I think it is great and bodes well for Manly this year. Let's wear out all those opposition players in meaningless test matches.
Daly is all class and is the best halfback in the game, but let's keep him on ice this year and focus on a Manly premiership in 2014.
Go Manly!!

Took note that he didn't have any strapping on his knee like previous weeks. Saved his energy for the purple scummers next week.

DCE is wasted in that team. Smith, Cronk & Thurston will always play 80 unless injured.

How many minutes is he supposed to play?
He's a halfback ffs and you don't sub halfbacks unless they're injured.
His selection is purely a reward for his form.
Most would be whinging if he wasn't in the 17 so it's a no-win for the selectors and coach.
I'm sure he'd rather get 8 minutes knowing he's ready to go than miss out because they want 4 forwards on the bench!

I'm not surprised; has happened before.
Barring injury Sheens uses his bench sparingly, as is the trend with some current coaches.
Gillett didn't get long minutes either.

Daly will succeed over Cronk soon enough, have the test 7 spot for years to come, and may well captain Australia as touted.

For now, I'm another that is pleased he has more important work to do at Manly.

Good for his character as last week he had the whole fame to himself, along with all the headlines.

Watch him show Cronk up next Saturday :D

What made me laugh. He gives the best halfback in the world 8 minutes to play hooker/dummy half, in doing so moves the best hooker on the planet to first receiver.

Lolololololol

Sheens is a douche

B Morris
Inglis
Gallen
Smith
Thurston
Bird
Myles
DCE

They're the only ones who should be there on reputation, why? Because they are IN FORM. Sheens has to go.

HappilyManly said:
Good for his character as last week he had the whole fame to himself, along with all the headlines.

Watch him show Cronk up next Saturday :D

I really hope he does too.
With our injuries and travelling down there, this will be a real test for us.

The Scum always lift against us; and will be switched on after successive losses.

This is a real opportunity for Chez to show his class and leadership qualities ( esp if Killer's not there).

According to this he only played 3 minutes

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/tim-sheens-defends-decision-to-bench-daly-cherryevans-20140503-zr3su.html

Some classic quotes from Supercoach Sheens in there too.

Masked Eagle said:
Still did more than Darius Boyd did last night!

Wouldn't be hard!

Many wingers better than him and he gets an arm chair ride into both Australian and Origin teams.

Hasn't done anything since he left the Bronco's.

silvertail said:
Daly and Keiren will captain their respective countries against each other soon enough.

Will be a proud day for all of us.

How great that would be for our club. Hopefully they are both skippers of their respective nations come the next World Cup --- and are still playing at Manly, of course.

I think its good news for us - the moment DCE gets the regular starting birth for QLD and Australias all the numpties in the press will ramp up their praise of him to even higher levels as THE elite player in the NRL and his price will go up even further and his manager will be out on the hunt again.

At the moment I believe he is the best halfback anyway, but some people will say its still unproven until he gets the starting gig. Long live Cronk and Thurston I say.

HoldenV8 said:
On a positive note, at least we didn't lose DCE to injury last night. Or Peta :)

Famous last words mate...

We're going down faster than Jamal's KFC family-sized bucket!

Well, mebbe not quite THAT fast...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8