Best centre in the NRL era ... is

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GI a freak athlete but I'd rate Killer ahead of him based on his whole career, especially if judging as a centre.
Killer wasn't a fitness fanatic but he had natural pace, I've seen some stuff he did in his early years at the Eels and he was fast. But he simply never had a poor game. I can scarcely remember him missing a tackle (must have happened but darned if I can tremember it)

Yeah okay, I was thinking geniune poached from another nrl team somewhat.
Yes, probably our best ever poached player, esp. given his impact & success over a long period. Other influential poaches would include John O'Neill, Ian Roberts, Terry Hill & Jim Serdaris.

Killer only had one contract so he wins…

I can’t think of another player who would be having an absolute shocker of a game and by full time had made it up in spades and then some. He did this a few times from memory but generally played exceptionally all of the time.

He was immensely talented and humble to boot. Great country lad.

I have to go GI. Killer will go down in the history books as a very under rated player. He was a great. GI biggest wrap is that he embarrassed Killer a couple of times and dominated that period. Personally I think Killer was a great of this game, a much better player than was seen at origin level, a much better player than ratings such as this will suggest. But to be fair to GI, you can only out perform the bloke who turns up on the night. I just don't know where Killer not wanting to play origin after GI took the points a couple of times sits as well. But undoubtedly Killer was a better player than the impression the average punter is left with, I think only a Manly fan appreciate just how great Jamie actually was.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4