Best case scenario for 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Taking into consideration salary cap etc, I will provide a 2011 side that I think may compete for a Premiership - kind of like a wishlist:-

01. Brett Stewart (Bowen's back, so I have faith)
02. Michael Robertson
03. Dean Whare (I love Matai, but the cpas the cap)
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams (He's an international winger, busting to get back)
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King (wow, what a player these days - a true leader)
09. Matt Ballin (will be back bigger and better, challenging Cam Smith)
10. Brent Kite (He has been wonderful this year imo)
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney (a forgotten hero imo, will play city / country)
13. Glenn Stewart (refreshed with Brett back in the team)

14. Will Hopoate (just so he gets blooded throughout the year)
15. George Rose (Hopefully meaner, fitter and keen to impress maybe to play SOO)
16. Matt Cross (I really like Matt Cross - seems to have a lot of passion)
17. Tony Williams (more utility value - anyone see him up the middle against the Cows?) wow.

That means the following players aren't here, or are playing reggies (whatever that may be):-

18. Steve Matai (probably Warriors :( )
19. Josh Perry (St Helens)
20. Joe Galuvao (Retired)
21. Chris Bailey (SCSE)
22. Ben Farrar (Released)
23. Terrence Seu Seu (unsigned)

(That should provide plenty of cap space)

There are a number of players fringeing first grade, and they are:-

24. Lama Tasi (hopefully still here, and hopefully steps up)
25. Daly-Cherry Evans
26. Birrigan Young (I rate VERY highly - plays a very much Ben Kennedy style)
27. Jamie Buhrer (I still think he'll bloom somewhat later ALA Glenn Stewart)
28. Junior Palau (Has to get a shot at some stage - is a good 2nd phase type)
29. Darcy Lussick (Really hope he gets the 1st shot in the event of injury)

With all the players you're jetissoning we'd better not get any injuries or have anyobe called up on rep duty.

There could be a few smokies able to step up too mate - like Sandow, that new half in NYC - seems a bit of a gun. We still have Vic Mauro, Phil Moorwood and co as a worst case, but I think dpeth wise, we are pretty good.

The team I listed covers all positions considerring Williams / Hoppa are on the bench, and Lyon is in the centres. Therefore, regardless of who gets injured, you could always call in a forward (hopefully Tasi :))

Ryan,

Good scenario for 2011 although letting 2 backs go in Matai & Farrar could leave us a bit short with injuries. Not sure about Tasi, has he signed with the Roosters?
Keep up scenario analysis it always good to look forward beyond this year.

I think Guluvau was 2 yrs no?
If you are getting rid of Bailey to SCSE, then you need to retain Farrar for backline utility value.

Good points guys - but I guess salary cap will dictate how much depth we can have. You look at the gun sides. Fully fit, they are loaded with amazing players...but it's these same teams that really struggle for depth....unless your the purple pricks, and you just pay anything for anyone, without consideration for the rules.

And mate - I think you may be right regarding Galuvao.

If rumours are true all our players will have left us come the end of the season as no one is happy at the club  ;)

I like the side Ryan, but it needs Farrar for his utility value and big Joe was signed for 2 years.  He is great value and we know exactly what we are getting with him.  

I think many clubs including our own are waiting to see who is available coming out of Melbourne, if with lose Hogkinson then I am sure Cronk would have to be in the sights. I have watched Sandow play this year (& last year) & do not think he will make it in NRL, along with DCE, but then again who knows!!

You're on drugs if you'd spear Farrar. He's very handy at any position from 1-5. He's great value.

Bradza link said:
[quote author=Duval61 link=topic=183457.msg264663#msg264663 date=1275277083]
Keep up scenario analysis it always good to look forward beyond this year.

..........and there I was thinking it was YART.

[/quote]

Can someone enlighten me on the meaning of YART?

When the site started, Ryan had a fetish with posting his lineups in every single post, so someone labeled them Yet Another Ryan Team

Ryan, you said best case scenario, a best case does not have that many being shown the exit signs !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7