Bennett Quits Knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wayne-bennett-to-quit-as-newcastle-knights-coach-20140710-zt24b.html

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/wayne-bennett-ends-speculation-on-future-by-quitting-as-coach-of-newcastle-knights/story-fni3gf5j-1226983893870

Now you can choose which rubbish paper you can click on.

Just saw it on Fox, too.

Am surprised he's throwing it in.

If he can't see hope in the Noughts next year, not good.

I wonder if Griffin's nervous (up at the Bronx...?)

Very strange, I live in the Hunter Valley, and all the talk has been about how Bennett is really happy with John Quayle getting involved etc etc blah blah blah. And it really sounded like he was setting up here for the next couple of years.

If I was Paul Green or Griffin I'd be nervous. But will he go to the Drags?

Killer03 said:
Very strange, I live in the Hunter Valley, and all the talk has been about how Bennett is really happy with John Quayle getting involved etc etc blah blah blah. And it really sounded like he was setting up here for the next couple of years.

He can go and get F***** as far as i am concerned

Has this lack of success at the Knights broken the Bennett 'crown' of Supercoach?
When he was appointed he was going to win a premiership for Newcastle in a year or two.
Just shows you that even good coaches - as he undoubtedly is - need good players to win.

As clever a coach as he is, you'd think he would have worked it out by now. Darius is the problem that has stifled your career Wayne! You should take out a restraining order against him so he won't follow you, and you won't have to leave your next club.

Maybe he HAS figured it out and signed Darius to an iron clad contract that ensures he can't leave the knights. lol

Killer03 said:

I'm with you Killer. I heard the interview with John Quayle on the weekend and it sounded like it just about a done deal. Really surprised at this.
Bennett to Broncos, in a Phil Gould type role. I'd be very surprised if he went back to Dragons.

It seems to me that Bennett is all about the money. He always talks about "the challenge" but as soon as Tinkler's money dried up he's off, despite expressive dying love for the Hunter region and the club.
Illawarra will need to throw big money at him before he agrees to "take on the challenge". Because the Boncos have unlimited funds I'm backing they will win his services and exploit months of media crap about the "return of the prodigal son".
Frankly, he's old and rich enough to retire. Why not leave an opportunity to an up-and-coming coach like Ricky Stuart!

Is Bennett the worst (most unsuccessful) coach the knights have ever had? Anyone got the stats? Could be a problem for us as Newcastle will be much stronger without the 'supercoach' and Boyd.

The real problem is that Bennett's game hasn't developed. He is still trying the same tricks as 2010 with the Dragons, but the game has finally caught up with it.

The old Brisbane sides possessed unrivalled talent and really played "football", then he went the Dragons who were very hungry and won a lot of matches on sheer will and desire (particularly in defence). But this Newcastle team were never really a "team", just a bunch of mercenaries for hire, who lack the desire to execute such a straight forward game plan that relies on the doing the basics better than the opposition.

I'm hoping Darius Boyd goes to the Dogs ..great to combine the most disliked player playing for the most disliked club.. in my opinion. I have meet Wayne a few times and obviously followed his career. I do overly warm to him but do respect him. For the last year the story goes that he is going back to Broncos as advisory role but suppose that depends on who is coach. It was suppose to be Walters.

bennett has a history of relegating players to reggies if they dont stay on. the knights should have him coaching reserve grade until the end of the year.

I guess he died with the music in him

#vagueauthorreference

edit: music! not nusic. sheesh, glad no one noticed!

Where is all this Bennett was a failure at the Knights chat coming from ?

They were 1 game away from the Grand Final last year

Bennett is the one saying it on Foxsports.

He says 'I've tried for 3 years and failed, so its time for someone else to have a go'.

The fact that his monies were from HSG, who are now defunct, was not raised by any Journo :cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6