Bennett considering Manly coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sources have confirmed that Wayne Bennett is considering Manly as a destination when he next visits Sydney and that he may use Manly coaches as transport.
Sorry just trying my luck if I could get a job as a D.T sports writer/muckraker.

He’d be in the mix, doubtful though!

It’s firming towards Ha$ler I’m thinking.

I’m going to be very torn about that but I guess I’ll have to get over it!

Sources have confirmed that Wayne Bennett is considering Manly as a destination when he next visits Sydney and that he may use Manly coaches as transport.
Sorry just trying my luck if I could get a job as a D.T sports writer/muckraker.
It'll be front and back page tomorrow.
There will be no credit to you or ST of course...

It's going to take time - and success - for me to forgive DESpicable for how he left the club.
There was a question posed a few days ago about whether a player could make a successful return to a club. That question will apply to DESpicable if he comes back. His last season at the Dogs, and his recruitment decisions, were terrible. He's left them with FOURan, who will be lucky to make reserve grade next season, and having to pay the bulk of Woods' contract at the Sharks.
Wayne Bennett's return to the Donkeys was not overly successful considering the roster, TPAs, scheduling, refereeing and NRL favouritism.

It's going to take time - and success - for me to forgive DESpicable for how he left the club.
There was a question posed a few days ago about whether a player could make a successful return to a club. That question will apply to DESpicable if he comes back. His last season at the Dogs, and his recruitment decisions, were terrible. He's left them with FOURan, who will be lucky to make reserve grade next season, and having to pay the bulk of Woods' contract at the Sharks.
Wayne Bennett's return to the Donkeys was not overly successful considering the roster, TPAs, scheduling, refereeing and NRL favouritism.
Far out man... people are hard to please on here. Try thinking about the premierships the man has been directly involved with at the club. Second to Fulton... Bozo came back from Easts to experience more success with us, did he not? There are two sides of the coin in the whole Des departure thing and a whole lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. Who else is there? Who would you have if not Des? The man did very well to get the Dog’s into the two GF he did. He lives in the area, loves the area, is Manly to the core, and will instill discipline and defence. We are passionate and loyal supporters, but FMD, no one sh1ts on their club legends quite like Silvertails... when i think about what we just went through with Trent... Des has me clapping my hands and doing cartwheels down the hallways of my house. Oh... and I will be buying a second membership if Des is appointed coach, so I can drag my wife out to Brookvale and stop her complaining about me being there whenever the boys are playing.

I feel that Des was half-arsed for the last year or so at the Bulldogs. I think, towards the end, he realised himself he didn't 'get the Bulldogs culture' as Terry Lamb said. He is Manly through and through. I hope it is him that coaches us once more as he will have a point to prove and bring back the siege mentality. No Manly coach has done this better than he did from 2003-2011.

Yeah, time to get over it mate. Wasn’t fun at the time but brought us 2 prems and knows the joint inside out and can bring back the culture. Of the alternatives I’ve seen, I would have him back in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
I personally find Hasler rude and obnoxious, however, a very good coach.

Whilst the way he left the club was disheartening, in a large way his hand was forced with KPI's on a man who had a decade of finals and 3 grand finals with 2 of them won under his belt; all from a club that was just about dead in the water when he took charge.

I would accept him back, however, it wont change my opinion of him as a man, first hand experience was fairly average to say the least.

100% agree.

Compared to some other prospects though I am mildly happy with De$.

Forgiven?? Maybe not yet, he totally ruined the 2011 Premiership glow that usually lasts the whole off season.

The thought he was planning his exit and robbing the club of staff and players (I think he only ended up with TRex) while we were playing finals disgusts me to this day. It says a lot about that playing group and Jamie Lyon in particular - they were a team for the ages, an elite Manly squad who got the job done.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6