Benji a Replacement for Snake a Possibility?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Aetna

Reserve Grader
If Brett Stewart dosn't want to play for the Sea Eagles without his brother, would Benji Marshall be a option at full-back? A lot of money would be freed up from the Stewart brothers & Benji is also another option in kicking.
I would rather see the Stewart boys Manly players for the rest of their careers but you can't stop a professional footballers setting themselves ups for a better life after football.

I dont think Benji would be a good fit for the club. I dont think he would suit our style of play to be honest.

I dont think snake will go either... after signing Grant and Gift snake wouldnt get anywhere near what he is already earning at Manly. I wouldnt be signing with another club for less money only to play reggies (coz Souths wont move GI from FB)

Firstly, Snake is contracted to Manly until 2016 or 2017 I think, so he would need a release from the club to leave, which I don't think would be granted.

Secondly, I don't think Souths would be interested in Snake when they have Inglis, so if he did leave, he wouldn't be playing with his brother anyway, so defeats the purpose of leaving.

Thirdly, surely Souths wouldn't have room in the cap for him AND still have to make a pay out to Manly to release him.

Fourthly, if Brett did leave, we have three young players with huge potential, who all play fullback in Hiku, Gutherson and Tom Trbojevic.

Fifthly, while I enjoyed watching Marshall at his peak, the facts are his been a liability to any team his played for in the last 3 years.

Finally, he's never played fullback at top level, so it would be a massive risk to put a player who's past his best and down on confidence into such a vital position.

Other than that, the idea has merit!

mosto said:
Firstly, Snake is contracted to Manly until 2016 or 2017 I think, so he would need a release from the club to leave, which I don't think would be granted.

Secondly, I don't think Souths would be interested in Snake when they have Inglis, so if he did leave, he wouldn't be playing with his brother anyway, so defeats the purpose of leaving.

Thirdly, surely Souths wouldn't have room in the cap for him AND still have to make a pay out to Manly to release him.

Fourthly, if Brett did leave, we have three young players with huge potential, who all play fullback in Hiku, Gutherson and Tom Trbojevic.

Fifthly, while I enjoyed watching Marshall at his peak, the facts are his been a liability to any team his played for in the last 3 years.

Finally, he's never played fullback at top level, so it would be a massive risk to put a player who's past his best and down on confidence into such a vital position.

Good idea Mosto! Nathan Merritt is off contract this year. ;) :p

mosto said:

I don't like criticising but I'm pretty sure you missed some points

Benji has burned his bridges, even the Tigers don't want him.
"I'll never ever play against the Tigers" he said, if he's a man of his word that precludes an NRL return.
I predict he'll be in a Melbourne jersey within the next couple of weeks...

This idea is so ridiculous, the thread is not even worthy of a response.....DOH.

simon64 said:
This idea is so ridiculous, the thread is not even worthy of a response.....DOH.

My thoughts exactly. Some minds are soft and they seem to be gaining traction. I'm getting a good laugh out of some of the threads on here.

niccipops said:
@Jethro could you please insert puke on this idea.
vomit.gif
smsick8.gif
yack.gif
vomit-smiley-020.gif

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4