Bench vs Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Our top 13 is intact and a no-brainer selection wise. Assuming Buhrer is still out injured we can select a bench from:

Fa'aoso
Symonds
Gower
Hasson
Rose

The first 2 are automatic picks in my opinion.

Gower has been outstanding over the last couple of months and in my opinion, has earned the third spot. He can hit the line hard in attack and defence and has a nice and safe offload in him.

The final pick is a very hard decision. I have always been a big fan of big George, but over the last month his mind doesn't seem to be on the job. Too many errors and hard not to think that not resigning him had muddled his on-field concentration. Very disappointed with his contribution over the last month.

Hasson is solid and will be a greater player for us in years to come when he further builds strength and bulk. Solid and won't let us down against the Roosters.

Very excited about Turbojet from what I saw today. So tempting to give him the fourth spot ... But common sense dictates that he should be blooded properly for a finals campaign.

So which of these 3 should get the final bench spot?

Might not be a bad thing for Toovey to let all 3 know they are in with a shot, and keep them all honest at training all week, especially Big George.

driftout said:
Hiku on the bench is a must . If Snake , Wolf or Jorge were forced from the field we'd have no options .

T Red covers the backs.
Bench will be
14. Fa"aoso
15. Buhrer
16. Rose
17. T Red

Would loved to have seen Joe and or Kingy there.

driftout said:
Hiku on the bench is a must . If Snake , Wolf or Jorge were forced from the field we'd have no options .

100% agree. We are a much better side with hiku in it.

The Hiku plan may be the go if Buhrer is not fit. He's big and strong enough and likes to be in the thick of things, plus of course can cover fullback centre wing and 5/8.

Eagles2nv said:
I guess hasson will have to go. Based on todays performance gower was way better.

Segyaro's dummy half try going between hasson and gower was a mite embarrassing. Just saw the highlights, how far was coote offside for their 1st try, sheesh.

This is great position to be in. Hiku wont be there even though does everything asked of him. Richie will be as will T red. The rest is up for grabs. Buhrer would have to be 100+% fit because that only leaves one more big bopper. If that is Rose I would be concerned. Gower was so impressive.

I got a buzz out of the new kids playing. Jake was everywhere. I liked the passing between Clinton and Stevie. Simple stuff done well looks good!!

If I were Tooves I'd seriously be considering having Hiku on the bench. If the Fuhrer is still out we need someone who can cover the back line if required.

Makes me glad I'm not an NRL coach who has to make these decisions.

Spoke to Giggy at the club last night, sadly Brett is only 50/50, Hiku might get a run anyway!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4