1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bench Suddenly looking strong again

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,293 /31
    A few weeks ago our bench was looking a little....unseasoned. But tonight, Buhrer, Rose, Fa'oso and Hasson, suddenly that's looking like a solid solid bench.....plus potentially Joe G around finals?? That's a good bench!

2. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,120 /151
    Ligi went ok also. Im sure he could fill the #16 role of 0-12mins if required.

3. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 /2
    Richie being back is the key.

• Like Like x 1
    • Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +1,201 /29
      Joe G comes back on the bench for the finals and things look a lot better. That leg drive makes such a difference. God please let this happen

• Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,590 /38
      Hasson is out, Gower in.

• wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +4,158 /73
      I thought Joe pulled the pin?
      That'd be massive having him back.:)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    • castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +848 /7
      fa'aoso has made a big difference in the impact we get from the bench, in both attack & defence

• The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +476 /8
      Was just about to say the same thing.
      I'd have Ligi Sao over Gower

• mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +4,613 /97
      Don't forget Tom Symonds to come back soon. Buhrer,Fa'aoso,Symonds,Rose a lot better bench. I seriously doubt that Joe.G could come back.

• Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +5,063 /188
      If we can make a good injury run for the rest of the year we are going to take some stopping.

Both King and Joe could make it back before finals too albeit unlikely

• Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +3,293 /31
      Forgot Tommy Symonds....beautiful!! Things are suddenly looking a bit Rosey (no pun intended Georgey)

• Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +5,063 /188
      Ligi got sent off for an elbow so may not be available for a while

• Dan

Dan Kim Jong Dan Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +7,045 /106
      Richi the head hunter hus been great

• Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv Sea you in the finals 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,808 /44
      This ^

I think that is a strong looking bench. I would have Hasson and Sao as back-ups if need be.

I dont see Joe being fit enough and you would have to swap rose for him cause taking 2 20min front rowers puts alot of load on the rest. Big goerge has been good for us.

• Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +1,995 /19
      I thought Gower did well tonight with the extra minutes he got. Very solid, nice offload in there as well. It's nice to have decent backup for our backup.

• Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +976 /0
      I agree. Played pretty well. Tempered by the fact it was against the Tigers, but kudo's to him for his performance.

• SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +9,178 /180
      If King or Joe make surprise returns that is great for our depth. No way would they be at proper fitness, but if we lose more props either one of them might still play a key cameo role.

• ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
      +971 /7
      Rotation has been good. We were woeful for periods last night (dropped ball, penalties) but we have so much improvement and with the continued punch from the bench I am getting more confident. Richie, Buhrer and Rose have so much go forward. Despite feeling like kicking the tv in parts I ended up feeling really happy overall because as a team it is seriously coming together. Gut feel - we are going to go close to winning this year.

• globaleagle

globaleagle Deux bourbons s'il vous plait Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +11,298 /94
      Bench Suddenly looking strong again

This just in.....

Bench receives 6am house call from ASADA on suspicions recent strength is peptide related.

Representatives forced to stand as bench offered nowhere for them to sit.

Said representatives left house empty handed as usually the asada hasn't a leg to stand on and therefore needs to sit.

No comment from bench as he said he had to get going and cant afford to lounge around...but said he'd give the asada a stool sample anytime.

• Like Like x 1