Ben Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh yes but seeing he was out - should have been Fulton.
This is how Hasler operates, remember how long it took Guaca to get a run after his sensational debut? It's a wonder that all of our promising juniors aren't looking elsewhere, other clubs elevate players with great success, it just doesn't happen with us. Time for change for the sake of our club and our sanity

This is how Hasler operates, remember how long it took Guaca to get a run after his sensational debut? It's a wonder that all of our promising juniors aren't looking elsewhere, other clubs elevate players with great success, it just doesn't happen with us. Time for change for the sake of our club and our sanity
I take a different view sorry mate - I think Hasler is a super coach. He knows way more than me and I gather everyone else on here. I truly believe that juniors have to earn their stripes and they don't get handed things but some of his bench selections make me scratch my head as I said on another post.

I take a different view sorry mate - I think Hasler is a super coach. He knows way more than me and I gather everyone else on here. I truly believe that juniors have to earn their stripes and they don't get handed things but some of his bench selections make me scratch my head as I said on another post.
All good mate, that's the beauty of forums such as this, it's good to get feedback and to take on board other opinions 🙂

Problem with the 'we need a change in the coaching box' is you might just get it with another Baz or Holbrook or obrian... the list goes on.
Who is available right now that you would bet on to be better?

Id take Trent back if we could get some better chairs.

Problem with the 'we need a change in the coaching box' is you might just get it with another Baz or Holbrook or obrian... the list goes on.
If, as an owner, you think your current coach show no promise of delivering a premiership, why would you not look around? Surely it can't be that much of a tax lurk that you're going to be content with being an also ran?

Holbrook is a good coach,he’s just been shafted by his recruitment and retention team.Obviously he maybe part of that group,but his coaching is not debatable

I wouldn't necessarily bet on Shane Flannagan to do a better job than Des but I think he's got the knowledge and the maturity to get the best out of a team. We had our fingers severely burnt by Barrett and I'd be very sceptical about blooding a rookie coach again.

I wouldn't necessarily bet on Shane Flannagan to do a better job than Des but I think he's got the knowledge and the maturity to get the best out of a team. We had our fingers severely burnt by Barrett and I'd be very sceptical about blooding a rookie coach again.
He’s the only coach I’d want, can’t believe other clubs haven’t snapped him up. Can obviously coach, speaks well, obviously has great insight into the game. He’s done his time..

If Des was sacked of course..

He’s the only coach I’d want, can’t believe other clubs haven’t snapped him up. Can obviously coach, speaks well, obviously has great insight into the game. He’s done his time..

Agree with this tenfold.
Flanno would be the perfect coach for us if Des wasn’t to continue on. Great footy iq and man manager.

Im not sure about this one. Ill admit, Des does have a habit of neglecting game time to the kids... but, sometimes you see a youngster come through and even in 5-10 mins you can say, wow, look at the speed, strength and energy of this kid...like we did with Koula. I don't see that in Burbo. I saw a lot more in Fulton.

Honestly, if he wasnt Burbo, he wouldnt be near first grade..

Yes he is smart but he's the opposite to Des in terms of being able to build a principled club culture.

The second part to my post was about playing NSW Cup more consistantly and forming or developing combinations and pushing for First grade. Shouldn't we be further developing all of those combinations that were forged when we won that SG Ball (?) comp a few years back with the next generation? Instead we extract the promising ones and rotate them through the "home viewer #4 bench spot" or name them in the 22 and never play them. When DCE came on at 22yo he was dominating consistantly for Sunshine Coast our feeder team at the time.

I rate Des as a coach but I have never understood his bench rotation or pathway management from NSW Cup to NRL*. I get covid killed NSW Cup for 2 years but it has been run this year. Feels like Brbo hasn't played full time (in any grade) for three years.

* I do acknowledge the heavy injury toll in 2022 and roster disruptions this causes but I also have concerns about our injury management (as noted Running OUT injured) and fitness (fades in last 10 minutes). This is all on Des's coaching staff.

Yes he is smart but he's the opposite to Des in terms of being able to build a principled club culture.
That is certainly something to be considered. Having said that, we have no idea what he has personally learned from that episode of his life. I'd like to give him the option to show he has learnt and grown from it. If he hasn't then I would be reluctant to put him in that position.

That is certainly something to be considered. Having said that, we have no idea what he has personally learned from that episode of his life. I'd like to give him the option to show he has learnt and grown from it. If he hasn't then I would be reluctant to put him in that position.
Well he was banned for his role in 'that episode'.
Then he defied the ban.
And then he blatantly lied about it.
Apparently leopards, salmon, and weak gutted dogs never change their spots. You want to take a punt on sharks?

Well he was banned for his role in 'that episode'.
Then he defied the ban.
And then he blatantly lied about it.
Apparently leopards, salmon, and weak gutted dogs never change their spots. You want to take a punt on sharks?

No desire to punt on sharks, SER8. He would have to demonstrate to me that he had learned and changed before I would ever consider him for the role.

A person who makes bad mistakes in life, but is able to acknowledge, accept and grow from them, is capable of extraordinary things (phoenix from the ashes archetype). I'm not saying that is Flanno... personally, I think he's more in denial and still justifies certain choices and behaviours in his own mind.

Yep, he actually does a decent job on TV, and at least in that job he's not such an influential role model for young men as he would be as a head coach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4