Ben Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get what your saying.

Equally I still think there is something here for the club to take on board, which would be a positive for the club in the long run.

Certainly my observations (and for too many years as well to all be bad judgement) our players just appeared to return from injury that week or two too soon.

Let's be honest, a clubs depth is a huge factor in professional sport as well. A club like the Roosters don't need a player to play who is 50/50, the pressure is on at Manly because our squad competitive depth usually doesn't go a long as other clubs. We aren't the only club who take the risk, but ours seem to come back and bite.

Yesterday's story is a little more concerning than Siros though, Shoey isn't a former player for one.

Siro had other reasons to be pissed at the club and have a whinge to the media, the club didn't retain him, he wasn't happy about small minutes he got, which no doubt impacts the size of, or even being offered another contract.

I don't know how Schoey got injured or what was old school about it.

But it sure would seem someone must have made some noise about it.
All reports suggest Schuster’s injury is a syndesmosis and he got his ankle caught under another players leg during a contact session,so not an injury caused by old school methods,could of happened any time.The Mole put one and one together and got three,just to stir people up that don’t look a bit deeper into situations

All reports suggest Schuster’s injury is a syndesmosis and he got his ankle caught under another players leg during a contact session,so not an injury caused by old school methods,could of happened any time.The Mole put one and one together and got three,just to stir people up that don’t look a bit deeper into situations
Des is no idiot and I am sure that there is still a lot to be said for some of the supposed "old school" training methods

Do we really believe in this day and age we would be using old school fitness and training techniques? What does that even mean? 25 times round the oval and 50 pushups?

Perhaps I'm wrong but Des has always appeared to push the boundaries of new techniques in fitness and recovery so I can't see why he's now considered a dinosaur? Calves blood anyone?
Or a 120kg half back when needed
Dinosaur indeed
T Rex

In the why so many injuries thread, seems Crokers called Donnys training methods Old school on a pod cast recently. Something to do with 4 days of cardio straight at Manly which no other NRL club does or something.

You can also understand how some Players when being pushed hard during summer could be a little anxious, given last year's preseason training tragedy.

In the why so many injuries thread, seems Crokers called Donnys training methods Old school on a pod cast recently. Something to do with 4 days of cardio straight at Manly which no other NRL club does or something.

You can also understand how some Players when being pushed hard during summer could be a little anxious, given last year's preseason training tragedy.
I'd be more concerned if it was cherry or a turbo bro bitching about it. Croker probably wasn't even bitching just telling it like it is. Mole is in need of a tag line.

In Sirro's case dh, he had two major injury stints on the side lines, followed up with other shorter injury stints. Manly went above and beyond in supporting Curtis during his prolonged time out of the game. And for his old man to come out and bag Manly for not treating his son right, wow.. astonishing !!
sirro was so injury prone that if he got a paper cut from signing a new contract it would lead to an infection that cost him time on the sideline!

Last edited:
Really think that Burbo 's best contribution and value is in the 2 nd row for Manly . Big body , has good speed and with the right set up men , line breaking ability , Seems to be trying to improve his defence [ and did ] when he was very occasionally in the forwards last season . Still seems to be having some issues in the centres with reads in defence . No doubt may well have been in contention for a bench spot with a couple of back rowers down for the opening part of the season , Played heaps of back row as a wide running and fast and effective 2 nd rower in junior rep sides and again sure that he could replicate it quite well at N R L level with the suitable play makers around the ruck area .

Question for @Smokin Joe I know it's hard to imagine this BUT what would the opinion of Burbo have been in the lower grades if he hadn't have those brothers? Surely he must have talent and is not being nurtured due to his name alone?

For all you Curtis Sironen baggers...if you bothered to read his comments before leaving for the UK you'd have seen he was not pissed at Manly at all, was grateful for his time at Manly & rejected his father's claims that his injuries were not monitored or that he returned from injury to early. Can't believe the $hit some of our players & ex players cop on Silvertails. Curtis was injured playing for Manly so show some respect.....Tom was injured being a twat yet no one bothered to bag him!

Really think that Burbo 's best contribution and value is in the 2 nd row for Manly . Big body , has good speed and with the right set up men , line breaking ability , Seems to be trying to improve his defence [ and did ] when he was very occasionally in the forwards last season . Still seems to be having some issues in the centres with reads in defence . No doubt may well have been in contention for a bench spot with a couple of back rowers down for the opening part of the season , Played heaps of back row as a wide running and fast and effective 2 nd rower in junior rep sides and again sure that he could replicate it quite well at N R L level with the suitable play makers around the ruck area .
Joel Thompson was played backrow all through Canberra juniors and then played his first few years of 1st grade in the centres.
The development of Burbo reminds me of JT in that sense. I think he’s adjusting himself to two different positions with the senior squad. 20 years old and he’s got time on his side. There’s pressure to be a prodigious superstar before he turns 21 because his brothers were.
For all we know he may kick on and play more games for Manly than Jake and Tom!
People don’t like waiting to find out, but he’s got time to be his own man and establish himself in 1st grade.
‘Lettuce sea’ how 2022 unfolds and go from there : )

What would Lachlan Croker know though? He’s been in Manly’s system for all but one of his first grade games and before Manly, he was a fringe player under Ricky Stuart.

He hardly has experience at the Roosters/Penrith or Storm, to comment on what is considered today’s blueprint for success. These methods also took us further than the Chooks and as far as Melbourne in 2021.

What would Lachlan Croker know though? He’s been in Manly’s system for all but one of his first grade games and before Manly, he was a fringe player under Ricky Stuart.

He hardly has experience at the Roosters/Penrith or Storm, to comment on what is considered today’s blueprint for success. These methods also took us further than the Chooks and as far as Melbourne in 2021.
In the “expose” in the herald about Canterbury, Des thought the dogs’ training schedule was for nsw cup. He was gobsmacked when he was told it was for first grade. He told Greenberg “are you sure you’re ready for me?”

He could make a decent center but i think you're right 2nd row seems his go. Needs to bulk up a bit.... needs the suli maccas pass for a month 🤣

How did he go in the trials in the centers?

Question for @Smokin Joe I know it's hard to imagine this BUT what would the opinion of Burbo have been in the lower grades if he hadn't have those brothers? Surely he must have talent and is not being nurtured due to his name alone?
He has/had talent.
For me I think it is just maturing and development,I think there there has been some stunting because people have seemed to switch him from centre to edge constantly.
Unfortunately whilst he has the Trbojevic build/genes,he does not have Tommys pace and agility or Jakes work rate/mungo attitude,he is sort of somewhere in between...
I think he will work out well as a second rower,just needs people to put him there,leave him there and tell him he will be there,probably needs a little more self belief,being the youngest sibling can hinder that sometimes(no idea what Des is thinking though,maybe trying to turn him into another Parker?).

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8