Ben Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't see anyone inside the bubble being allowed to play Queensland cup

Sydney clubs eye Queensland Cup​

Sydney’s NRL clubs are seeking to have up to three players each join Queensland Cup sides once players have completed their two-week quarantines.

One worrying trend that emerged last year after the Covid restrictions lifted to allow games to resume, were the number of injuries to players who hadn’t had game-time for several weeks.

The NRL is keen to avoid this and will back the idea to place Sydney players into various Queensland Cup teams to ensure the athletes are exposed to quality match-time as opposed to just training drills during this uncertain phase.

Officials realise that if the new Delta variant causes a mass outbreak in Queensland, the local competition is likely to be halted, and that could leave dozens of players stepping up to play in the NRL with no game-time for nearly one month.

Newcastle have a loose relationship with Ipswich, while New Zealand Warriors have a connection to Redcliffe, and are already making arrangements to have their unused match-day players join the club competition.

The Sydney clubs won’t be too fussed about where their contracted players end up, so long as they get to play within a fortnight.

Sydney clubs eye Queensland Cup​

Sydney’s NRL clubs are seeking to have up to three players each join Queensland Cup sides once players have completed their two-week quarantines.

One worrying trend that emerged last year after the Covid restrictions lifted to allow games to resume, were the number of injuries to players who hadn’t had game-time for several weeks.

The NRL is keen to avoid this and will back the idea to place Sydney players into various Queensland Cup teams to ensure the athletes are exposed to quality match-time as opposed to just training drills during this uncertain phase.

Officials realise that if the new Delta variant causes a mass outbreak in Queensland, the local competition is likely to be halted, and that could leave dozens of players stepping up to play in the NRL with no game-time for nearly one month.

Newcastle have a loose relationship with Ipswich, while New Zealand Warriors have a connection to Redcliffe, and are already making arrangements to have their unused match-day players join the club competition.

The Sydney clubs won’t be too fussed about where their contracted players end up, so long as they get to play within a fortnight.

Good idea. Fringe first graders need the game time and I suspect its ended here in NSW for the Reggies.

This is not just an opportunity, but a time for Bullemor to say "Des - this is why you picked me"....and I reckon he will stand up and make it count- the other side you have the reliable Lawton who will get his job done in style...

Davey hasn't played in the trials, so we don't know if he will be available for the first round.
Thinking back on it, has he been sighted in any of the training shots or videos?
Can't recall seeing Davey in any photos but I did see him sitting in the stand tonight.
Having had a long lay-off and not playing in the trials, one would think Des wouldn't throw him into round 1 against Penrith...

Having had a long lay-off and not playing in the trials, one would think Des wouldn't throw him into round 1 against Penrith...
Here, Des says Davey is in the mix for Rd 1

"With Josh Schuster expected to miss at least the first four rounds with an ankle and Olakau'atu in doubt Hasler said Karl Lawton and Andrew Davey are in the mix for the Panthers clash."

Can't recall seeing Davey in any photos but I did see him sitting in the stand tonight.
Davey is in the team photo.

Here, Des says Davey is in the mix for Rd 1

"With Josh Schuster expected to miss at least the first four rounds with an ankle and Olakau'atu in doubt Hasler said Karl Lawton and Andrew Davey are in the mix for the Panthers clash."

You’d imagine he will slot in for haumole. Unless des starts lawton on the left with bullemore right and then Lawton shifts to hooker to spell crokes with Davey going to left second row.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8