• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
Hi all. Here is a left field 5/8 option I havent heard discussed. What about DCE's great mate Ben Barba. We all know mateship is what makes a great side and players realise their full potential. Given the club recruited Myles on this basis why not Barba. Just read the sharks have serious cap pressure and maybe there is a chance they would pay part of his salary next year given he is on the nose. At his best he has been devestating and I think DCE and his family may be the stabilising influence he needs to become an even better player. Thoughts?

His recent form with the guppies has been really good, I would doubt they would release him and he is on about 800K a year which we really cant afford.

Well we get to see him this Sunday. I think he would take unders to come to our club and given they have signed Maloney and Townsend where do they see his future? No doubt he has been a flop so that should also decrease his market value and put him in the 400-500k range. Rather than Forlorn we could sign him plus Shaun Lane on 400k which would blow the dogs out of the water to retain him. Size and speed that is the crux of the game.

Having lost Foran and assuming less minutes for Ballin with the inclusion of Koroisau, I'd like to see us sign a 5/8 who is a little more rugged than Barba. I don't know where we'd find him but I see someone like Blake Austin as the perfect fit for us. If no one like that is available at present I'd hope we promote from within and bide our time.

Barba is crazier than Foran, and he is not a 5/8. Barba makes Hasson look like a tackling machine :mad:

Also do not confuse value with contract amount - Barba will be on 800k for another 2 years, even sitting on NSW Cup.

Manly have a plethora of fullbacks, one position that we can cover with Snake, Hiku, Gutho, Turbo. @:cool:

Last edited:
Well we get to see him this Sunday. I think he would take unders to come to our club and given they have signed Maloney and Townsend where do they see his future? No doubt he has been a flop so that should also decrease his market value and put him in the 400-500k range. Rather than Forlorn we could sign him plus Shaun Lane on 400k which would blow the dogs out of the water to retain him. Size and speed that is the crux of the game.
Is that Chad Townsend the Sharks have signed? I hadn't heard that. He's quite underrated.

Ben Barba.......a flash in the pan who had one good season followed by 3 mediocre ones.

No thanks.

If he was worth keeping he would still be at Belmore or even Brisbane.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7