Beaver tips the return of a legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
AFTER the successful comebacks of Steve Menzies and Brad Fittler in the Auckland Nines tournament last weekend, watch out for another Manly legend to pull on the boots next season.

“Be
SteveMenzies111.jpg
aver” reckons his old teammate Cliffy Lyons will be the next star veteran putting his hand up next year for a start.

“This will definitely inspire Cliffy,” Menzies said.

“I have no doubts he will be knocking on someone’s door this time next year saying: ‘Hey, do you need a playmaker’ for sure.”

The chance to see the old combination of Menzies and Lyons together again would be magic.

A MANLY SUGGESTION

WITH the former Manly contingent of coach Brad Arthur, Will Hopoate, Darcy Lussick and David Gower having moved out west, it might be time to give the team in blue and gold new name.

Blindside suggests calling them the Parramatta Sea Eels.

There were even rumours that in the dead of night trucks have been transporting sand from Narrabeen Beach to the banks of the Parramatta River so the new recruits feel at home.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/blindside-beaver-menzies-tips-the-return-of-a-legend/story-fngr8iii-1226833995174

AFTER the successful comebacks of Steve Menzies and Brad Fittler in the Auckland Nines tournament last weekend, watch out for another Manly legend to pull on the boots next season.

Read More

Would like to see Daniel Gartner back out there. He's no older than Beaver I think. Kosef would be good but his knees.

How good would be it to see Ben Kennedy again? I reckon his body may not be up to it. He sustained a lot more damage than Cliffy in his career.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6