Beaver not invited to Dally M's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I read a topic on LU yesterday. A guy was saying he was listening to a talk show yesterday and the host was going nuts about Beaver not getting an invite to this years Dally M awards, despite being nominated for an award.

Does anyone have any more info on this? Its disgraceful if true.

does it have something to do with players going to the UK?

Surly not in Beavers case?

He's been an ambassador and servant to the game for 15 years. He was released by his club thanks to the NRL imposed salary cap and what other NRL club would be willing to give a 35 year old a contract with those same restraints.

Not to mention he is exactly  what the NRL want in a player, a one club man.

If it is true it is a disgrace, hwoever the way the NRL treated his last game a brookie it wouldn't surprise me. 

The greatest try scoring forward in the games history and a player with a good chance of being at least equal leader of most games ever played shoudl have been provided with a 'life time ' achievement award for some form of recongntion.

As I have said before Gallop is an arse clown

This is an outrage if true - total joke and justifies the criticism about the NRL not being able to organise a grog-up in a brewery!!!

"No one likes us, we don't care."

I don't care anyway. The rest of the world can go f*ck itself if it doesn't agree with me.
Not supporting Manly is disagreeing with me, so they can go f*ck themselves.

It just gives us more reason to feel no guilt when acting like c*nts towards opposition supporters, refs & adminstrators.

Beaver knows most League supporters think he's a great & will be remembered long after match scheduling & invite issues are forgotten.

Duff link said:
\"No one likes us, we don't care.\"

I don't care anyway. The rest of the world can go f*ck itself if it doesn't agree with me.
Not supporting Manly is disagreeing with me, so they can go f*ck themselves.

It just gives us more reason to feel no guilt when acting like c*nts towards opposition supporters, refs & adminstrators.

Beaver knows most League supporters think he's a great & will be remembered long after match scheduling & invite issues are forgotten.

I love your attitude Duff  ;D

Probably water off a ducks back to Beaver, but if true, disgraceful backhander to an ornament of the game.

I don't really see it as a big deal at all personally

Each club only gets a set number of invites don't they ? We had Orford, Glenn Stewart and Brett Stewart there to collect awards, along with Wolfman, Kite and Perry as nominees, and possibly Hasler as well

They would be pretty close to using our allocation

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I don't really see it as a big deal at all personally

Each club only gets a set number of invites don't they ? We had Orford, Glenn Stewart and Brett Stewart there to collect awards, along with Wolfman, Kite and Perry as nominees, and possibly Hasler as well

They would be pretty close to using our allocation

Was he nominated for an award or not?

If so which one?

Its still a nomination. And why would you not give one of the greats his last chance at going to the Dally M awards as a player? Its a total bs call if you ask me.

Not that i think we're being a bit girly, its just a poor call to leave him out of such an event.

He was probably stoked not to attend

Already had 2 weeks of the fairwell stuff, including a couple of dinners, and he doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke who is into all that sort of stuff

Yeah, John Gibbs rang him and asked why he wasn't there. Beaver said he wasn't invited, and apparentaly didnt sound too happy. He was up for the provan-summons award. The NRL claimed it was simply an "oversight" - disgrace.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8