Beaver - 350th Swansong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I reckon we should start a grass-roots campaign for Beaver to be able to play for us in the World Club Challenge to reach 350.

Bugger the contract lawyers.

No

Either reverse Beavers UK contract and let him play a full year or two or leave him retired. He is still at his peak and can play a couple more years but some lame game just to get to 350 is a massive anti-climax. Even beaver does not want to do it.

I never liked Terry Lamb as a player, but he said some pretty classy things about Beaver and equalling his record. Lets either leave it at that, or bring him back for real footy.

NY Eagle

NYEagle link said:
No

Either reverse Beavers UK contract and let him play a full year or two or leave him retired. He is still at his peak and can play a couple more years but some lame game just to get to 350 is a massive anti-climax. Even beaver does not want to do it.

I never liked Terry Lamb as a player, but he said some pretty classy things about Beaver and equalling his record. Lets either leave it at that, or bring him back for real footy.

NY Eagle

That's roght, I even heard Beaver say that he wouldn't want to just come back for one token game. He said he was happy to be equal with baa baa.

The Herald today hints that Beaver may be considering it.

Lamb is a grub, pure and simple.  Consider his thuggery in both the 1988 and 1995 Grand Finals.  The NRL should *encourage* Beaver to scrub his name from the record books.

Matabele link said:
The Herald today hints that Beaver may be considering it.

Lamb is a grub, pure and simple.  Consider his thuggery in both the 1988 and 1995 Grand Finals.  The NRL should *encourage* Beaver to scrub his name from the record books.

I agree, it's an aberration that a low life like Lamb holds the record. The less his name appears in any record books the better.

By the way does anyone know for sure if the Club Challenge game would count towards his game tally ??

It wouldn't be NRL so no!

I don;t think we should cheapen the record by allowing him to play just to achieve it

It's a recognised first grade game and it is for Manly.  That'll do me.

At least we can console ourselves that Beaver played far more representative football than that other butt-pokin' encouragin' grub.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6