Be an Eagle and suck it up.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
We lost big and it hurt to go out in that manner. Most Silvertails posters accept that and realise what an amazing achievement this year has been. The team has battled extreme adversity from less than a week after last year’s amazing win right up until with playing a busted team last night.
I believe they turned up to play but nothing went right from the start. It was not a case of the team not trying. They had a go but it was a team effort that all went wrong, apart from the amazing contribution by Killer.
I disagree with comments from fans who go all out claiming we’re going to win a title and then turn out complete negativity after a loss.
To the supporters claiming that the club should refund money to the fans that went to Melbourne – that’s just plain ridiculous IMO. You take a big gamble when you travel a long way to watch a footy match and you have to accept the result.
We got dusted well and good last night, but no blaming, no bagging, suck it up and move on.
Continue your support for the Mighty Manly Warringah Club by taking the bad with the good.
Congratulations to Tooves, players and club for making it so far in a year that we were truly up against it before it all began.
Continue to wear those jerseys people. We support a champion team so lets be champion supporters.

Pretty much how I feel nicci. But even this morning it is hard to believe what I watched last night. But it is a new day and a good cuppa and brekkie will give a lift and have me firing up for the off-season. Go Manly.

Yep. It's all good here. I think we did an amazing job this year, all things considered. I have no idea what happened last night, but in a way i'm happy to take that loss. I would have been suicidal if we got through last night and then produced that effort against the dogs in the GF. Go the Rabbits tonight, and go Manly for next year!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

mozgrame said:
Yep. It's all good here. I think we did an amazing job this year, all things considered. I have no idea what happened last night, but in a way i'm happy to take that loss. I would have been suicidal if we got through last night and then produced that effort against the dogs in the GF. Go the Rabbits tonight, and go Manly for next year!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Excellent point about the GF. Better to do an awful gig last night than in a weeks time.
As for bunnies I've never been on their bandwagon but jumping on it tonight. 2013 - The Year of the Eagle.

I feel Jamie Lyon is the only Manly player in my opinion that can hold his head high after last night.

The others should have a godd long hard look at themselves.

The younger players I can excuse but the old heads need to re-evaluate their performance.

All good for next year.

As far as sucking it up - Manly sucked last night.

Agree was the worst game the team has played all year, but cant make any excuses the storm were too good for us last night..get this off season over and done with, we'll be back next year, and ill be travelling up to auckland(hopefuly they get a game against the wariors there lol) to support the team...

niccipops said:
mozgrame said:

Excellent point about the GF. Better to do an awful gig last night than in a weeks time.
As for bunnies I've never been on their bandwagon but jumping on it tonight. 2013 - The Year of the Eagle.

This is how smart i am. I tipped Souths to miss the 8 this year based on the fact they wouldn't have Sandow there to guide them. :blush:

Lord help me....i'm not too bright LOL.

When you follow a team you do so to feel both the highs and the lows they do. I imagine they would be feeling quite gutted, as we are.

Overall a decent season marred by matters well discussed elsewhere.

Getting the boys injury resistance should be one of the clubs goals in the off season. Glenn Stewart was quiet the last several weeks. He must have been hurt. I don't how you do this but the love of the physical game can leave a team battered when it matters. That week off really helped the storm too.

Being the defending premieres is a type of curse, it's simply not meant to happen. It's another teams curse next year.

Looking forward to seeing new faces in the side and a season without the added hype and weight of expectation.

Well done Toovey for jumping into the breach. A good rookies year for you.

My player of the year must be Lyon. What a champion. I am already looking forward to next season. This one was, in many ways, a cracker. Tribalism at its best!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2