Baz Extension

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously this extension is sooooo old news, the two year extension was the only smart outcome for both sides to aim for--- and they both know it.

The next contract extension or non extension is the tough one.

Seriously this extension is sooooo old news, the two year extension was the only smart outcome for both sides to aim for--- and they both know it.

The next contract extension or non extension is the tough one.
Boy, I’m sure glad that you’re not our media release or PR manager. Talk about being desperately in search of negativity. If the Penns offered you a high end role at the club, the corporate catch cry would be sponsors....what sponsors? You make Zorba appear to be competent. At least he’s aware of the power of positivity. Barrett, who appears to b, a fine young coach, just extended until the end of 2020. Try enjoying the moment.

Last edited:
People could say the opposite of you.
Maybe so man. Here’s a thought, how’s about you post something correlating to Baz extending, that offers a rational explanation as to why I should not be happy. Or perhaps enlighten me as to how this is a counter productive outcome for the club. I’m more than happy to stand under your rain cloud...If you can explain to me why it is I might want to get wet.

We needed stabilisation and we got it. Whatever I hear or read from players on the media suggests that they love playing for TB and and the group is very close. That is a wonderful foundation for success. Whilst we haven't secured any new star signings yet this season I do like our squad and there a a number of players who haven't played to their potential yet. Tactically and selection wise TB is work in progress and let's face it even Wayne Bennett has made some significant tactical errors in his time. Turning rocks into diamonds is not a skill acquired overnight but you have more prospect of getting the best out of players if they want to play for you. I hope that Gman can rebuild the bridge between our Leagues Club and Football club and get our club running like a well tuned engine. We don't have any skeletons left in the closet and once this salary cap investigation is done the NRL and Media have no ammunition left. It's time for the Eagles to regenerate like a Phoenix and dominate this competition once again. The corporate backers will then be lining up! Everybody loves a winner!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/49827084c86b20f044e783441d3d086b

Trent Brett extends Manly coaching contract, plans to stay on for another decade
DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
November 16, 2017 6:57pm

“I WANT to stay for 10 years.”

So Trent Barrett declared after extending his contract as Sea Eagles coach for another two seasons.

After two months of intense negotiations, Manly and Barrett announced a new contract through until the end of 2020.

Many view Barrett as the next big thing in coaching and it will be reassuring that he now won’t be leaving at the end of next season.

Manly were controversially eliminated in week one of the finals this year and Barrett is already higher — a top-four finish in 2018.

With Barrett back and Lyall Gorman being announced as the club’s new CEO, Manly suddenly have much-needed stability.

“I’m locked in for another three years,” Barrett said. “Hopefully my term as Manly coach, I’d love to coach here for 10 years.

“I’m over the moon to be here long-term. I feel right at home here. The family has settled in, we have been here since August, 2015. The kids have settled into the area.

The club does get a lot of support from the community over here. They don’t call it the ‘insular peninsula’ for nothing.

“It gives me peace of mind to know that the club has confidence in me to do the job over the next three years.”

Barrett’s name had been linked to Canterbury and Gold Coast, and the interest from the Bulldogs was genuine.

Asked if he had an opportunity to move elsewhere, Barrett said: “No, not really. I wanted to stay here.

“It’s always flattering when you hear your name mentioned somewhere else but my heart was here.”

Manly finished sixth last year and will retain almost their entire NRL squad for next season.

“It was disappointing to bow out of the semi-finals so early this year but we have the guts of a really strong team here,” Barrett said.

“I think we have a really good opportunity in the next few years to have some success. The goal is to make the semi-finals and secure a top-four finish in 2018. I think we have the squad that can do it.

“We want success now, obviously. When I got the job, ‘Bozo’ (Manly’s former head of football, Bob Fulton) wasn’t one for five or 10-year plans. He was more a five-month plan.

“As much as we want success in the short-term, we want it long-term too.”

Manly co-owner and chairman Scott Penn described Barrett’s retention as “fantastic”.

“Trent certainly has a playing group that absolutely want to play for him,” Penn said. “We know our retention and recruitment over the last couple of years has been strong.

“It is the first time in my 10 years as chairman that we have had less than a handful of players changing over.

“Our playing squad is solid, they love playing for him and we’re delighted to have him on board long-term.”

Last edited:
Great news for our club!

Now for a premiership.

I’m not greedy either, happy to see us win 2019-20 back to back, and push for a title this this year.

Maybe we need a poll for how long Gorman will last.
Hopefully, he will be long term but we haven't had a great record during the NRL era.

Maybe we need a poll for how long Gorman will last.
Hopefully, he will be long term but we haven't had a great record during the NRL era.
I believe Gorman will be around for 3-4 yrs and will move on for a new challenge after that.

I think we will be in much better shape by the time he leaves.

This will definitely help make the club a powerhouse again. Coaching stability is an important factor when retaining and securing talent.

You can see the club is heading in a forward direction. Exciting times.

Maybe so man. Here’s a thought, how’s about you post something correlating to Baz extending, that offers a rational explanation as to why I should not be happy

I'm very happy about the extension can you point to a post saying anything other? The point I was making is who are you to tell people that they shouldn't be negative about things people will support their club how they want. So I'm very happy about Baz being on board till 2020 but I also don't drink the clubs bath water is that ok with you?

I'm very happy about the extension can you point to a post saying anything other? The point I was making is who are you to tell people that they shouldn't be negative about things people will support their club how they want. So I'm very happy about Baz being on board till 2020 but I also don't drink the clubs bath water is that ok with you?
That’s a good thing, I don’t imagine that the bath water would be very inviting, considering the various characters we have at the club (Zorba). Man you’re free to express whatever level of happiness you may or may not feel in any way you like. And I’m free to do the same... for me yesterday was a good day for Manly. So, when I read a post to the contrary, or at the very least, a post that suggests the signing of Baz was nothing to really get excited about, I chose to respond. You have every right to disagree. Hell, I don’t care that much either way.

Boy, I’m sure glad that you’re not our media release or PR manager. Talk about being desperately in search of negativity. If the Penns offered you a high end role at the club, the corporate catch cry would be sponsors....what sponsors? You make Zorba appear to be competent. At least he’s aware of the power of positivity. Barrett, who appears to b, a fine young coach, just extended until the end of 2020. Try enjoying the moment.
My point was in reference to all the speculation, rumour and worry in this thread about the outcome.(zero patience a click bait mentality)

Was always going to be a 2yr extension.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8