'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont think it is a top 4 squad, too many players with question marks over them.

Top 8 next season is a great result for them and is certainly possible but I have them just missing 9-12th
Yep.
The media ( and us to a certain extent) wank on about how well they’ve recruited blah, blah, blah.
Yes, they may all be individually good players but we all know the trick is to get them playing well collectively….and that is up to the coach.

Last edited:
Yep.
The media ( and us to a certain extent) wank on about how well they’ve recruited blah, blah, blah.
Yes, they may all be individually good players but we all know the trick is to get them playing well collectively….and that is up to the coach.
Well that ends their season before a ball is kicked..... the only thing the coach will get them to do collectively is have a drinking session 😂.. and there is sure to be fall out from that with that group off players... we may even see Gus don the Toga at a special players toga party😂🤣

From the kennel:
meanwhile at Belmore I understand the the gym and recovery facilities have received a nice little reno

Looks like Twent is up to his old tricks, blaming the facilities. LOL
Maybe he asked for plastic chairs and the showers to be remodeled to look like cars... it didn’t hurt Manly under Des Hasler😜😂

If Hasler had those troops they’d make the eight. With Gus coaching there will be a big turn around.

Baz will spend his career playing second fiddle. Bozo to Gus...

They can not expect results next year considering the amount of roster change. They will be competitive and maybe make the 8 but they are all set up for Baz to get the boot in a year

One interesting factoid about the 2021 season is the Dogs had the competition’s best completion rate.

What does that say about dog Barrett’s coaching?

One interesting factoid about the 2021 season is the Dogs had the competition’s best completion rate.

What does that say about dog Barrett’s coaching?
They have got the best completion rate, but it's useless when you can't score. They have the lowest points For with 340, a 100 points less than the next lowest.

They made fewer mistakes but had the ball the least so what little ball they had they couldn't use. The interesting thing will be whether that is systemic or player related. He has weapons now, Addo-Carr Dufty et el whether his style of play will get the best out of them remains to be seen. Then they need to tackle and defense is just as much trusting your team mates as it is one on one. Will take a while for that to gel, will he have enough time before he gets the flick.

I'm right up there with the biggest Barrett haters going but if I put my emotions aside for a second, I think the Dogs should improve dramatically next year as I feel their pack performed fairly well but their backline was awful. If they can hold their own in the forwards, they have points in them through some class.

I think Barrett can get a team playing well (he did it for us in 2017) with some decent cattle, however I don't believe he has what it takes to get a side challenging for a premiership. He doesn't seem to have the killer edge required to get a side 'up' consistently. His sides fade in out each week.

I also think (as others have pointed out) he is full of excuses and that is not a character trait to carry around amongst professional footballers. You have to own your performance.

I also think (as others have pointed out) he is full of excuses and that is not a character trait to carry around amongst professional footballers. You have to own your performance.
You're right, Barrett's excuses give the perception he's too much like 'one of them' to his players and lacking any authority. With Bennett, and even Des for that matter, you know they're on a different level to their players and are treated with respect.

Last edited:
Baz will do it for the boys, I don't wish him any Ill in his footy endeavors. The dogs have made some good signings. Lets see how it works out with Gus and Tbaz. Should make for some good viewing which is what we need in the NRL.

Thompson
Hetherington
RFM
Jackson
Vaughn
Pangai Jr

Its a pretty good pack. I think they should make the 8 with that team the bottom 8 is pretty close and the dogs lost some close games. Twent even cried a few times that the top teams would of got the call or given the try blah blah

Edit. So who are the players they are getting for 2022.
Dufty
ado carr
TPJ
Vaughn
Burton
Naden
? Cant think of anymore

Thats a massive boost in x factor talent. Dufty is great in attack
Ado carr will love his cut out passes
Burton plays left side with ado carr and Dufty prefers left side attack
Naden another good buy
TPJ is a beast
Vaughn loads of experience, Good buy imo for a young team.

Along with Jackson Hetherington and Raymond F Mariner thats a pretty big pack. Guz Gould pulling Barretts strings and running the show in the background... interesting times ahead! If he fails we can laugh and if he succeeds we can say its all Guz :)
Also picked up Asiata, Burnes and Josh Cook. Rabbits reserve hooker.

TBaz had a good side when he coached us. Even at the best of times he delivered barely above mediocrity with a team full of talented individuals but a team that at times lacked true team spirit.
I suspect the doggies will certainly be more competitive next year but will be inconsistent week in week out and will not make the 8. And yes I agree! it will be an excuse! fest when TBAz is in the spot light. Thank goodness he does not coach us anymore and we have moved on.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4