'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The world is a confused , intricate place for some , I consider myself blessed to have a happy life , no financial concerns ( yes of course we’d all like more money but you actually can retire on less than you think and be happy ) , a happy if not perfect marriage, wonderful family and so far reasonable health.

But I know it’s not like this for all.

Last edited:
Did you hear the story about Conor the other day?

He made 800M by selling his whiskey business and then bought the pub where he punched the old bloke for 3.1M...

...and then barred the old guy from drinking there... old mate had been a regular for 13 odd years...

Is that the most petty sh*t you have ever heard or what? All the money in the world and you want to ruin some poor old geeza because he would not drink with you... pathetic...
Yea I read that. Conor dead set sounds like a total tosser..
The old bloke too his credit says he doesn't want his money going to Conor anyway ahhaha

Man, I love sports, and I respect talent . But I realised A long time ago not to look upto any of them as human beings...

I love boxing, MMA, footy, all the physical stuff... I also love wrestling, have done since I was a kid... When my favourite wrestler murdered his wife n kid I made sure my fandom started and stopped at their talents only, and never got into them as people

Did you hear the story about Conor the other day?

He made 800M by selling his whiskey business and then bought the pub where he punched the old bloke for 3.1M...

...and then barred the old guy from drinking there... old mate had been a regular for 13 odd years...

Is that the most petty sh*t you have ever heard or what? All the money in the world and you want to ruin some poor old geeza because he would not drink with you... pathetic...

I read your post and thought 'Nah, no way would that have happened. must be a rumour."

Then as google is my friend I read that it's true!

What a total ****stick. He was initially lucky the sucker punch only cost him 1000 euros!

At least the guy says he would not drink in a pub owned by that tosser, and as he lives in Dublin, he's certain he can find at least one more pub (lol).

-------------------------------

The Irish Mirror did catch up with the victim, Desmond Keogh, to get his reaction. He said he wasn’t going back anyway:

“I’m not really concerned because I probably wouldn’t be going back to it now. I wouldn’t be going back anyway, probably especially now.

“I wouldn’t want to be spending money in his pub to be honest.”

Canterbury officials have come under fire for allowing Flanagan to take part in an all-in media session on Tuesday and not protecting their young star.

But Bulldogs chief executive Aaron Warburton told News Corp that, following meetings on Monday and Tuesday, Canterbury were set to excuse Flanagan from his 1.30pm media duties.

They thought it would be too much pressure given he was hooked from the field against St George Illawarra just 48 hours earlier. Rather than hide and be accused of dodging scrutiny, a brave Flanagan told Barrett he wanted to front up and discuss the awkward moment he was replaced.

At the time, Flanagan was not aware that he was being dropped from this weekend’s team to face Canberra in Magic Round.

“In terms of the whole process since Sunday, in consultation with Kyle, we said ‘let’s not do anything in front of the media’ on the back of him being replaced,” Warburton said.

“A number of times, Trent and our media team were in consultation with Kyle about that press conference but Kyle owning it (being benched) was a big part of the message he wanted to get across – that he needed to get back to basics and get some work done to come out of this stronger.

“And that is exactly what we’re backing Kyle to do. He knew exactly what he needed to do. Kyle was very happy to talk. He was happy to own it and go through with it.”

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure but it seems that the club coming out and saying "we asked Flanno not to do media" doesn't discount the fact they could have just said "nope, you're not doing it."

Clubs have made players off limits before.

I read your post and thought 'Nah, no way would that have happened. must be a rumour."

Then as google is my friend I read that it's true!

What a total ****stick. He was initially lucky the sucker punch only cost him 1000 euros!

At least the guy says he would drink in a pub owned by that tosser, and he lives in Dublin, he's certain he can find at least one more pub (lol).

-------------------------------

The Irish Mirror did catch up with the victim, Desmond Keogh, to get his reaction. He said he wasn’t going back anyway:

“I’m not really concerned because I probably wouldn’t be going back to it now. I wouldn’t be going back anyway, probably especially now.

“I wouldn’t want to be spending money in his pub to be honest.”
Yep old mate sounds all class... unlike the scruffy red Irishman...

Amazing post mate.

Sorry @BOZO , love ya bro, and respect your opinion, but this take, I'm really not on board with, mate. I know, I struggle with anxiety, depression, stress on a daily basis, and get in some really dark places - and I mean DARK.

Different triggers for each individual is real (as @Snake alluded to) , and affects them as much as a different type of trigger affects someone else.
Good morning mate and I have mutual respect for you as well

I am sorry to hear about your mental condition struggles as I have a family member that is doing it tough with the dark place

In my post I was not referring mental toughness to people with underlying conditions

I was referring to peoples weak characters with out those conditions

The fact is feeling sorry for your self is sign of weak character

All people that have studied on self development will know this fact

Have great day mate . The best medicine for dark places is to try and tune in to the positive bright side of life . I know it is not easy to focus on a positive light when you are in a dark place but no big reward comes from anything that it easy

How much is Flanagan being payed a year? He’s lost his spot for now due to repeated poor performances. Show a bit of resilience and cop it on the chin. Instead of having a cry take ownership and say “I need to do better and this will motivate me to work harder to earn my spot back in the side”! Maybe that’s a bit harsh but fair go I’m over these entitled footballers who earn a bucket load of $$ to play footy.
Would help if he had decent players around him rather than blame him!!! I thought he was going quite well at the Roosters before they dumped him & now SuperCoach Barrett decides to make Flanagan the scapegoat for his own poor coaching…..

Would help if he had decent players around him rather than blame him!!! I thought he was going quite well at the Roosters before they dumped him & now SuperCoach Barrett decides to make Flanagan the scapegoat for his own poor coaching…..
Yeah his kicks in general play have been pretty ordinary tho... and it went next level bad last Sunday...

He had like 4 attacking kicks inside the 20 and I dont think any of them even made the in-goal (and one was like 3m over the sideline on the full)...

He is not Robinson crusoe out there but Baz was right to hook him and he needs to get some confidence back in reserves imo...

Wakeham back this week and will be interesting to see how he goes because he has gone through a similar (but not as high profile) loss of form previously...

Yeah I didn’t think he was terrible at Easts either. He’s playing ordinary at dogs but so is there whole team! I don’t really understand the logic tho in dropping your main half. I’d think it be better just to play through the slump in form and share the load a bit more with the 6.

Famous last words ......

Kyle Flanagan signs with Bulldogs on monster three-year deal

Trent Barrett has a huge opinion of Flanagan, who was let go by the Roosters despite helping the club to week two of the finals in his first season with the tricolours.

The former Test and NSW State of Origin half, the playmaker believes his game can go to the next level.

The moral of the story..........

The over rated Trent has done what he does best and has taken his major off season signing to the next level demoralizing him and demoting him to NSW cup level

Last edited:
He has taken the Bulldogs club to an all time low!
Master of destruction.
This Bulldog CEO article was in the beginning of the year full of promise and high hopes the Master of Disaster Trent would Bring to the Bulldogs

The Bulldog CEO fool should have known it would also the beginning of the end for the Bulldogs.........

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to sign someone of the quality of Flanagan:

It is fantastic news for our Members and fans that we have been able to add someone of the class of Kyle to our squad.
He is a quality all-round footballer, who will bring game management and a strong kicking component to our halves, as well as having the potential to grow as a player under Trent Barrett and his coaching staff.

We are putting together a squad that has the right qualities and everyone is excited about getting back together for the pre-season in what we believe is a new beginning for the club.

We can't wait for Kyle to be a part of that."

In one of my posts I was talking about weaknesses in characters

One was to start feeling sorry for our selves

Another weakness in ones Character is

Weak people make excuses

Strong people become accountable . They roll up their sleeves and start accomplishing

Trent is blaming his marquee off season singing . The one he said had so much potential and ability . Where is Trents accountability in bringing the best out of him ?

As usual Trent has no accountability and is losing his credibility

Trent is very popular with the media as they always over see his flaws and always pump him up

Those media fools are pumping up a flat tire

Where was this sympathy when Flanagan was dropped several times by the Roosters last year, then kicked out of the club with a year left on his contract?

I think the true test for Twenty will be in 2022.

So I’ll let my opinion rest until then.

He’ll have some very good players on deck then so it’ll be a far better judge of how he’s going.
Why? He failed while coaching Penrith's record setting Toyota Cup team - then he failed at Manly. Now, after adding Cotric, Allen, Flanagan, Hetherington, Stimson and with Thompson available - he's taken the Dogs backwards from where they were last year. How does Barrett get yet ANOTHER pass? What has he EVER achieved as a coach?

Meanwhile, actual coaches who have won premierships are feeling the heat. Guys who's team's are sitting above Teflon Trent on the ladder.

Barrett's Bulldogs are stone motherless last. It's mind boggling to me how the media and general public at large continue giving him more time. Maybe it is the old adage that a broken clock is right twice a day, who knows?

He has started this campaign with the best facilities, plenty of coaching support, and an open cheque book. It has amounted to him achieving the WORST record by any Canterbury side since their inaugural season.

His winning record as a coach is pathetic. The other coaches must shake their heads in wonderment.

Will then be further excuses in 2022 as to why judgment should be deferred to 2023? He has been at the helm for 82 first grade games with only 30 wins at 36.6%. Hardly inspiring in my book. This record is going to get worse by seasons end at around 30%. Can't see him keeping the job post 2022. Clearly the dogs don't consider it a results driven business.

I think the true test for Twenty will be in 2022.

So I’ll let my opinion rest until then.

He’ll have some very good players on deck then so it’ll be a far better judge of how he’s going.
Yes I understand your reasons. If your going to give him that leeway then if he can't improve the dogs position with the players coming in 2022 he should be judged harsher than any other coach.
Surely the media love affair would have to see through Mr Charisma then

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4