'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Remember when Trent took over the Sea Eagles and announced to the world that DCE was going to be Manly's Johnathon Thurston. That Cherry was going to pop up all over the paddock and run the team and the game. Other teams just targeted Cherry.

I wounder if Trent thinks that coaching is just getting the team fit and assigning the job of organizing the team and running the game to someone on the field. The way a lot of people seem to think that NFL works.

I wounder if Trent thinks that coaching is just getting the team fit and assigning the job of organizing the team and running the game to someone on the field. The way a lot of people seem to think that NFL works.
Yeah, nah - T. Baz has just been unlucky that he's never had a really good assistant coach to do all the work. Somebody like that bloke who was responsible for the Panther's attack last year would be good.

Said once before - for a team that had a "War chest" the signings are bewildering...

Cotrick - great at the end of a Super Raiders backline, but a waste outside poor service.
Flanagan - Hot and cold and a speed bump in defence, need consistency and defence
Hetherington - Agressive but gives away 4-5 penalties a game and loses ball often
Allan - Another from a hot backline at Souths, a finisher getting little opportunity
Waddell - NSw Cup player who adds depth, no leadership qualities

This was Barretts calls, so can't play the card of not having input.

The ONLY signing I reckon is Great...is Burton from the Panthers who is a great potential and if he doesn't backflip, will likely wish he did.
Someone on NRL 360 said that Burton can't backflip as they changed the rules so players only have a 10 day cooling off period after signing a contract.

Trent Barrett doesn’t appear to have a coaching code with Ivan Cleary like the one Trent Robinson maintains he has with the new Sharks coach Craig Fitzgibbon.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported Barrett’s Bulldogs are set to target off-contract Panthers duo Kurt Capewell and Brent Naden.

A former Panthers assistant, Barrett has already lured young gun playmaker Matt Burton to Belmore, despite maintaining he wouldn’t raid the Panthers’ playing stocks when he took over at the Bulldogs.

- I'm not sure if 'targeting off contract players' could be considered poaching.... but who am I to argue with those intellectual giants in the sports journo world?

I'm almost looking forward to the Sharks v Bulldogs game as much as the Manly v Tigers. Popcorn, beers, fire crackling - can't wait.

Trent should try and sign the All Black from under the Roosters noses. Surely his world-class assistant could put a good word in. It might improve their attack.

Quoted from the Kennel.....

###Personally I think the system he runs not really matching the roster we have I think the system he runs is hit or miss in regards to a roaming halfback the side isn’t playing direct or into the line enough and the middles are weak as piss in defence'###

Direct quote from the Kennel pretty well sums up TBaz and in my opinion goes somewhat to explain The fall away DCE has had after the Barret years....

Trying to take a direct structured runner which DCE was and make him a roaming JT type in everything player really did destroy his game.

I remember Tbaz speaking when he first took over on how he was going to 'free' Cherry up and make him a roaming JT. Worked out **** that time didnt it....

Hes doing the same at the dogs. Obviously has a one plan stan mentality and it just doesnt work witbout the right players.

Trent Barrett doesn’t appear to have a coaching code with Ivan Cleary like the one Trent Robinson maintains he has with the new Sharks coach Craig Fitzgibbon.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported Barrett’s Bulldogs are set to target off-contract Panthers duo Kurt Capewell and Brent Naden.

A former Panthers assistant, Barrett has already lured young gun playmaker Matt Burton to Belmore, despite maintaining he wouldn’t raid the Panthers’ playing stocks when he took over at the Bulldogs.

- I'm not sure if 'targeting off contract players' could be considered poaching.... but who am I to argue with those intellectual giants in the sports journo world?
Sign for the next Penrith game:

Hey Kurt don't try and blow our Turbo

When Trent took over Manly we had a strong team structure and a winning culture, It took him a while to dismantle that. Green showed up with natural flair and a strong work ethic he'd picked up in Melbourne, which made it even harder for T Baz to grind Manly down.

At the dogs he's started with team that was already disheartened and disorganization and he has been able to destroy them so much the sooner.

Trent may turn out to be a great coach. I may win gold in synchronized swimming at the Brisbane Olympics. That's the lovely thing about the work "may".

When Trent took over Manly we had a strong team structure and a winning culture, It took him a while to dismantle that. Green showed up with natural flair and a strong work ethic he'd picked up in Melbourne, which made it even harder for T Baz to grind Manly down.

At the dogs he's started with team that was already disheartened and disorganization and he has been able to destroy them so much the sooner.

Trent may turn out to be a great coach. I may win gold in synchronized swimming at the Brisbane Olympics. That's the lovely thing about the work "may".
You are selling him short.
He also took the winning Penrith under 20's to the bottom.
However they quickly rebuilt once he left.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4