'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And by the look a more than competitive dragons team who have won 3/4
Yeah but their 3 wins were against us, the cows and an Knights team that got beaten by the tigpies in R3 - plus they only got over the top of the Knights once Hoy, Mann and Pearce had all gone off injured...

StMerge are going better than last year but Manly and the cows can make any team seem like superstars atm...

That may be what 2021 is reduced to but who knows, get a few wins back and we may just turn things around a little. If fainu is cleared as well, there is a lot more light at the end of the tunnel (or even in the middle, like a skylight) here than at the dogs. It’s depressing even looking at the kennel, I feel pretty bad for them.

I think we have the core of a good side, and this off season is the first where des can really shakeup the makeup of the side and balance it (eg taupau going, money toward second-row and Brown, hopefully releasing almost all the off-contract players, new winger hopefully). I think we can make something of 2021, but if not, than im almost certain we will be a bigger force in 2022. Roosters, Storm, probably Raiders falling somewhat in 2022 as well.

As for the dogs, and a few other teams I think they have a longer haul back up. But who knows, how this season plays out for us will be telling.
Agreed - spot on

But - if you believe what's been published over the past couple of weeks about the players we are looking to bring to the club - and if you look at some of the juniors coming through - we just need to sneak through this year, and maybe next, and we could be on the brink of a new golden age.
Absolutely correct - 10 players off contract at the end of this year! That doesn't count Marty who might move on and Fainu who is likely to be unavailable. DCE and Foran gone at the end of 22.

My mistake. I got my Ms mixed up.
I meant that hyphenated Canterbury forward who is currently injured; something-Mariner.
Point is: They have quite a few good players to come back and unless we improve we won't beat them.
You are right .. and - Mariner is their best forward I think. Jackson and Thompson walk into our pack also.

They have shown more effort than us but the backline is awful. Be a close game.

Where’s the king Barrett lover?...
gone vewy vewy quiet.
Any ideas @Kevinward777 ?
View attachment 17607
Some of us didnt blame Twent for the Manly clusterf*ck but could not give a f*ck about him now he is not at Manly...

This may blow your mind but I couldnt give a f*ck about Des when he was at dogs either... actually I still struggle to give a f*ck about Des...

Turns out that Twent ISN'T a wonder coach and Manly IS a clusterf*ck (even with a 'super' coach at the helm)...

what do you know, we were all right...

Wow, you are writing off his Bulldogs tenure after 4 games? I'd hate to work for you!

Keep your powder dry, Woodsie...

Haha .. still ahead of us in the comp ...

Already bought two of the best recruits for next year in Burton and JAC ... with more money to spend ...

They get Thompson, Josh Jackson and Watene-Zelezniak back this week .. with Crighton and Joyden Okunbor still out injured ..

All in all I would think things are looking better for them over over the next few years ..

Poor Kevvie the flea and his untrained yap dog Batty are obsessed with Barrett and taking cheap shots at me ... can't blame them ... keeps their minds off their own Champion Dessie and their wild predictions of Universal success ...

The great attacking mastermind coach who now holds the record of the worst attacking team since 1928!!!

What an imposter.

Brought over to fix their lack of attack from Dean Pay and the SuperCoach has only offered a 93yr old record...

So @Moops if you also broke a 93yr old record at work for not doing the job you were employed to do - yes you wouldn’t want to work for me.
No problems, after telling me in the interview that I had 4 days/weeks to fix your horribly underperforming business, I would tell you to shove it
Sorry Batty I wouldn't WANT to work for you.

I am not afraid to call out Manly's two-time premiership winning coach. I have been making my disappointment known these past two weeks. I see you're still defending Baz though. You're clutching at straws and dribbling blood, like a final utterance from a fast dying heart. It's very entertaining.
Kev, I guess somebody's going to be right. I will give Barrett until mid next season to make a judgement on him. They do have a fair few players unavailable at the moment and will have JAC and Burton heading their way next year. They at least seem to be moving in a forward direction, as opposed to us who seem to be standing still. Do we have a plan, except for hoping to be rescued by Turbo, waiting for DCE to be off our books at the end of 2023, or hope that a bunch of 18 year olds come good?

What’s sex?
This might spark a memory

sexy real housewives GIF by RealityTVGIFs

He’s actually been there (in charge) as head coach for 21 weeks.... but hey - don’t let facts get you down.
If they were top of the table... (uneducated) people would be singing his praises.

Id have some understanding if he had just lost the 4 games... but the fact they havent scored a single point in over 4hrs of footy is hilarious.

Baz - the record setter.

Imposter coach.
As I have said many times before, I guess time will tell, huh? One of us will be right old son...

Kev, I guess somebody's going to be right. I will give Barrett until mid next season to make a judgement on him. They do have a fair few players unavailable at the moment and will have JAC and Burton heading their way next year. They at least seem to be moving in a forward direction, as opposed to us who seem to be standing still. Do we have a plan, except for hoping to be rescued by Turbo, waiting for DCE to be off our books at the end of 2023, or hope that a bunch of 18 year olds come good?
I gave Baz a couple of seasons here but he was crap. Still is crap.

Not sure if I only blame Barrett for the horrible Dogs performances, but I will say they seemed more tenacious under Dean Pay, especially defensively...
But with this apparent War chest, I feel he has been way off the mark
Cotric was a great winger at Canberra but got great service inside to give opportunities, now at the unfamiliar centre and its " there have the ball and do ya best"
Flanagan maybe a decent half, but Roosters don't send em packing without reason and besides a few glimpses of talent , looks niggly and not in control
Hetherington though strong and Overly aggressive is a timebomb and good for 3-4 key errors a game
IF they get Burton, is no doubt a top signing, but with every bit of money to spend....I reckon he has missed the mark so far

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4