'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's funny KW because you hate TB because he held Manly bosses accountable for failing to deliver on their promises but you are not holding Des accountable for persevering with a losing program...
I hold them all accountable for the part they play... Barrett failed to deliver results in 2018 but did well in 2017... Des did well in 2011 but has failed to deliver this year... Manlys backroom did well pre-2011 and have been an absolute disaster since...

History repeating
Eyebrows have been raised about the appointment of Dan Ferris as the Bulldogs new conditioner. He was with Trent Barrett at Manly when everything went south. Ferris and Willie Peters got into an infamous fight during a drinking session in The Rocks after Peters had finally had enough of his treatment at the Sea Eagles. We keep wanting to believe that Barrett has learnt from his previous errors. The jury is out.

From Weidler this morning. Gotta say, even I'm a little gobsmacked. The ego has landed.

Lol... I always find it so amusing when people surmise what another person’s life is like from an opinion they have posted in a footy forum. Like reading tea leaves after a cuppa.

The reasons for my Barrett loathing have been clearly stated on multiple occasions but you brigade boys just refuse to acknowledge what I post. So I’ll give another very quick summary.

1 He’s a farkin sook.
2 He’s a farkin quitter.
3 He’s a farkin Goon.
4 He’s a farkin excuses man.
5 His coaching record is farkin ****e.
6 He’s won farkin nothing.

Des Hasler on the other hand.
1,000 x agree.

I just hate the cxxt. Just about every week I hated watching his Manly team play. Might be irrational but it is what it is.

History repeating
Eyebrows have been raised about the appointment of Dan Ferris as the Bulldogs new conditioner. He was with Trent Barrett at Manly when everything went south. Ferris and Willie Peters got into an infamous fight during a drinking session in The Rocks after Peters had finally had enough of his treatment at the Sea Eagles. We keep wanting to believe that Barrett has learnt from his previous errors. The jury is out.

From Weidler this morning. Gotta say, even I'm a little gobsmacked. The ego has landed.
Does the Canterbury board ever stop to think, ‘Gee, recruiting Ferris was pretty easy! I wonder if the GC crowd were happy to see the back of him for the second time in five seasons?’

Andrew Webster commenting on the Footy Show about the turmoil with the Board and behind the scenes at the Dogs:

"It'll be interesting to see how Barrett handles the backroom drama when he gets to the Dogs. He had difficulty handling the Sea Eagles' dramas and the Dogs' situation is on another level entirely....and that's saying something!" (or words to that effect) :rofl:

We neglect I suspect the experience he has now had, which he may have learned from, or may not have. If he has he will be better able to handle the dramas, though can any coach handle things out of their control in the club's administration? Time will tell, but Barrett may have learned a thing or two during his stay at Manly. He's no longer just the novice coach. Will be interesting to see what he has taken out of his previous experiences. As with most things I'll reserve judgement.

We neglect I suspect the experience he has now had, which he may have learned from, or may not have. If he has he will be better able to handle the dramas, though can any coach handle things out of their control in the club's administration? Time will tell, but Barrett may have learned a thing or two during his stay at Manly. He's no longer just the novice coach. Will be interesting to see what he has taken out of his previous experiences. As with most things I'll reserve judgement.
Time will tell, but Barrett may have learned a thing or two during his stay at Manly ???

If he really learned anything he would have stayed away from getting into a volatile club where knives are been thrown from all angles.

He is still the best lookin coach..
ec5a09d1f6ceccc5868362e00d497f0b.gif

Haha his press conference was Barrett gold. Nothings changed. He's already complaining about the referees and its only round one. Old Baz is going to be making a call to Glen on Monday for clarification around the six again rule. He did say that's not an excuse at least six times. You'd think he would have saved that one for, i dunno, round three.

He appears to be even more handsome than when he was with us. Lovely manicured hands which he flashed in front of the cameras, a sun kissed complexion, perfect white teeth, and not a hair out of place.

Stay tuned for next week when he goes up against the team he "guided into the grand final." Its bound to be comical.

That's all folks!

Last edited:
Gonna be a long year for Barrett's puppies. That spine is average and that forward pack is ass. Two young halves and young fullback.
And their backline is good on paper, but in reality Hopoate is past it, DWZ is more rocks than diamonds and Allan is quiet. I don’t think Flanagan is as good a signing as people have expected. He went pretty bad/average in a top class roosters side alongside a great half in Keary.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4