'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's conjecture Woodsie unless you were there. Certainly strange that it was only at the Sea Eagles Hastings had such terrible problems
He fell out with the senior roosters players b4 Manly @Bearfax and they sent him packing to Wyong Roos b4 releasing him from his final year contract to join us (thanks a f*ckin LOT)...

Full disclosure... I couldnt stand the guy b4 he arrived at Brookie and he did nothing to change my mind... had skills but no grit and a big mouth... nothing on his old man who was the opposite...

Agree... except for wright... kid needed to work on defence but could, and still CAN, play... oh well, que sera sera...

My personal opinion was that he was not mentally mature or mentally tough enough ... a lot of age superstars have trouble adjusting from cruising through games making plenty of big plays .... to the 79 mins of physical grind in the NRL with the opportunity of 1 min of stardom ...

But like you ... that is just opinion ... I think he is much better off back at Union ... and good luck to him ...

That's conjecture Woodsie unless you were there. Certainly strange that it was only at the Sea Eagles Hastings had such terrible problems

No it's not Bear ....

Hastings himself says this ....

Former Sydney Roosters half Jackson Hastings has described his exit from the club as "rubbish" after being thrown a lifeline to resurrect his NRL career with Manly.

Hastings, the son of former club legend Kevin "Horrie" Hastings", fell out of favour with the senior players last season and was banished to the Wyong Roos in the NSW Cup.

He was eventually released from the final year of his contract and signed with the Sea Eagles.

"It's been well documented that I had a run-in with a few different people and it's just sad the way it all ended at the Roosters," Hastings said.

"I wish it didn't end like that.

My personal opinion was that he was not mentally mature or mentally tough enough ... a lot of age superstars have trouble adjusting from cruising through games making plenty of big plays .... to the 79 mins of physical grind in the NRL with the opportunity of 1 min of stardom ...

But like you ... that is just opinion ... I think he is much better off back at Union ... and good luck to him ...
Agree... he probably wasn't ready at that time but I reckon he would rip it up now as he has bulked up a fair bit...

Somewhere along the track it seems by implication I am saying things about the Barrett-Hastings issue when I'm not.

No 1 Hastings was ONLY sacked from Manly. The Roosters allowed him to break his contract to join Manly. Robinson said quite clearly Hastings is basically a good guy who he hadn't known to do the wrong thing, but he had some trouble with fitting with the team. Certainly he was dropped at Sydney City and partly because of some personality reasons. But it was also because Sydney City had brought players in and Hastings saw himself dropped down the pecking order. That was reported. He wasn't sacked, he was given permission to break his contract to join Manly.

No 2. I never said Hastings didn't have problems. But I also pointed out how little game time he was getting. The kid came to Manly hoping for a chance because he was not getting any game time at the Roosters, when they brought in new players. Whatever the issues were between he and Barrett and DCE must be taken into the context of coming to Manly for a chance, and seemingly not getting it. I would would be frustrated if that was happening to me and I knew I had the skills, which his time in England has shown he has outstanding skills.

No 3 Like had been happening before there were obviously divisions appearing between players. Lane also was in conflict and I understand took Hastings side and what I've heard how Hastings was treated was one of the reasons Lane left. Hardly the first time when you consider what's been happening in the past ten years. Its happened from time to time well in the past. Have we forgotten the Vautin issue. But this was the first time I've heard of a Manly player being kicked out for 'personality' reasons.

I'm not saying Hastings didnt have problems. But they were far less than some players with their outside activities, but they can be forgiven. Barrett in my opinion lost control and a few other players including Taupau were apparently about to leave. It was a situation you would never see Hasler face. Hasler might have unusual selection policies, but he knows how to handle players and I doubt that the Wright/Hastings issues would have ended in the way they did..

Somewhere along the track it seems by implication I am saying things about the Barrett-Hastings issue when I'm not.

No 1 Hastings was ONLY sacked from Manly. The Roosters allowed him to break his contract to join Manly. Robinson said quite clearly Hastings is basically a good guy who he hadn't known to do the wrong thing, but he had some trouble with fitting with the team. Certainly he was dropped at Sydney City and partly because of some personality reasons. But it was also because Sydney City had brought players in and Hastings saw himself dropped down the pecking order. That was reported. He wasn't sacked, he was given permission to break his contract to join Manly.

No 2. I never said Hastings didn't have problems. But I also pointed out how little game time he was getting. The kid came to Manly hoping for a chance because he was not getting any game time at the Roosters, when they brought in new players. Whatever the issues were between he and Barrett and DCE must be taken into the context of coming to Manly for a chance, and seemingly not getting it. I would would be frustrated if that was happening to me and I knew I had the skills, which his time in England has shown he has outstanding skills.

No 3 Like had been happening before there were obviously divisions appearing between players. Lane also was in conflict and I understand took Hastings side and what I've heard how Hastings was treated was one of the reasons Lane left. Hardly the first time when you consider what's been happening in the past ten years. Its happened from time to time well in the past. Have we forgotten the Vautin issue. But this was the first time I've heard of a Manly player being kicked out for 'personality' reasons.

I'm not saying Hastings didnt have problems. But they were far less than some players with their outside activities, but they can be forgiven. Barrett in my opinion lost control and a few other players including Taupau were apparently about to leave. It was a situation you would never see Hasler face. Hasler might have unusual selection policies, but he knows how to handle players and I doubt that the Wright/Hastings issues would have ended in the way they did..
That's a lot of conjecture... unless of course you were there ;)
My point was that it was reported Hastings fell out with senior players at Roosters and then the same happened here... Lane took a better offer at Parra and Marty always stated he wanted to stay - they are all facts, unless you can demonstrate otherwise

That's a lot of conjecture... unless of course you were there ;)
My point was that it was reported Hastings fell out with senior players at Roosters and then the same happened here... Lane took a better offer at Parra and Marty always stated he wanted to stay - they are all facts, unless you can demonstrate otherwise

I can only say what I read Frank, just as you are raising items that you have read. I'm just trying to get it all in perspective. Hastings had problems, but were they bad enough to sack him? There just seems a lot of Hastings and DCE bashing at the moment, which is sad because DCE has taken on a major task with a side struggling to maintain consistency and battles on without complaint. Hastings may have spat the dummy but he was a good player and handled right I think he could have been a real asset. Instead he's playing for England in the tests and won the equivalent of the Dally M. last year. Am I being so wrong in questioning that.

Last edited:
No it's not Bear ....

Hastings himself says this ....

Former Sydney Roosters half Jackson Hastings has described his exit from the club as "rubbish" after being thrown a lifeline to resurrect his NRL career with Manly.

Hastings, the son of former club legend Kevin "Horrie" Hastings", fell out of favour with the senior players last season and was banished to the Wyong Roos in the NSW Cup.

He was eventually released from the final year of his contract and signed with the Sea Eagles.

"It's been well documented that I had a run-in with a few different people and it's just sad the way it all ended at the Roosters," Hastings said.

"I wish it didn't end like that.
And your “mate” told you how the Goons paid for his taxi to go and play for the Roosters in 2013... don’t forget that reliable fact which you have based your conjecture upon.

I can only say what I read Frank, just as you are raising items that you have read. I'm just trying to get it all in perspective. Hastings had problems, but were they bad enough to sack him? There just seems a lot of Hastings and DCE bashing at the moment, which is sad because DCE has taken on a major task with a side struggling to maintain consistency and battles on without complaint. Hastings may have spat the dummy but he was a good player and handled right I think he could have been a real asset. Instead he's playing for England in the tests and won the equivalent of the Dally M. last year. Am I being so wrong in questioning that.
Fair comment... I did disclose that I never liked Hastings :)
I love DCE tho and wont hear a bad word that CnC says about him lol...
I know I sound like I'm a barrett fan but really I just think he drank from a poisoned chalice and too many Manly fans want to plaster over the cracks in our culture and systems by blaming Barrett-the-blow-in...
He made mistakes sure, but so did many others since 2011...

Fair comment... I did disclose that I never liked Hastings :)
I love DCE tho and wont hear a bad word that CnC says about him lol...
I know I sound like I'm a barrett fan but really I just think he drank from a poisoned chalice and too many Manly fans want to plaster over the cracks in our culture and systems by blaming Barrett-the-blow-in...
He made mistakes sure, but so did many others since 2011...
You also posted that you were a Dessie fan before the NZ game and then started a thread calling for his sacking last night. Then you doubled down on it all again this morning without the excuse of intoxication. Thank fcuk you ain’t running the joint.

And yes you do come across as a Barrett fan... a VERY big one in fact. But wash to their own.

Last edited:
You also posted that you were a Dessie fan before the NZ game and then started a thread calling for his sacking last night. Then you doubled down on it all again this morning without the excuse of intoxication. Thank fcuk you ain’t running the joint.

And yes you do come across as a Barrett fan... a VERY big one in fact. But wash to their own.
I have never questioned Barretts failings once KW... I just choose not to blame everything on him because it makes me feel good... your obsession with the guys looks is creepy and makes me suspect you always had to watch the other guy get the girl...

I said I dont blame des for our failings as the team is letting him down BUT I DO hold him ACCOUNTABLE for team selections and his inability to stand down non-performing players to try youngsters or just to inspire better effort.. and loaning Hoppa instead of playing him is too much...

If this was 'pretty-boy' TB with his 'big eyes' making these decisions and losing 5 of 7 (against sh*te teams like dragons, warriors and sharks) to drop out of finals contention than you would be going troppo..

but Barrett is gone so I guess this must be what you think success looks like...

I have never questioned Barretts failings once KW... I just choose not to blame everything on him because it makes me feel good... your obsession with the guys looks is creepy and makes me suspect you always had to watch the other guy get the girl...

I said I dont blame des for our failings as the team is letting him down BUT I DO hold him ACCOUNTABLE for team selections and his inability to stand down non-performing players to try youngsters or just to inspire better effort.. and loaning Hoppa instead of playing him is too much...

If this was 'pretty-boy' TB with his 'big eyes' making these decisions and losing 5 of 7 (against sh*te teams like dragons, warriors and sharks) to drop out of finals contention than you would be going troppo..

but Barrett is gone so I guess this must be what you think success looks like...
Lol... I always find it so amusing when people surmise what another person’s life is like from an opinion they have posted in a footy forum. Like reading tea leaves after a cuppa.

The reasons for my Barrett loathing have been clearly stated on multiple occasions but you brigade boys just refuse to acknowledge what I post. So I’ll give another very quick summary.

1 He’s a farkin sook.
2 He’s a farkin quitter.
3 He’s a farkin Goon.
4 He’s a farkin excuses man.
5 His coaching record is farkin ****e.
6 He’s won farkin nothing.

Des Hasler on the other hand.

Lol... I always find it so amusing when people surmise what another person’s life is like from an opinion they have posted in a footy forum. Like reading tea leaves after a cuppa.

The reasons for my Barrett loathing have been clearly stated on multiple occasions but you brigade boys just refuse to acknowledge what I post. So I’ll give another very quick summary.

1 He’s a farkin sook.
2 He’s a farkin quitter.
3 He’s a farkin Goon.
4 He’s a farkin excuses man.
5 His coaching record is farkin ****e.
6 He’s won farkin nothing.

Des Hasler on the other hand.
You forgot...

7. Hes too pretty

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6