'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Young Hastings is braining it over in the UK and now has several options as far as NRL clubs are concerned. I guess he wasn’t as fortunate as DCE and Cleary who both owe their careers to the assistant.

Amassing what being sacked by three clubs .... a bit of maturity .... and Jesus can do .... wish him every success .... but I would put a quid against it ...

Hope Trent does well. Hope he doesn't pinch too many players. I'm sure there may already be talk going on behind the scenes (Schuster, Hopoate, Walker, Fainu & others). We need to keep our quality youth.

Players seemed to love the guy.

Hope Trent does well. Hope he doesn't pinch too many players. I'm sure there may already be talk going on behind the scenes (Schuster, Hopoate, Walker, Fainu & others). We need to keep our quality youth.

Players seemed to love the guy.

The young guys luved Twent as he gave really good hair grooming tips.

Amassing what being sacked by three clubs .... a bit of maturity .... and Jesus can do .... wish him every success .... but I would put a quid against it ...

Woodsie, I've heard this fallacy from other sources before. Fake News I'm afraid. The only club he was 'sacked' from was the Sea Eagles. Robinson said clearly that his reason for leaving the Roosters, the only other NRL first grade side he played for (he played juniors at St George and was pursued by several clubs including St George for his signature) was because Jake Friend was hooker and they had a few other hooking options and Keary at 5/8. Hastings moved to Manly for opportunity that he never got. By the way he won SuperLeague player of the year in 2019. He's played one match so far for the Great Britain side.

Woodsie, I've heard this fallacy from other sources before. Fake News I'm afraid. The only club he was 'sacked' from was the Sea Eagles. Robinson said clearly that his reason for leaving the Roosters, the only other NRL first grade side he played for (he played juniors at St George and was pursued by several clubs including St George for his signature) was because Jake Friend was hooker and they had a few other hooking options and Keary at 5/8. Hastings moved to Manly for opportunity that he never got. By the way he won SuperLeague player of the year in 2019. He's played one match so far for the Great Britain side.

And yet Hastings says this ....

Former Sydney Roosters half Jackson Hastings has described his exit from the club as "rubbish" after being thrown a lifeline to resurrect his NRL career with Manly.

Hastings, the son of former club legend Kevin "Horrie" Hastings", fell out of favour with the senior players last season and was banished to the Wyong Roos in the NSW Cup.

He was eventually released from the final year of his contract and signed with the Sea Eagles.

"It's been well documented that I had a run-in with a few different people and it's just sad the way it all ended at the Roosters," Hastings said.

"I wish it didn't end like that.

And yet Hastings says this ....

Former Sydney Roosters half Jackson Hastings has described his exit from the club as "rubbish" after being thrown a lifeline to resurrect his NRL career with Manly.

Hastings, the son of former club legend Kevin "Horrie" Hastings", fell out of favour with the senior players last season and was banished to the Wyong Roos in the NSW Cup.

He was eventually released from the final year of his contract and signed with the Sea Eagles.

"It's been well documented that I had a run-in with a few different people and it's just sad the way it all ended at the Roosters," Hastings said.

"I wish it didn't end like that.

Woodsie, I think Barrett had potential as shown in his first year. But when the pressure was on in 2018 he lost it. We on this forum kept saying his selections and tactics were damaging to the side. Wasn't hard to see even for an amateur.

For example I recall that match where Wright scored that brilliant try. The play though was sent to the other side all game over and over again and saw Kelly crowded and a number of times forced over the side line line. I remember in myself saying St George are alert to the play and they should send it the other way. But they kept playing it that direction over and again with some crazy moves including Turbo making a break and for some reason passing it out to Kelly when he could have fallen over the line. Kelly was forced over the side line.

Tactically, the team looked a mess of predictability all season. And then rather than just give Hastings a quick kick and bring him back a few games later after the DCE incident, Barrett in what seemed one of the most inane decisions I can recall refused to play him There may have been some behind the scenes issues, but I can think of no reason for total exile. We even keep players with criminal convictions. Like his refusal to give Wright reasonable game time, he similarly stuck his heels in and refused to play Hastings for the rest of the season, even though it was patently obvious they needed attacking players. And Hastings and Wright had that talent kind of attack.

I'm no football coach but I've watched enough League to know what is working and what is not. Most on this forum are probably the same. What Barrett did that year was nonsensical. If Hastings had stayed we may not have ended in as dire circumstances as we now are. He was much better than Levi.

Woodsie, I think Barrett had potential as shown in his first year. But when the pressure was on in 2018 he lost it. We on this forum kept saying his selections and tactics were damaging to the side. Wasn't hard to see even for an amateur.

For example I recall that match where Wright scored that brilliant try. The play though was sent to the other side all game over and over again and saw Kelly crowded and a number of times forced over the side line line. I remember in myself saying St George are alert to the play and they should send it the other way. But they kept playing it that direction over and again with some crazy moves including Turbo making a break and for some reason passing it out to Kelly when he could have fallen over the line. Kelly was forced over the side line.

Tactically, the team looked a mess of predictability all season. And then rather than just give Hastings a quick kick and bring him back a few games later after the DCE incident, Barrett in what seemed one of the most inane decisions I can recall refused to play him There may have been some behind the scenes issues, but I can think of no reason for total exile. We even keep players with criminal convictions. Like his refusal to give Wright reasonable game time, he similarly stuck his heels in and refused to play Hastings for the rest of the season, even though it was patently obvious they needed attacking players. And Hastings and Wright had that talent kind of attack.

I'm no football coach but I've watched enough League to know what is working and what is not. Most on this forum are probably the same. What Barrett did that year was nonsensical. If Hastings had stayed we may not have ended in as dire circumstances as we now are. He was much better than Levi.

That is a wonderful narrative ... but ... seeing as Barrett was the only bloke to drive to Wyong ... in Hastings own words .... throw him a lifeline ..... then brought him into 1sts .... only to send him back to reggies for reported "personality" clashes .... not once ... not twice ... but 3 times .... Barrett must have the patience of a Saint .... only to culminate in the normal level headed clean skin Captain of the team having a blowup with him late at night in the team hotel ..... at that point .... it was over .... or are you suggesting he should have dumped DCE instead ....

Barrett if guilty of anything ... was to take a risk trying to rehabiliate a congenital numbnut with a track record of personality issues ... Hastings went on to say he was too blame for his sacking at Manly .....

And as far as Wright goes ... please .... with only sketchy form in Reggies, he was given 5 opportunities in 1st's .... and with the exception of 1 try was forgetable and lamentable .... he was hooked in his last game for not even bothering to turn and chase ..... Wright had many skills ... but he wasn't a footballer ...

That is a wonderful narrative ... but ... seeing as Barrett was the only bloke to drive to Wyong ... in Hastings own words .... throw him a lifeline ..... then brought him into 1sts .... only to send him back to reggies for reported "personality" clashes .... not once ... not twice ... but 3 times .... Barrett must have the patience of a Saint .... only to culminate in the normal level headed clean skin Captain of the team having a blowup with him late at night in the team hotel ..... at that point .... it was over .... or are you suggesting he should have dumped DCE instead ....

Barrett if guilty of anything ... was to take a risk trying to rehabiliate a congenital numbnut with a track record of personality issues ... Hastings went on to say he was too blame for his sacking at Manly .....

And as far as Wright goes ... please .... with only sketchy form in Reggies, he was given 5 opportunities in 1st's .... and with the exception of 1 try was forgetable and lamentable .... he was hooked in his last game for not even bothering to turn and chase ..... Wright had many skills ... but he wasn't a footballer ...

That's conjecture Woodsie unless you were there. Certainly strange that it was only at the Sea Eagles Hastings had such terrible problems

Agree... except for wright... kid needed to work on defence but could, and still CAN, play... oh well, que sera sera...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4