'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trent Barrett is an Illawarra Goon who walked out on his troops by giving 12 months notice so that it would come into effect mid year the following season.

Trent Barrett aired Manly’s private business to a rival club while he was still our head coach. Something which no other leader in our history had done before.

Trent Barrett hijacked Manly’s success last year through the media by claiming credit for the squad. He did this for his own advantage. Can you imagine if Des had done this when Tooves made the GF in 2013.

Trent Barrett slagged the entire Sea Eagles organisation via his press cronies... putting crap on our “sub par” facilities. Creating a media sh1tstorm where everyone got to ridicule our demountable set up for weeks on end. Our sponsors must have been so delighted.

Trent Barrett’s greatest achievement as a coach to date is that the players love him. He’s won nothing. Zip, zero, zilch.

Trent Barrett came within a hairs breadth of delivering our very first wooden spoon.

Trent Barrett is now a Bulldog.

Does this mean he isnt on your Christmas Card list. I take it invitations to dinner parties are also on hold.@:cry:

Ummm Des took over in 2019 & had the same support staff as Barrett with Cartwright & Randall....yet had the team
playing pretty well!!! Yes he added a few legends but doesn’t mean Barrett couldn’t have done the same. If he was a good coach he’d have done better with what he had & not blame the whole world for his deficiencies. Des doesn't have any better facilities now yet has the team performing. Please stop making excuses for the guy.....he’s not in the same class of coach as Des.
I believe the issue is that Woodsie is not made of wood when it comes to Trenton.

I wonder if we combined all the TB threads, how close the combined thread would get to Foz's or DCE's thread? Unfortunately, TB would have to be a Top 5 most discussed topic, certainly in my time on this Forum.

Trent Barrett is an Illawarra Goon who walked out on his troops by giving 12 months notice so that it would come into effect mid year the following season.

Trent Barrett aired Manly’s private business to a rival club while he was still our head coach. Something which no other leader in our history had done before.

Trent Barrett hijacked Manly’s success last year through the media by claiming credit for the squad. He did this for his own advantage. Can you imagine if Des had done this when Tooves made the GF in 2013.

Trent Barrett slagged the entire Sea Eagles organisation via his press cronies... putting crap on our “sub par” facilities. Creating a media sh1tstorm where everyone got to ridicule our demountable set up for weeks on end. Our sponsors must have been so delighted.

Trent Barrett’s greatest achievement as a coach to date is that the players love him. He’s won nothing. Zip, zero, zilch.

Trent Barrett came within a hairs breadth of delivering our very first wooden spoon.

Actually, quite a few players thought Barrett was unprofessional in the way he coached the team.

Remember big Marty wanted out due to this, re-signed for Manly when Twent went and professional football coach and man mgr Des arrived.

I hold no grudge towards Barrett as I think he tried his best in the time he was here.

I'm not privy to everything that went on behind closed doors but what stuck in my craw was the way Gould was dripfeeding gossip to the media in the lead up to Barrett resigning.

IMO Gould was the puppet master behind the whole circus - convincing Bozo to give Barrett a chance at Manly, then planting ideas in Barrett's head about how his "brand" was being damaged by everything that was coming out in the media (stuff that Gould himself leaked to them after phone conversations with Barrett).

I think Barrett was naive & Gould took full advantage of the situation in engineering its outcome.

Didn't Gould even say in a recent article that it was his idea for Barrett to go & "make his rookie mistakes elsewhere" before returning to Penrith better for the experience?

I know there was plenty of revisionism in that article to make himself look like the Svengali he thinks he is, but I believe there's an element of truth to it.

If we are going to take it as gospel that he was not given sufficient resources (again his side of the story not what the Penns have said) then we also need to believe that the way he exited the club was far from ideal.

Giving 12 months notice as some form of power play in either an attempt to get your own way / potentially take up a job at the panthers (which was going at the time) is far from ideal.

Is he a good coach? I did not see enough in my time to suggest he is a top tier coach i.e. he might be good but, as the saying used to go, we do not tolerate mediocrity around here

Max ... Because he is smart and knows the value of a top support team ...Dessie added Donny Singe, Noel Cleal, Monnas, Matt Ballin, a sprint coach and a sports psychologist before the ink was dry on his contract in 2019.... and no Barrett couldn't do the same, he wasn't allowed to ... that was why he tendered his resignation ...
Not exactly right there Woodsie, they only stopped Barrett recruiting support staff when they knew he wanted to leave and go back to Riff before Cleary got the job. The club was aware of his intentions early on in 2018 way before his dummy spit about outdoor furniture

Pretty smart move and avoided a lot of redundancy payments.

Not exactly right there Woodsie, they only stopped Barrett recruiting support staff when they knew he wanted to leave and go back to Riff before Cleary got the job. The club was aware of his intentions early on in 2018 way before his dummy spit about outdoor furniture

Pretty smart move and avoided a lot of redundancy payments.
So the lack of support staff and training facilities trauma only started after he was already failing miserably. Didn't he start really failing when falling out with Bozo?

Max ... Because he is smart and knows the value of a top support team ...Dessie added Donny Singe, Noel Cleal, Monnas, Matt Ballin, a sprint coach and a sports psychologist before the ink was dry on his contract in 2019.... and no Barrett couldn't do the same, he wasn't allowed to ... that was why he tendered his resignation ...

As far as ... if Barrett was a good coach he'd have done better .... in 2017 he got a much less experienced squad to 6th .... which at this stage Dessie has only equaled with a more seasoned squad ...
Yeah but Baz chose his support team of ferris (conditioning) and his good mate Willie peters (assistant) ... and after they punched on with one another sided with ferris & Peters was let go.. finally he made Anthony Seibold "the ministry of defence" in 2015...now all of that's unforgivable in itself! :D

I love every word you wrote.. why? Because its the truth
Some still sticking up for this jackass need to read your post a couple times let it sink in and read it again

16 pages on this clown. All am worried about is his brain washing to try and get our cattle, a soft underbelly never be a first grade coach.

So an nrl teams pre season is all about resilience, digging in for your team mates, learning to deal with adversity and to never quit. Even when the ref, media and opposition are sh*tting all over you and nothing seems fair, you never quit. You hang in for your teammates. You do your club proud. The coaches job is to teach them that mentality. A rookie player that doesn't have these attributes and doesn't want to have a go for his team shouldn't be in the team right and probably doesnt end up making it. Barretts actions as a coach are the exact opposite of what he should have been trying to teach. He quit because it was too hard. Too unfair. He taught our boys that when the going gets tough, just ask for release and sign with a different club. He's a loser in every sense of the word. Happy to lose as long as there's a good excuse ready to go. The guy is a culture cancer, a sook and a quitter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4