'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow .... just in the last week ... I have heard Penrith, the team leading the comp, attribute a lot of their success to the attack coach, the defence coach and their staff ..... Robinson, the premiers for the past 2 years, came out and said his bald mate the assistant coach and his coaching staff have been a huge part of their success .... Bellamy at Melb, who haven't missed the Semi's in 16 years ... always have an abundance of talented assistant coaches ....

So, in your 1908 world ... a head coach, with a 36 man squad (development players ) in an 8 hour day .... can give ... wait for it .... 13.33 minutes of one on one time per player a day ....

Thank goodness Dessie agrees with me and has Carty, Monnas, Randal, Ballin, Donny ... along with Cleal, sprint coach, team Psychologist et al ....

Or maybe you are correct ... Penn should sack the lot of them and tell Dessie to do the coaching himself ....
You will be an Olympic class rower one day @Woodsie... and you will be able to attribute your success to the hours upon hours that you spent rowing against the ST current lol

True, but he does have have an ability to mesmerise certain folk. And his supporters become rusted on die hards who are incapable of seeing what is plainly obvious. Barretots (Male fans) and Barretotets (female fans.)

See ... this is why they have primary school ... so most people are taught reading and comprehension ...

The discussion is the value of a strong coaching staff ... and the fact that all the successful clubs and coaches have them .... not Barrett ...

But hey ... don't let that stop you from having your usual childish digs at Barrett ... I am sure he gets crushed every time you have a shot at him ...

When I die, I want to come back as a lollipop

tenor.gif

What amazes me about some who support old Baz is, they don’t mind sticking it to people who have actually done great things for our club.

Eg The Penn family- without whom there would be no Sea Eagles. (They also won the 2011 premiership.) Are they perfect? No, but they paid the bills when nobody else could.

The Fulton’s, Des, etc... there’s many other examples of this kind of stuff on here.

Yet, somehow, this outsider from the Goons who was around the joint for five minutes and did SFA, gets defended with spirit and passion. It’s mind blowing... I just don’t get it.

I detested Des when he left for the Dogs, and the bloke had just delivered us a premiership. F$&@ Barrett, he ain’t Manly and he never was.

Yet, somehow, this outsider from the Goons who was around the joint for five minutes and did SFA, gets defended with spirit and passion. It’s mind blowing... I just don’t get it.

You are correct you still don't get it ... (refer back to my suggestion you revisit primary school) ...

It is not Barrett I am defending .... it is truth that is valuable and needs defending ... if we allow the ridiculous, hate filled, mean spirited, miserable commentary of the habitual baggers to become the accepted version .... then we have all lost something, we are all diminished and no better than the rabble that call themselves Parramatta ...

It is like your claim that without the Penn's there would be no Sea Eagles .... I would have thought the Bloke that the Penn's shafted and drove out of the club, Max Delmege would have that honour .. and again your claim that the Penn's paid the bills when no one else would ... how do you know that ... just another one of your made up stuff .. what about the 3 offers they have had to sell ... seems to me there are a few people happy to pay the bills ...

You really have a very loose relationship with facts .... but carry on .... your hatred of Barrett may eventually get you some sort of government benefits .....

You are correct you still don't get it ... (refer back to my suggestion you revisit primary school) ...

It is not Barrett I am defending .... it is truth that is valuable and needs defending ... if we allow the ridiculous, hate filled, mean spirited, miserable commentary of the habitual baggers to become the accepted version .... then we have all lost something, we are all diminished and no better than the rabble that call themselves Parramatta ...

It is like your claim that without the Penn's there would be no Sea Eagles .... I would have thought the Bloke that the Penn's shafted and drove out of the club, Max Delmege would have that honour .. and again your claim that the Penn's paid the bills when no one else would ... how do you know that ... just another one of your made up stuff .. what about the 3 offers they have had to sell ... seems to me there are a few people happy to pay the bills ...

You really have a very loose relationship with facts .... but carry on .... your hatred of Barrett may eventually get you some sort of government benefits .....
Mmmmmmm ....... benefits

You are attempting to lift the conversation to a higher level of impartial and analytical debate than ST is designed for old mate...
for the most part its echo-chamber emotional downloading that dominates critique and analysis on this type of forum...

Seems the players have been reading @Woodsie ’s posts.

Since Trent Barrett was announced last week as the Dogs' new head coach for 2021 and beyond, his and Hill's phones have not stopped ringing with interest from potential signings.

Their new sponsor is Laundy Hotels, I saw a news snippet where the owner says he will be very hands on, he'll talk to the players, and wants to 'help them' after their careers as well. He did everything but say 'wink wink nudge nudge'.
Sounds like the dogs will have plenty of dirty Laundy to air.

Their new sponsor is Laundy Hotels, I saw a news snippet where the owner says he will be very hands on, he'll talk to the players, and wants to 'help them' after their careers as well. He did everything but say 'wink wink nudge nudge'.

I wonder if the players will score an invite to snort flour next time with Stu Laundy, Kurtley Beale and Corey Norman?

You mean Penn refused to employ people around him to do the coaching for him? He had John Cartwright, an experienced NRL coach, alongside him the entire time, in 2016 he had Anthony Seibold as his 'minister of defence' (but mysteriously he left) and in 2017 he had Willie Peters as an assistant but that didn't end well either.
The head coach is responsible for keeping the coaching staff on the same page.Simple fact is Baz may have great ideas about the game and be popular but he was not ready for such a big job. The manner of his resignation simply proved that.
Even if he does well at the Dogs (which will be an uphill battle) that won't rewrite his failed history at Manly (and I say all that as someone who really wanted him to succeed at Manly).
We all wanted him to succeed at Manly.. i dont mind if he does well. If he got us the spoon then id forever loathe him but he didn't.... just

Warning bells

I heard Laundy is a huge fan of uncle nick so let's keep an eye out for some truly ridiculous signings for TB to coach.

While Laundy has the warm glow about him (them) I think TB will have all the resources he could wish for.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4