'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barrett is probably a fantastic assistant coach but the step up to head coach is beyond him.
The dogs might improve next season but only by 2-3 spots up the ladder if everything goes their way.
Players like JAC will go backwards under him, Bellamy brings out the best in a player where Barrett is more interested in being one of the boys by enjoying a beer.

Remember who recommended him and then employed him in the first place.

Fulton and the Penns.

Des is still cleaning up the wreckage from the Barrett/Fulton x-connection years.

The one and only Incomparable Immortal has never failed

Others have failed to live up to his Great standards feathered friend

20210121_132329.jpg

Didn't the Turbos love him though ?? That was the rhetoric flying around at the time. And DCE was on the record as being a big supporter of Trent. So he had a clique going of some description.

The Hynes highlights here from 2015 show he was our main half in NYC, playing in the same team as Tom a few times.

Real dud that Barrett cut him once he got injured in 2016 after apparently saying he could train with the top squad.

Remember who recommended him and then employed him in the first place.

Fulton and the Penns.

Des is still cleaning up the wreckage from the Barrett/Fulton x-connection years.

And just remember who recommended him to Bozo.

I still say that Phil Gould sold Barrett's virtues to Bozo simply to get him the hell out of Penrith before he stuffed even more things up after he had coached the reigning U/20's premiers to a 9th place finish. And what better place to send him than the hated Manly? From what we know, Gus was pretty much on the phone to Bozo singing about Barrett's coaching ability the moment it became clear that Tooves was on borrowed time as our coach.

Selling Zoolander to Bozo and Manly became a 2-fold win for Gus. It got Barrett away from Penrith without having to sack him and cause a rift in their personal friendship, and it did a number on Manly.

I still say that Phil Gould sold Barrett's virtues to Bozo simply to get him the hell out of Penrith before he stuffed even more things up after he had coached the reigning U/20's premiers to a 9th place finish. And what better place to send him than the hated Manly? From what we know, Gus was pretty much on the phone to Bozo singing about Barrett's coaching ability the moment it became clear that Tooves was on borrowed time as our coach.

Selling Zoolander to Bozo and Manly became a 2-fold win for Gus. It got Barrett away from Penrith without having to sack him and cause a rift in their personal friendship, and it did a number on Manly.
but then, why bring him back?

Bozo was more than familiar with Barrett's work as they were both together on Laurie Daley's Origin staff for a couple of years. Bozo had first hand experience with Trent so he can't blame Gus for selling him a pup. Bozo knew what he was getting, well at least he thought he did.

Blaming every single failing or bad news story from the club between 2016-18 on Barrett, and attributing every success (i.e. 2017) to other people is really taking the easy option.

Remembering of course that we booted out a club legend in 2015 with a year left on his contract after he missed the finals. But we didn't blame him for the type of off-field and recruitment issues that people squarely pin on Barrett. Or do we?

• Falling out with Hastings and hanging him out to dry
  • Falling out with Taupau
  • Falling out with Ivan Cleary (twice)
  • Hanging Kyle Flanagan out to dry
  • Falling out with Willie Peters and hanging him out to dry
  • Falling out with Bob Fulton
  • Falling out with entire Manly organisation
Have to say his strengths in building strong relationships and team morale is looking a little shaky.
Hahah good points. But while I do think it ends bad (when they realise he’s a fraud or when he throws them under the bus), he does have a lot of players that seem to stay quite loyal to him and follow him around (even though they often are rejected by their clubs).

It’s hard to tell from the outside but certainly throws some players under the bus (eg hastings, flanno).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2