'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can understand the sentiment behind the ol’ “take a cup of concrete and harden the **** up” approach and yes we are probably a little short on resilience, but...

it’s not a Kyle Flanagan issue. It’s just human nature to live inside of one’s own circumstance. The idea that we can simply remind a depressed person of the staving children in Africa to cure them is misleading. A person’s mental health is a complex and tangled web of many variables and is limited in some capacity to circumstance.

If Kyle Flanagan’s world is made up of 400k contract and a professional football career, he is entitled to feel a full range of emotions within that world and should not be limited to positivity and resilience simply because of a perceived privilege. He can only live what is in front of him.

At the end of the day, I think the Dogs media manager hasn’t thought things through. Robin Williams was a rich, Hollywood celebrity, adored by millions and took his own life. I’d hate to frown upon him as a soft cock.
I actually think he is showing passion by the intensity of his emotions. If he just shrugged his shoulders and said whatever - that is displaying more self entitlement in my opinion.

Kyle wants to be a first grade footballer - he is obviously not just playing for a pay cheque. How does him breaking down signify weakness and self entitlement? I'd say the opposite is true.

I can understand the sentiment behind the ol’ “take a cup of concrete and harden the **** up” approach and yes we are probably a little short on resilience, but...

it’s not a Kyle Flanagan issue. It’s just human nature to live inside of one’s own circumstance. The idea that we can simply remind a depressed person of the staving children in Africa to cure them is misleading. A person’s mental health is a complex and tangled web of many variables and is limited in some capacity to circumstance.

If Kyle Flanagan’s world is made up of 400k contract and a professional football career, he is entitled to feel a full range of emotions within that world and should not be limited to positivity and resilience simply because of a perceived privilege. He can only live what is in front of him.

At the end of the day, I think the Dogs media manager hasn’t thought things through. Robin Williams was a rich, Hollywood celebrity, adored by millions and took his own life. I’d hate to frown upon him as a soft cock.
Media is not compulsory either I don’t believe Snake. 360 mentioned last night Cody Walker chose not to do it due to what was going on for him at the time. Look I’ve prob been a bit harsh on this guy and we don’t know his personal circumstances and perhaps pressure of being flannos son. And I certainly get the MH component and how g the at looks different to others I don’t know it just seemed a bit strange to me. Anyway, hope he sorts it out. He’ll be back in at some point it was never going to be a permanent axing, in fact he’s still named on the reserves. Not like his contract has been torn up.

He got emotional when they asked him about his dad. When he started the interview, he didn't appear to be kicking stones or trying to garner sympathy. He owned the fact that he wasn't playing good enough football, shouldered the blame and vowed to fight his way back.

The question about his father was what broke him - like he felt ashamed to be letting his dad down.

In a sport where young guys have committed suicide because of the pressure they feel - the enormous pressure to perform under the public spotlight of ongoing scrutiny - it's poor form to label him a soft c0ck.

Agree, Bob. I don't think think his ceiling is high or that he'll ever be more than a "steady" NRL half. But Baz signed him as a "marquee" recruit and now he's being used as the fall guy for a string of poor team performances. Poor man management, poor coaching - whatever you call it, it's weak as piss.
So who will he sack next week? When he hasn’t got young Flanno to blame

I think I am a damn hard marker - especially when it comes to other teams. I am also very much against the "soft" approach we supposedly have to take today with this generation and their entitled attitudes - of me first etc. But what happened to Flanagan yesterday really was a disgrace. As others have said - it shows Barrett up for the total fraud he is. But gee imagine young Flanagan back in the day with coaches who tore strips off you. I remember John Barber - yes the ex Manly John Barber, in my very first A Grade game when I was a young Redcliffe junior, spending the entire 10 minutes of half time as A Grade coach tearing strips off one of the forwards. He went ballistic for 10 minutes and called him every name under the sun - never spoke a word about anything or anyone else. As an 18 year old I was simply scared ****less and it wasn't even aimed at me lol. These guys today would have just died with that sort of treatment but gee it hardened you up quick smart. But no way back then would someone who was struggling be sent out to the media to be made a fool of. It was always done behind closed doors.

Last edited:
He got emotional when they asked him about his dad. When he started the interview, he didn't appear to be kicking stones or trying to garner sympathy. He owned the fact that he wasn't playing good enough football, shouldered the blame and vowed to fight his way back.

The question about his father was what broke him - like he felt ashamed to be letting his dad down.

In a sport where young guys have committed suicide because of the pressure they feel - the enormous pressure to perform under the public spotlight of ongoing scrutiny - it's poor form to label him a soft c0ck.
Perspective
In sport guys feel the pressure ?
There are single mums working and looking after their kids trying to make ends meet paying the rent put food on the table and school needs all on their own and I never see them cry but only inspire their kids and the guys that are on hundreds of thousands cant handle the pressure of being a footy player

That is very poor form Soft Soft Soft ccks

What is this self entitled world coming too

As soon as there is a bit of pressure it is good bye cruel world

I don't think any coach chooses the players who are available to front the media inbetween games.

Surely this would be the role of the media manager?

Perspective
In sport guys feel the pressure ?
There are single mums working and looking after their kids trying to make ends meet paying the rent put food on the table and school needs all on their own and I never see them cry but only inspire their kids and the guys that are on hundreds of thousands cant handle the pressure of being a footy player

That is very poor form Soft Soft Soft ccks
Who are you calling a soft c0ck?

Flanagan wasn't crying because he was dropped. He admitted he wasn't playing to the standard required. Flanagan was emotional because he is passionate about achieving his dreams. He felt he let people down.

Flanagan has been tackling 120kg monsters for year's. He gets smashed as a little guy and is brave enough to keep fronting up despite ongoing speculation about his ability.

Flanagan is passionate - not soft.

Barrett chat is some of the most uninteresting on here imo....buuuuut 1 thing I noticed a few weeks back when Nadan signed (or just before he signed) was a quote from Barrett where he said something along the lines of "he is a good mate of mine" in referencing Nadan.

I dunno, It just struck as weird phrasing and indicative of why Barrett may never make it as a coach.

You're not one of the boys Trent, you're the boss

Flanagan wasn't crying because he was dropped. He admitted he wasn't playing to the standard required. Flanagan was emotional because he is passionate about achieving his dreams. He felt he let people down.

Flanagan has been tackling 120kg monsters for year's. He gets smashed as a little guy and is brave enough to keep fronting up despite ongoing speculation about his ability.

Flanagan is passionate - not soft.
Real toughness is mental toughness and mental toughness is true grit

Mental weakness is
Feeling sorry for your self
and giving a fck what others think

My posts have made my point clear
Please read them again and you will find the answer that you are looking for
Nah, I don't need to find any answer mate - and I sure as sh1t don't need to go looking for some cryptic message in your post. Either call a man a soft c0ck or don't. Anything else would be kinda soft

Real toughness is mental toughness and mental toughness is true grit

Mental weakness is
Feeling sorry for your self
and giving a fck what others think
I remember Mark Geyer and Royce Simmons crying after the GF in 1991 - are they soft? They were very emotional the entire night after that win.

Nah, I don't need to find any answer mate - and I sure as sh1t don't need to go looking for some cryptic message in your post. Either call a man a soft c0ck or don't. Anything else would be - well, kinda soft
By your answer you proved to me you have no idea what I am talking about

You canBelieve what you believe and we can leave this topic because we have different views .

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6