'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hooper on big league wrap had the complete brain fart moment of the century when talking about TBaz the other night when he said something like ' im backing him to come good. He did at manly and did a good job'..... WTF? He was sacked and is possibly our worst ever coach. FMD.
He wasn't even sacked, he gave up half way through his contract.

It was unbelievably cruel to put him up in front of the media. Brutal.
Perspective time

In the world war one and two 18 years old's were fronting guns and cannons and in the trenches with their mates head blown off and we now have players crying fronting the media

What a soft society we have become

Pathetic

The moral of the story

Grow some fcking balls !

Perspective time

In the world war one and two 18 years old's were fronting guns and cannons and in the trenches with their mates head blown off and we now have players crying fronting the media

Pathetic

The moral of the story

Grow some fcking balls !
It's a byproduct of the "everyone gets a trophy " society that we live in..
These kids have no idea how to handle loss or criticism as they have never had to experience it growing up.. flogged by 36 points? No worries, here's a prize because you showed up anyway . It's pathetic.. it truely is taking the grit out of the players..

My boy is 2 and one day will play footy.. he can have his first couple of trophy's but once he's old enough to understand, he will be taught to not accept a trophy just for showing up, he will only accept one if he's earnt it

These kids have no idea how to handle loss or criticism as they have never had to experience it growing up.. flogged by 36 points? No worries, here's a prize because you showed up anyway . It's pathetic.. it truely is taking the grit out of the players..

My boy is 2 and one day will play footy.. he can have his first couple of trophy's but once he's old enough to understand, he will be taught to not accept a trophy just for showing up, he will only accept one if he's earnt it
Sadly, this is true. I saw a kids certificate the other day for "trying hard in literacy", so you are spot on, everyone gets a prize!

Kyle Flanagan was sacked by the Roosters so exactly what did dopey think would happen by contracting him into a complete mess.

@BOZO is right though, grow some balls!

He was aweful last year in the Roosters team, so no surprise he isnt shining in a Bulldogs team that could be the worst NRL side this century.
Agree, Bob. I don't think think his ceiling is high or that he'll ever be more than a "steady" NRL half. But Baz signed him as a "marquee" recruit and now he's being used as the fall guy for a string of poor team performances. Poor man management, poor coaching - whatever you call it, it's weak as piss.

I think Zoolander will start to loose his “best mate” tag with the players.. the way he’s thrown his “marquee” signing under the bus won’t go unnoticed by the players and footy staff, even at other clubs and he will start to be seen for what he really is... a fraud of a coach just looking to secure his own job at anyone’s expense.

sure they have a weak roster and they are never going to make the finals let alone win the Comp but seriously the coach should be getting his team up to have a real red hot go.. defend for each other, get enthusiastic and dive on that loose ball, play for each other and have a bit of pride in your effort.. the 1%ers, He’s also “apparently “ an attacking genius. So you would think that even with the limited cattle his master stroke moves would at the very least have the dogs “looking” threatening with the ball and scoring points....crisp and sharp in attack... but what do they have ZERO they play like they have been coached WITH NO IDEA!

Last edited:
All It took was nine weeks for him to be completely exposed. He strode into Belmore like Charlie Darwin on Galapagos Island, accepting all the plaudits for the Panthers attack without batting an eyelid. Incidentally, the Panthers have improved this year. He tried to claim the credit for Manly's successful 2019 season as well.

Anyone with an IQ above 60 can see that Barrett is an absolute dud - a pretender of the highest order. The guy is just an unevolved parrot. He speaks well and looks good on camera, but he can't coach. That was clearly apparent when he was here.

At least the Dogs provided him with the best win of his entire career. No one can take away that stirring two point victory against the Sharks.

I use to coach my sons soccer team and about U8s I tried to move away from everyone getting the game day trophy and awarding it to the Best on Ground.

It almost started a riot with the parents, as they thought it totally unfair that their little Johnny (with limited ability) wasn’t going to get recognized

Perspective time

Pathetic

The moral of the story

Grow some fcking balls !
Couldn’t agree more Bozo. There are people in society of the same age working tooth and nail to make ends meet and support young families. How much is this guy earning? $400k a year? Living at home with his parents, one of which is a premiership winning coach I understand. Nobody’s died, he’s been dropped (for now and he’ll be back) due to repeated poor performance. He’s still getting paid. Our other friend working his 9-5pm for minimum wage at the same age supporting his young family gets sacked for repeated poor performance. This situation is a bit of a head scratcher for mine. Sure Bulldogs could have managed it better but rather than sprouting poor me, maybe take some accountability fii of r your performance. Perhaps I’m just becoming an angry old man at 43 lol

Couldn’t agree more Bozo. There are people in society of the same age working tooth and nail to make ends meet and support young families. How much is this guy earning? $400k a year? Living at home with his parents, one of which is a premiership winning coach I understand. Nobody’s died, he’s been dropped (for now and he’ll be back) due to repeated poor performance. He’s still getting paid. Our other friend working his 9-5pm for minimum wage at the same age supporting his young family gets sacked for repeated poor performance. This situation is a bit of a head scratcher for mine. Sure Bulldogs could have managed it better but rather than sprouting poor me, maybe take some accountability fii of r your performance. Perhaps I’m just becoming an angry old man at 43 lol
Self entitled Society that is full of Soft Ccks

Last edited:
I can understand the sentiment behind the ol’ “take a cup of concrete and harden the **** up” approach and yes we are probably a little short on resilience, but...

it’s not a Kyle Flanagan issue. It’s just human nature to live inside of one’s own circumstance. The idea that we can simply remind a depressed person of the staving children in Africa to cure them is misleading. A person’s mental health is a complex and tangled web of many variables and is limited in some capacity to circumstance.

If Kyle Flanagan’s world is made up of 400k contract and a professional football career, he is entitled to feel a full range of emotions within that world and should not be limited to positivity and resilience simply because of a perceived privilege. He can only live what is in front of him.

At the end of the day, I think the Dogs media manager hasn’t thought things through. Robin Williams was a rich, Hollywood celebrity, adored by millions and took his own life. I’d hate to frown upon him as a soft cock.

Self entitled Society that is full of Soft Cks
Don’t get me wrong Bozo I empathize with people in situations less fortunate and understand societal disadvantage and a lot of people have it tough. However, Kyle Flanagan being dropped due to poor performance is hardly a matter to cry about in front of national media. Just seems really child like for some reason. Almost like throwing his toys but it being masked under the guise of an emotional response. My son worked hard all summer on his cricket to make the A team at school. And I mean net sessions 3-4 times a week. He made the C team and was devastated, didn’t even make the Bs but didn’t cry (at least not in front of me) but was gutted. You know what his response was?” Dad we need to go to the nets an extra two nights a week if we can, I need to train more” Well he started in Cs and after top scoring the first 4 matches was called into the Bs where he also top scored on numerous occasions. He knows he’s in good stead for the As next season. I’m sure Kyle will have a similar attitude.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7