'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You'd think with Matty Ballin, Monas & Snake all back in the fold coaching their particular attributes that the need for an assistant coach may well be minimal, given how involved Dessie is.

P.S. @Ranga I can't ever see Dessie getting rid of Donny for Ferris haha
I was talking about Baz taking Ferris to the dogs. To me, that would just cement the lunacy of the Dogs appointing Baz in the first place.

Biggest issue I can see is him trying to poach some of our junior talent albert hopoate, sione fainu, josh schuster.
Afb off contract end of next year he may sniff around him also.

Lol It'd seriously take all of this so called war chest to get one manly fringe player to leave Des and his record, Manly in the direction they are heading, just to go to the bulldogs and be part of some "5 year rebuilding plan".

Manly going well - rothfool and his cronies usually publish b/s before our games to put us off.

Manly lose a few... nothing

Manly win again.... rothfool quickly pumps out something to try and take happiness away from a great victory.

Guy's a peanut's peanut.

My personal belief if that Barrett will be go OK at the dogs. I despise what he did in shafting us and sabotaging our season with his media stunts......and I hope he fails miserably. But my gut feel is he is a good coach and will get them back to being competitive.

I never worry about what Rothfield says it's usually just clickbait with no relevance to anything but no doubt Barrett will try and raid us at some point. He's got form in that area and no doubt the Panthers have already warned him off from recruiting there. Let's hope the Bulldogs gets some of their non Manly targets and deplete their war chest and leave us alone. Eg Cotric for example. AFB should be our biggest priority to lock down even further into the future ...just sayin.

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
My personal belief if that Barrett will be go OK at the dogs. I despise what he did in shafting us and sabotaging our season with his media stunts......and I hope he fails miserably. But my gut feel is he is a good coach and will get them back to being competitive.

I never worry about what Rothfield says it's usually just clickbait with no relevance to anything but no doubt Barrett will try and raid us at some point. He's got form in that area and no doubt the Panthers have already warned him off from recruiting there. Let's hope the Bulldogs gets some of their non Manly targets and deplete their war chest and leave us alone. Eg Cotric for example. AFB should be our biggest priority to lock down even further into the future ...just sayin.
Yeah agree on Afb best prop in game need to keep him

Good luck to Barrett and the dogs. All I can say is that the confidence and resilience he's going to bring with him to the club is going to be infectious...

images (2) (1).jpeg

My nostradamus effort...
I reckon Tyrone May, Caeleb Aekins probs follow Twent cause they are off contract and out of favour at Panthers... James Tamou possibility but doubt they would pay $750k that hes on atm... young Hoppa is an obvious target as off contract with no games for us and Will over there... not sure how much he had to do with Cade but CC is off contract and would likely jump at a starting opportunity and I reckon you may see Croker with a blue 9 on his back and Walkz with a blue 3 in 2022 (which will please some on ST)...

I was talking about Baz taking Ferris to the dogs. To me, that would just cement the lunacy of the Dogs appointing Baz in the first place.
Ah I get it now , yes that would cement the situation.

I think Trent possibly is a good assistant coach but think he lacks a fair bit in being head coach , I can’t believe he’s fooled the Bulldogs board into believing he’s their saviour.

Ah right, dunno what I was thinking when I read your post earlier, I'll put it down to Monday morning myopia!

There’s a few of the boys on this site who have an obvious man crush on Trent the numnbutt. It’s apparent by the constant excuses they throw out for their very handsome friend. And therein lies Trent’s main weapon, he bedazzles those who are susceptible to his big brown eyes.

Biggest issue I can see is him trying to poach some of our junior talent albert hopoate, sione fainu, josh schuster.
Afb off contract end of next year he may sniff around him also.

AFB is the player i think they will open the chequebook for. I think they will target established players as they have young players but need some experience.

Does make me a bit nervous if Cartwright is earmarked and is talking to the players already ala BA.

AFB is the player i think they will open the chequebook for. I think they will target established players as they have young players but need some experience.

Does make me a bit nervous if Cartwright is earmarked and is talking to the players already ala BA.
Addin signed an extension last season. He won’t be going anywhere. Schuster has two more seasons after this one as well. Hopoate is the one who is most at risk.

Fair dinkum there is some hysterical shiite on here .... does anybody seriously think that at least 15 other clubs haven't looked at Schuster, young Hoppa and fainu Jr, .....
Well I got no doubt rothfield will make huge deal of it, despite fake the wanker walked from our club. Cartright situation he was under contract I doubt he Des preferred choice as assistant we he got here

I read that ex coach Brian Smith is an Uber driver at the moment.

The dogs should have a look at him before believing what Gus is selling once more.

Though sounds like the deal with trent is done.

Addin signed an extension last season. He won’t be going anywhere. Schuster has two more seasons after this one as well. Hopoate is the one who is most at risk.
How did that theory work out for Green, Matterson, Josh Morris who all had signed contracts in place... if a player gets a better offer than it is all over rover these days...

How did that theory work out for Green, Matterson, Josh Morris who all had signed contracts in place... if a player gets a better offer than it is all over rover these days...
From memory, Baz told Green he could go because he believed we had signed Pearce. Then when that fell through Baz reneged and Green started kicking stones.

All of the players who you have mentioned were entering the final year of there contracts. If Canterbury offered Addin a massive deal they would be breaking the anti tampering rule. Therefore any of our players who are contracted for two or more years are safe from Baz’s slippery grasp.

There’s a few of the boys on this site who have an obvious man crush on Trent the numnbutt. It’s apparent by the constant excuses they throw out for their very handsome friend. And therein lies Trent’s main weapon, he bedazzles those who are susceptible to his big brown eyes.
There are also a few on this site who didnt buy into "the sky is falling and it's all Twents fault" theory too KW... in my view, our culture was toxic when Twent came and whilst he couldnt overcome the situation, I think the whole situation was more a reflection on certain 'powerbrokers' at Manly than it was on his coaching ability... hopefully he gets some clear air at the dogs and if he does than he will need to put the runs on the board, and I wont be surprised if he does... there are people more in the know than I who say he can coach and players all sing his praises so we will see I guess...

Some clubs such as manly and canterbury do best with a coach who has played for the club.

Mortimer was saying Des had to go because he had no bulldogs DNA. Now they go for Bartlett, so they are lost in the wilderness I reckon.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8