'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So the dogs are giving Trent 3 million to spend so he can buy some big name players for the no name bulldog team ?

The bulldogs Siebold in action after a Manly game ...

View attachment 14889
Trenthony Barbold.

In fairness to Seibold, he has kept his emotions publicly in check in recent months.

Maybe he can reunite with Trenton Barretino as his defensive coach?

Last edited:
Buzz Rothfield mentioned on radio this morning that John Cartwright will link up with Barrett as an assistant coach at the Bulldogs.
Also said that while Manly have managed their cap very well, the club are worried given Barrett’s closeness with the playing group of him looking to recruit from his old club.

Buzz Rothfield mentioned on radio this morning that John Cartwright will link up with Barrett as an assistant coach at the Bulldogs.
Also said that while Manly have managed their cap very well, the club are worried given Barrett’s closeness with the playing group of him looking to recruit from his old club.
Yeah read something similar on Foxsports.....Barrett planning a raid on the Sea Eagles. Cartwright first but no mention of who else. Des better ensure Hopoate, Schuster, Olakau’atu etc are tied up!!!!

Suli and Fainu were just starting... AFB, and both turbos weren't as good as they are now.. he definitely made some poor decisions and we lacked toughness. In 2017 though we were statistically one of the best attacking teams in the comp. Ask anyone at penrith, man knows how to attack...not saying he wasn't a disaster at manly, just saying
I'll go one better on AFB... he was Fn TERRIBLE and used to give away dumba** penalties all the time - like when we had teams pinned in their own 20 and along comes Addin and shoves some bloke back down or rips at a ball, it used to sh*t me to tears!! Jake was going pretty good already but Tom was terrible in his defensive positional play and could not throw a pass to save himself - no controversy about forward passes back then because EVERY pass Tom threw was forward! Suli was fatboy, walks was playing out of position in a new role cause wed just lost Green and everyone in administration at the club was still pointing fingers over the foz/gifty/watmough/hayson fallout... oh, and wacko jacko and his girlfriend lane were happy for the 2nd half of the season as well...

But yeah, dce and marty were playing well so we should have made finals at least!

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
Noticed Monas in the dressing room on Saturday night and looks like fairly established in the inner sanctum now so maybe would be considered as a coaching assistant if Cartwright does move on . Des has always been very much a hands on style of coach and ideally will be staying for an extended time frame so really would not require that much of a high profile assistant in the general sense . Maybe a bit of inexperience at N R L level for Monas but quite familiar with the Manly culture and could be a good fit there as any other prospective assistant out there .

I think I will lose my sh!t if Barrett appoints Dan Ferris as his strength and conditioning dude!

If Cartwright goes, I am OK with that. Time to start properly developing Des' successor for whenever the day comes. Is it Monaghan?

Noticed Monas in the dressing room on Saturday night and looks like fairly established in the inner sanctum now so maybe would be considered as a coaching assistant if Cartwright does move on . Des has always been very much a hands on style of coach and ideally will be staying for an extended time frame so really would not require that much of a high profile assistant in the general sense . Maybe a bit of inexperience at N R L level for Monas but quite familiar with the Manly culture and could be a good fit there as any other prospective assistant out there .
I see our thoughts were aligned at the same time!

And Randall

Longest shot ever but would love to see Tooves next to Des.

good read, including:

“Trent Barrett is apparently a done deal. Canterbury are in for more years of misery as the club is seemingly desperate to repeat Newcastle’s Nathan Brown experience, minus the charisma and the Best Bets.

Let’s start at the beginning. Recycled coaches never work. There is a long history of it. The Bulldogs should not be looking at failed coaches. And Barrett is a failed coach. Manly have missed the finals three times since 2005. Twice were in Barrett’s three years. Defence is the best indicator of success. The Eagles conceded 500-plus twice under Barrett. They have done it just one other time since 2006.

Players in the team Barrett guided to 15th in 2018: Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Addin Fonua-Blake, Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Dylan Walker, Jorge Taufua, Joel Thompson, Api Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Manase Fainu.

Anyone who thinks he is going to be even a competent head coach is a downright idiot.

The fact he was hired before due diligence was given to the market just adds to the stupidity. There is no market for Barrett. Wayne Bennett likely could have been convinced. Better coaches exist out there at both assistant and overseas level.

When you think it cannot get any lower at Belmore, it does. The joint is cast if it is entrusting the keys to a once-proud club to Trent Barrett. “

The obvious is being ignored here. Trent Barrett is intellectually deficient and anyone who has met him gleens that piece of information very very quickly.
This is going to be an unmitigated disaster and I’m so looking forward to it.

good read, including:

“Trent Barrett is apparently a done deal. Canterbury are in for more years of misery as the club is seemingly desperate to repeat Newcastle’s Nathan Brown experience, minus the charisma and the Best Bets.

Let’s start at the beginning. Recycled coaches never work. There is a long history of it. The Bulldogs should not be looking at failed coaches. And Barrett is a failed coach. Manly have missed the finals three times since 2005. Twice were in Barrett’s three years. Defence is the best indicator of success. The Eagles conceded 500-plus twice under Barrett. They have done it just one other time since 2006.

Players in the team Barrett guided to 15th in 2018: Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Addin Fonua-Blake, Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Dylan Walker, Jorge Taufua, Joel Thompson, Api Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Manase Fainu.

Anyone who thinks he is going to be even a competent head coach is a downright idiot.

The fact he was hired before due diligence was given to the market just adds to the stupidity. There is no market for Barrett. Wayne Bennett likely could have been convinced. Better coaches exist out there at both assistant and overseas level.

When you think it cannot get any lower at Belmore, it does. The joint is cast if it is entrusting the keys to a once-proud club to Trent Barrett. “
Read on... the author suggests targeting Benji, Will Kennedy, Jake Turpin, Ryan James, Matt Eisenhuth (I sh*t you not)...

...obviously a League Sevant who's knowledge and reasoning can not be understood by mere mortals...

Young Hoppa is the only player currently in the Manly squad who is still unsigned and for whatever reason and not moving on at this stage .
I think I will lose my sh!t if Barrett appoints Dan Ferris as his strength and conditioning dude!

If Cartwright goes, I am OK with that. Time to start properly developing Des' successor for whenever the day comes. Is it Monaghan?
Could be a quick learner but would think that Monas would still need a decent assistant coaching apprenticeship to be elevated from that role . Pretty sure[ and a bit ironic now] that Dez and Monnas were not seeing eye and eye in a coach and player sense back in 2004 - 5 or so . But , times change and in professional sport in particular , pragmatism does take some precedence and both guys are definitely mature and sensible enough to have a good working relationship now .

You'd think with Matty Ballin, Monas & Snake all back in the fold coaching their particular attributes that the need for an assistant coach may well be minimal, given how involved Dessie is.

P.S. @Ranga I can't ever see Dessie getting rid of Donny for Ferris haha

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8