'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barrett is a good assistant coach. I'd say he'd do well with the Dragons.

The guy just isnt a head coach
Yeah I think he could be useful as an assistant. He will want to be careful over coaching the attack though...he basically went to Canterbury and tried implement a structure that was identical to Penrith and you could see the players were out of their depths. As soon as Potter took over, the shackles came off and they just play footy now.

Yeah I think he could be useful as an assistant. He will want to be careful over coaching the attack though...he basically went to Canterbury and tried implement a structure that was identical to Penrith and you could see the players were out of their depths. As soon as Potter took over, the shackles came off and they just play footy now.
Watching the Dogs yesterday, its clear that he was holding them back and stifling their creativity.
The shackles have certainly been lifted and they're quite an exciting team to watch.
Is it definite that Ciraldo is going there next year?
I reckon they're doing good with that Potter bloke

....One name that keeps coming up is former player Trent Barrett. Barrett is managed by Wayne Beavis, who also manages Griffin, and has a long-standing relationship with people in high positions at the club.......

It does my head in (sorta) that 'journos' have to throw in little bits of their 'like totes where's there's smoke there's fire!!! nudge nudge wink wink...
fmd
So beavis manages both and knows people in a footy club woooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!
All managing both barrett and griffin tells me is "everybody, don't use Beavis as your manager..lol"

They do it with players as well. Remember when gifty and snake were off contract?
The Stewart bros might end up at St George because their dad is friends with someone from the club! lol (actually they pulled some similar b/s with the Trbo's)
Like omg...do...friggen...better...'journos!'

/rant
lulz
Journo's need to stop trying to shop our brother combinations to St George - bugger off!

I’ve already written to St George to tell them what a marvellous appointment it would be.
I'm writing to the Parra board pleading with them to sack BA and bring in the wonderkid Barrett. Of course they might need to lobby the govt for another few hundred million to get their facilities up to scratch first.

Yeh but Barrett will claim it was the work he did on the Dogs team that is now reaping the benefits for Potter. He's a master at preparing players it seems.

Red V get out the red pen​

St George Illawarra will begin compiling a shortlist of candidates to replace the two assistant coaches - Mat Head and Peter Gentle - who were last week tapped on the shoulder by Anthony Griffin.

One name that keeps coming up is former player Trent Barrett. Barrett is managed by Wayne Beavis, who also manages Griffin, and has a long-standing relationship with people in high positions at the club.

Don’t be surprised if there’s also a specific focus on having someone that can develop a close relationship with the young talent at the club. It has been Griffin’s Achilles heel at both the Panthers and Dragons. It hasn’t gone unnoticed. One name discussed is Dragons Jersey Flegg coach Willie Talau.

If the dragons are looking for 2 assistant coaches, then look no further...
1659333549225.png

It was more like baz saying to Nathan, " hey browny how about I take over as coach?"
Nathan: "snap out of it you idiot. You'll never make it as a head coach"

The Barrett curse has been lifted - Dogs:

The Bulldogs are freed of Barrett’s ‘shackles’... key roster calls could finally wake NRL’s sleeping giant.

When asked what was the key to the Bulldogs’ turnaround, Burton had quite a straightforward response: “Playing more footy”.

It is a line that has been repeated by fellow playmakers Jake Averillo and Kyle Flanagan this week, who both told reporters of the way Potter has freed the “shackles” in attack.

“The shackles are off now and we are excited by how we are playing,” Flanagan said this week.

It shows too. Flanagan admitted earlier in the year there was a perception that the Bulldogs were a “structured team” but that had more to do with “the way we were being coached”.

Potter had a very different approach to Barrett, as Averillo explained.

“He’s given us all a lot of confidence,” Averillo said.

“He’s got a calm temperament and tells us to play footy, if we see something just do it. Don’t worry about the consequences and it’s really working for us. [It’s] just a change in mindset.

“I think we are playing every play on its merit. Before I think we were trying to get to a point for a play whereas now we’re playing eyes up and everyone’s pushing on the footy.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6