Barrett: Sea Eagles face tough task shedding players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brown and lussick out. Its strong mail at the moment not just a rumour. We can only hope this is TRUE! We can use their $ to buy a quality half partner for chez. At years end we also get Myles, j.wright off our books. Thats the last of our dead wood. Bring up fainu anderson suli and another big boppa next yr and things are looking bright even with the reduced cap

I think the teams in really good shape. You can add uate to that list too. No need for him with Parker Wright Anderson etc. needing a shot.

We are rebuilding. The 330 salary cap hit isn't all that much, if injuries are kind. And if injuries aren't kind you're never going to win a comp anyway.

Happy to give croker and Hastings more time. Croker needs to kick though.

I can't get an image of Tuesdays News Ltd papers, but the double page attack on Chez, along with a suggestive 'Manly _Hole' back page would rile his team mates as well as we Supporters :mad:

The current penalty would also temper the Manly Players' Agents in extension talks as they know that we are all spent up. :nerd:

I do believe that this is just the external pressure that forges the next Manly Premiership Team :inlove:

#WeAreManly
#Kay-Ye-My-Arse

Lewis Brown, Lachlan Croker, Jack Gosiewski, Jackson Hastings, Brian Kelly, Apisai Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Darcy Lussick, Curtis Sironen, Kelepi Tanginoa, Akuila Uate, Jonathan Wright

These are our players off contract. But Koroisau and Sironen are both practically re signed so you can take them off the list.

Brown and Lussick wont be re signed.

That leaves us Croker, Gosiewski, Hastings, Kelly, Lane, Tanginoa, Uate and Wright with futures to be decided.

I seriously doubt Uate and Wright will be kept with our young backs we have. One of Hastings or Croker will go, as we can only give one a possible position. Gosiewski and Lane, again only one will be kept. Kelly will depend on how he plays this season, same with Tanginoa.

I still think we will be active in the market, especially for a winger to replace Uate. Also looking for a gun half to partner Cherry-Evans. And another starting front rower to partner Taupau.

The players I'd like to see us target would be Lowe, Lamb and Hodkinson.

I’m excited.
What ppl are missing is the fact we will be better off than recent times with a roster that included players we could not use, taking up OVER 1 million dollars of cap space....now that was a disadvantage.
The ONLY part that pi##es me off is the fact Manly were picked out on a technicality that the other 15 teams would have some grey area’s also, due to an unclear system with this TPA BS, that was designed as a cheat for specific teams and players - not Manly.

Api is a must. I don't think sironens form warrants a three year extension so early in the season. I think we are jumping the gun a bit on this front. Is it because as time endures his price may rise in value? Or does recruitment believe there is no one on the market equal or better in quality to sironen for 400k a season? I believe Kikau if considered would be a better investment. Either way I do like siro, I just hope he continues to improve and deliver on a consistent basis. To start the season hehas unfortunately has made too many vital errors in bad times of the game. I prefer Hastings over Croker, but given the circumstances, it would come down to the more economical option imo. Unless Riley jacks is thereabouts.or a cheaper option. Uates price tag is a big red flag, especially for a winger, in which.I believe will see him on.the list of the given discards along with J Wright, Brown, the lussick brothers in which can be directly replaced with Tom Wright/ brad Parker. I fear Brian Kelly will be the biggest loss due to this debacle as his market value will rocket too much as other clubs are already showing interest. This is where the important development of Moses suli comes in and hopefully pays back the club loyalty with a bargain contract. Let's face it, this kid is a gun. Tanginoa on form I believe should be resigned now before other clubs get a whiff. I sense that he is of the taukeiaho calibre / mould that will only get better. That leaves jetski and lane if we can try and offload Winterstein I think we can keep both as lanes positional switch will replace darcys void and jetski and winter as backup backrowers. Without knowing the exact standing of our salary cap position I think with the likes of Wright paseka fainu and funa to choose from for the top squad I think we're still in pretty good stead for a big name scalp beyond 2018. What position needs strengthening? What player fits the mould? So many variables. But I believe the players Kikau, TPJ, Jacks, Isaako, Boyd, S Matautai and Sue should definitely be top of the hitlist

I also think as we have so much promise and youth options from last year's nyc team, we should look at offloading the forever reliable m Wright to offer more opportunity for them and pocket some salary cap space alike

Brown and lussick out. Its strong mail at the moment not just a rumour. We can only hope this is TRUE! We can use their $ to buy a quality half partner for chez. At years end we also get Myles, j.wright off our books. Thats the last of our dead wood. Bring up fainu anderson suli and another big boppa next yr and things are looking bright even with the reduced cap

Yes we have some real potential in the lower ranks.
Not counting players that have already played in our A team - Promising players coming through the grades in no particular order (please feel free to add any I've missed)

Full Back P Shuster

Centre/wingers . M Suli, J Anderson, T Funa,T Wright

Halves T Wright, C Cust, L Metcalf

Hooker M Fainu (also plays 1/2)

Forwards J Gosiewski, T Sipley, T Paseka, H Olakau’atu, K Titmuss, B Andrews, T Vailea, J Tarrant

Not counting players that have already played in our A team - Promising players coming through the grades in no particular order (please feel free to add any I've missed)

Full Back P Shuster

Forwards J Gosiewski, T Sipley, T Paseka, H Olakau’atu, K Titmuss, B Andrews, T Vailea, J Tarrant
What ever happened to haumole "guacomole" okalatau??

Full Back P Shuster

I think Amone will be one to watch. Doesn't have the type of game to storm into first grade at his age but there is enough there to suggest he's a first grader.

Lewis Brown, Lachlan Croker, Jack Gosiewski, Jackson Hastings, Brian Kelly, Apisai Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Darcy Lussick, Curtis Sironen, Kelepi Tanginoa, Akuila Uate, Jonathan Wright

These are our players off contract. But Koroisau and Sironen are both practically re signed so you can take them off the list.

Brown and Lussick wont be re signed.

That leaves us Croker, Gosiewski, Hastings, Kelly, Lane, Tanginoa, Uate and Wright with futures to be decided.

I seriously doubt Uate and Wright will be kept with our young backs we have. One of Hastings or Croker will go, as we can only give one a possible position. Gosiewski and Lane, again only one will be kept. Kelly will depend on how he plays this season, same with Tanginoa.

I still think we will be active in the market, especially for a winger to replace Uate. Also looking for a gun half to partner Cherry-Evans. And another starting front rower to partner Taupau.

The players I'd like to see us target would be Lowe, Lamb and Hodkinson.

I suppose Lussick and Brown are goneski. I think Uate should not be resigned along with Jono Wright, considering Manly's youthful depth are waiting to crack into the NRL. Next years 1-5 could look like:
Trbojevic
Taufua
Walker
Kelly
Parker

with T. Wright and Anderson as the next crop coming through.
Lachlan Croker should be retained along with Hastings being the 1st choice no#6.
I think Manly need to sign a front rower;
Shannon Boyd and Junior Paulo are off contract (hint hint Manly!). Ethan Lowe would be a very good signing.

I also think as we have so much promise and youth options from last year's nyc team, we should look at offloading the forever reliable m Wright to offer more opportunity for them and pocket some salary cap space alike

Someone rang the BSB during the week and said he won’t be there next year.

Longer term (noting we are the youngest team in the league):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. Lachlan Croker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Shaun Lane
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jackson Hastings
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Tofe Sipley

And Thompson / Uate in there until retirement.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2