Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
What the hell has happened to this bloke ?

I think back to the GF qualifier against the Cowboys, Hicks injured, he comes in and has a huge game, we are all excited about what 08 will bring for him, and he seems to have every attribute you want in a winger

1st 5 weeks of 08, he again looks the goods, has something like 5 tries in 5 games before getting injured, and we don't see him in 1st grade playing well with us again

I watch him play now for the Cowboys, and I see the worst player in the NRL running around, he is absolutely horrendous in nearly every aspect. Whoever negotiated the trade for Farrar should be given a medal, we have robbed the Cowboys blind on that deal

I was a huge Bani fan when he was coming through the lower grades at Manly and was thrilled when he cracked first grade and made an impact instantly.

Remember a game we had against the Dragons, he had pace and also busted the line off a kick off to set up Snake. He was fantastic.

I have no idea who is playing first grade for the Cowboys at the moment but it sure isn't the bloke I had a massive rap on.

I remember that try, what a try !! That game against the Cowboys will lodge in my mind for a long time when I think of Bani

Is amazing how a bloke that seemed to have it all 2 years ago is now so bad

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I remember that try, what a try !! That game against the Cowboys will lodge in my mind for a long time when I think of Bani

Is amazing how a bloke that seemed to have it all 2 years ago is now so bad

yeah mine too the 1st memory of him that comes to my mind...is  that try..

its not the player its the way cowboys play..look at travis burns they changed him also.. nothing like he was with us lil terrier.. everywhere..

He was pretty ordinary for Manly at the start of last year as well unfortunately... Just lost confidence or something.

The Wolfman's incredible run once he hit first grade absolutely destroyed his confidence. That most likely would've been Bani rather than Wolfman making that crazy good run in '08...

Bani also scored a sensational try against Parra in 2008 when Grothe dropped the ball. He has amazing pace. He was an amazing attacking player but has had a series of shoulder problems that affected his confidence in defence. Even this year for the Cows he has scored a couple of beauties but he lets them in as well.

Probably too close to home up in Townsville and the hangers on (ie bludging friends/relatives) are providing a distraction to him.

Agree he has plenty of mistakes in him these days

he is unbelieveably bad now for some reason..the only worse winger i can remember in the last 10 years is that indiginous cowboy winger who played one game only(i think against us) in townsville about 6 or 7 years ago,dropped 4 consecutive passes and was caught pretending to be hurt as he  went off on a stretcher with aabout 5 to go.if anyone can remember id love to know his name?

also can anyone remember the name of  a winger who had one game for us at ANZ stadium in brisbane about 10 or 12 years ago against broncos when our selected winger broke down warming up.he was an islander,we were down 20 odd nil,made a comeback on the back of the great beaver and then this guy dropped the ball with 3 minutes to go and the line wide open.it was his only game and to this day i reckon we found him in the carpark.

Poor old Bani.  He looks completely bewildered by the game's flow.  Maybe it's a thing that happens when you're neither in, nor out of the starting 17. 

susan ridgepipe link said:
he is unbelieveably bad now for some reason..the only worse winger i can remember in the last 10 years is that indiginous cowboy winger who played one game only(i think against us) in townsville about 6 or 7 years ago,dropped 4 consecutive passes and was caught pretending to be hurt as he  went off on a stretcher with aabout 5 to go.if anyone can remember id love to know his name?

also can anyone remember the name of  a winger who had one game for us at ANZ stadium in brisbane about 10 or 12 years ago against broncos when our selected winger broke down warming up.he was an islander,we were down 20 odd nil,made a comeback on the back of the great beaver and then this guy dropped the ball with 3 minutes to go and the line wide open.it was his only game and to this day i reckon we found him in the carpark.

Shannon Hegarty maybe the first one. But he was hopeless before he went to the Cowboys. My cousin's a Souths supporter and went to a game with them playing on the Central Coast and he yelled out "don't pass the ball to f**ken hegarty, he'll drop it"  what do they do next, pass it to Hegarty and he dropped it, we watched the replay and you could actually hear my cousin.

no,not hegarty.i think hegarty had a game for australia.definitely played a few origins.the guy im thinking of played one nrl game and was never seen again.

susan ridgepipe link said:

The Cowboys winger wasn't the great Ashley Alberts was it ? He had an equally impressive career with us.

Was the other winger Manly or Northern Eagles ?

The Cowgirls would have lost against the Raiders if Bani had of played on the wing tonight  His defense is total crap.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2